Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/31/2003 8:52:58 AM EDT
My girlfriend of 7+ years has really gotten the bug. She is really getting into guns! Oh, woe is me. A little history. She is originally from MA, and her whole family is liberal democraps. Until she met me, never handled, fired or even seen a gun outside of the hands of a LEO. After briefly dating, I instructed her on safe gun handling after I realized she was spending a few nights at my apartment. She wasn't interested but did realize the point of going through it, for safety's sake. So, I go about my typical business of going to the range with my brother and good friend for a while, but she never seemed interested. Finally, last year, she joins us at the range. We spent time at home going through safety and range etiquette and reviewing the manual of arms on the guns we would be shooting (my AR, Sig and HK USPc). Good to go. Suffice to say, she had a blast and was shooting pretty well. She joins us a few more times and gets some good instruction from my brother and putting good groups with the Sig, USPc and my USC at our recent outing at the indoor range. Shortly after that, she starts looking around the web for guns she likes. I get an email stating that "this gun is pretty, I want to get it." Of course, it is an HK P7M13 (one of my faves) and we start a change fund for "her" gun. By this fall, the change jar will have enough for "her" gun, but not a P7. Probably a USPc 9mm for her... So here we are, she can clean the bolt carrier of an AR with no problem, strip and clean my Sig without issue and loves to load magazines before a range outing! A keeper, right? Well, this weekend really took the cake. A few things this week were the coup de gras. My Wilson Combat catalog came in the mail on Thursday. I usually rip into any firearm related catalog, but was a bit too busy to spend quality time with it. When I finally sat down to leaf through it, I find a few pages dog-eared, as to mark the pages of interest. I know it wasn't me and none of my gun friends came over, so I asked what the story was... She had marked the following items: The Wilson CQB Compact, the CQB w/Tactical Light Rail and the KZ-45 Compact. I told her those were good choices and I was thinking the same thing. Her response, "Not for you, silly; for me." Oh no..... "The .45 makes bigger holes, right?". "Yes, dear, they sure do." Now, spending Friday night with here, watching a movie on cable. The movie doesn't matter - but the crux of it is, a BG is stalking a retired FBI agent and his family and the wife of the agent dispatches the BG with a shot to the head, ending the movie. Her points: 1. When running through the house, the FBI agent should have had a gun on him. Her question was, "Where's your gun, dumbass." 2. The only firearm in the house was hidden in the bedroom. Her observation was that you should have multiple guns, at different places in the home. A good idea, not only for a situation where you are being stalked by a crazed serial killer. 3. She cheered when the wife of the agent shoots the BG right square in the head. "No more center mass - I'm going for the head." 4. Counting rounds in a scripted firefight. "I though those guns carried six rounds, why did it click after he fired only five?" Yes, it could be worse to have an anti for an SO, but I am sure it will get much worse when she wants to attend pistol training and starts kicking my ass in IDPA. -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:54:52 AM EDT
Start saving for a ring.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:15:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MisterGreens: Start saving for a ring.
View Quote
No, it's worse than that. In lieu of a ring, she wants a car (another thing I introduced to her). She wants an old Mini Cooper as her engagement "Mini". -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:22:02 AM EDT
When my brother got married I gave him a Dillon reloader as a wedding gift. All of his friends thought I was the coolest Brother in the world. I know we gave his wife something too, what I do not recall. Now she works for the FBI and has a couple of guns of her own. Coincidence or caused by multiple exposure to firearms? You decide.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:25:31 AM EDT
great thing on the guns............. but a mini cooper? what kind of cars did you introduce her to? go let her hear an alky big block with straight headers [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:28:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: great thing on the guns............. but a mini cooper? what kind of cars did you introduce her to? go let her hear an alky big block with straight headers [:D]
View Quote
Yeah - a Mini. She joined me many times to the race track and saw plenty of race prepped Minis and thought they were the coolest. She is not a big fan of the new (BMW) Mini. -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:56:22 AM EDT
What the hell's the matter with you people? 6 replies and almost 90 views and I'm the first one to ask: [size=5]Post some pics!!![/size=5] -Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:01:03 AM EDT
Yeah, useless without pictures..
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:17:19 AM EDT
Sorry, kids - no pics of my g/f that are suitable for posting... She is kinda shy and I am a horrible photographer. I have more pics of my guns than my g/f. Maybe next time at the range, I can snap a few of her for y'all's entertainment. -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:23:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 10:26:30 AM EDT by Lumpy196]
She's using you for you money...it'll only get worse. Wont tell you how long it took to get back the car I bought my ex-fiance.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:33:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: She's using you for you money...it'll only get worse.
View Quote
Well, I do make considerably more than she does. However, we met when I was a broke-dick, recently separated GI, on unemployment. So, I doubt it's my amassed wealth (LOL) that she's after. Must be my winning personality or she feels sorry for me.
Wont tell you how long it took to get back the car I bought my ex-fiance.
View Quote
If that does happen to me, I have a truck and trailer that is primed for a repo mission... And a pre-nup. -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:41:53 AM EDT
Ever consider introducing her left wing liberal democrap family to your gun-collection, and the shooting range? Perhaps you can convert a few more people :)
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:43:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 10:46:29 AM EDT by Airwolf]
I wasn’t into guns at all. My dad was an Okie and I shot .22’s as very young kid. He got rid of all the guns (4 of them in the 70’s). Never touched one again until last year. My GF had shot a .357mag and a semi-auto before we met and during the “getting to know you” conversations, guns were mentioned. I told her that it would be nice to go out and do some shooting someday and we left it at that. Then came 9/11 and the real, in your face wakeup call that personal defense begins with you. We spent nearly a year surfing sites and Googling for info on firearms and ownership. That was a HUGE slap in the face. My first real look at the Truth vs. what everyone believes or tells you. Now 10 months later, 12 handguns, 7 rifles and a shotgun between us…. The other day we’re talking about her most recent purchase (a Savage 10FP-LE2) and she just started laughing saying she can’t believe how out of control this all got in 10 months. She comes home from the gunshop having paid off her BHP that was on layaway and starts gushing about the CZ P-01 and how wonderful it is. I just had to laugh. Time to get a bigger safe. She needs a shotgun of her own next and then we need to get a few wheelguns, oh and I’m developing an itch for a muzzleloader and a coach gun and…. Happiness in a relationship is when you can support each others interests, true bliss is when those interests and desires overlap. You’re not just a “couple” you become a partners in the best sense of the word.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:46:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By racer934:
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: She's using you for you money...it'll only get worse.
View Quote
Well, I do make considerably more than she does. However, we met when I was a broke-dick, recently separated GI, on unemployment. So, I doubt it's my amassed wealth (LOL) that she's after. Must be my winning personality or she feels sorry for me.
Wont tell you how long it took to get back the car I bought my ex-fiance.
View Quote
If that does happen to me, I have a truck and trailer that is primed for a repo mission... And a pre-nup. -934
View Quote
Dont let my bitter sarchastic side affect any decisions you make [;)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:51:27 AM EDT
That's OK. As long as she likes guns, a "great personality" is all that is required! [;D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:07:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Dont let my bitter sarchastic side affect any decisions you make [;)]
View Quote
Nah. No one affects my decisions. I'm stubborn like that. Sarcasm is good!
Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate: That's OK. As long as she likes guns, a "great personality" is all that is required!
View Quote
She has more than "personality" - I'm the one with nothing more than "personality". She's much better looking than me! [:D] -934
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:36:42 PM EDT
Top Top