Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/31/2003 12:52:37 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a few relatively inexpensive general purpose discs that I can use and loan to family and friends while playing. I can't find my old disc and I have no idea who makes good discs or what discs are good for all-around use. I don't want to spend too much money, because some of these will probably end up lost in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:49:21 PM EDT
Innova makes a whole series of discs for 7-9 bucks each locally. I recently bought three for myself. Make sure and hit the Surplus store for a nice map case to haul them in,,,,it keeps the hippies nervous.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:58:46 PM EDT
It does seem the game attracts hippies. Maybe I should carry some spray deoderant to ward them off... Any particular discs a good midrange compromise? I was checking out some disc golf web sites and there almost as many different kind of discs as there are calibers in the gun world.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:01:53 PM EDT
I used to think golf was a boring game. Then I tried frisbee golf! My esteem of regular golf went through the roof after that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:04:42 PM EDT
Do you smoke weed? Everyone that I know that plays disc golf is a stoner. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:27:53 PM EDT
You can get an aluminum pie pan pretty cheap at your local grocery store.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:28:40 PM EDT
Disk Golf? [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:48:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bung: Do you smoke weed? Everyone that I know that plays disc golf is a stoner. [:)]
View Quote
No. I haven't played in years, but I thought I'd take my nephews. I like the fact that other than paying for the discs (about $8-10) you don't have to shell out any additional money. Unless you lose a disc in the woods. Plus it's a fun game.It's not like regular golf where there's a learning curve before you can play halfway decent.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:48:49 PM EDT
Go to http://www.wrightlife.com/ They are very helpful, low-priced, and they will answer questions! Get a fair assortment of guts, Ultimate, Freestyle and sport discs. A neutral driver is fun for long range play also. At $3.50 to $8 each you can get a handful.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
That is a fun game,and like bastiate said,its cool that its so cheap to play. And..........aaah.......yeah I discovered it when I was an amateur chemist.[:)]
Top Top