Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/30/2003 10:29:50 PM EDT
The one's who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff ) Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth ! So here is a hole new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away ! [moon]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2003 10:55:51 PM EDT by Juggernaut]
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: This just for the perfect people out there! You know who you are ! The one's who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff ) Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth ! So here is a hole new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away ! [moon]
View Quote
This [red]is[/red] just for the perfect people out there! You know who you are! The [red]ones[/red] who are perfect spellers [red]and/or[/red] never need a spell checker![red][fragment][/red] Who like going on [red]people's[/red] posts and [red]changing[/red] things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are[red],[/red] because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade.[red][fragment][/red] And then there are the people who like to go on your posts[red],[/red] and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one [red]lied[/red] to you and took your money[red],[/red] knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first.[red][don't start a sentence with a conjunction][/red] I guess honor and truth [red]mean[/red] nothing to you. What was one of the sayings?[red][clumsy phrasing][/red] [red]Oh yeah,[/red] [red]Don't sweat the small stuff [no need for parentheses][/red] Well[red],[/red] I thought you would miss me.[red][not particularly][/red] Not being able to kick my [red]dumb[/red] redneck a** around.[red][fragment][/red] Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth![red][fragment][/red] So here is a [red]whole[red] new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away! J.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2003 11:11:43 PM EDT by Terrato]
Originally Posted By Juggernaut: This [red]is[/red] just for the perfect people out there! You know who you are! The [red]ones[/red] who are perfect spellers [red]and/or[/red] never need a spell checker![red][fragment][/red] Who like going on [red]people's[/red] posts and [red]changing[/red] things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are[red],[/red] because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade.[red][fragment][/red] And then there are the people who like to go on your posts[red],[/red] and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one [red]lied[/red] to you and took your money[red],[/red] knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first.[red][don't start a sentence with a conjunction][/red] I guess honor and truth [red]mean[/red] nothing to you. What was one of the sayings?[red][clumsy phrasing][/red] [red]Oh yeah,[/red] [red]Don't sweat the small stuff [no need for parentheses][/red] Well[red],[/red] I thought you would miss me.[red][not particularly][/red] Not being able to kick my [red]dumb[/red] redneck a** around.[red][fragment][/red] Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth![red][fragment][/red] So here is a [red]whole[red] new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away! J.
View Quote
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:14:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: The one's who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff ) Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth ! So here is a hole new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away ! [moon]
View Quote
I mess up, just so these people will get their thrill out of life.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:58:55 PM EDT
I don't know either why some people get their panties in a wad. Personally, I enjoyed reading the hole post. And I'm sorry I missed you too. If I hadn't we probably wouldn't be wasting our time on this now NMSight
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:59:00 PM EDT
Hey, I figure this is a damn discussion board not a thesis for college. If people take your grammar and spelling that seriously they are the ones who have severe issues. i no i gots a edmumication! <~Done on purpose [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:32:06 AM EDT
Some of these people started at a young age correcting their mothers and making them self feel smart. As they grew up they got smarter but their mentality didn't grow with it. So you have what is called a smart A** . But that's ok so long as they remember that they had to stand on my back to get there !
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:41:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By brasspile: [url]www.mountaintop.org/ar/ibtl-banana.gif[/url]
View Quote
Why do you think this thread would be locked??
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:03:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:54:57 AM EDT
If your writing is full of spelling errors, it makes you and your argument look weaker. Sorry, that's just the way the world works. Modern technology gives us things like spell checkers - use them!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 5:59:54 AM EDT by greenmountainpatriot]
Cool avatar but you're way too sensitive, man. Why perpetuate this by posting another long rant welcoming a kick? Nobody cares if you make a typo here and there as long as you offer up something constructive. I'm willing to bet the first person mentioning "spell check" was probably trying to be helpful. I'm not trying to be a prick, Black Lion...just offering up an opinion....Best of Luck.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:02:22 AM EDT
I bet you are the guy who gets really pissed because Keebler cookies aren't [i]really[/i] made by those little elves.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:18:28 AM EDT
Cool avatar, but shouldn't your name be "Black-Griffins"?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:20:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: The one's who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff ) Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth ! So here is a hole new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away ! [moon]
View Quote
Point?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:24:51 AM EDT
[b]greenmountainpatriot[/b] hit the nail on the head. [b]Black-Lions[/b], if a couple of people here picked on your spelling, and that's been the worst thing that has happened to you this week, you need to get over it. If this is going to be one of those "...and I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of posts, let us know. I'll go make some popcorn. Get over it!!! BTW, this is the internet. None of us really exist, anyway. We're simply scripts created by Imbroglio to give you the illusion that you're interacting with real people.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:27:40 AM EDT
The purpose of posting is to communicate ideas and information. It doesn't matter to me if you scratch it in the dirt or on a grocery sack as long as I understand what your trying to tell me. Let the english teachers have their sport at our expense, I can take it. The meanest thing that I can do to them is to just let them be themselves. That is revenge enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:34:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 3:59:13 PM EDT by cmjohnson]
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: The one's
View Quote
[blue] Improper use of an apostrophe. "Ones" would be appropriate in this context.[/blue]
who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples
View Quote
[blue]Again, improper use of an apostrophe. In this case, an apostrophe is required as the word "people" is being used in the possessive tense, therefore it should be "peoples'" [/blue]
posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then
View Quote
[blue] A sentence is never begun with a preposition or a conjunction.. "and" is a conjunction. (Amended to deal with my own goof!) [/blue]
there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff )
View Quote
[blue] Parentheses not required here. Quotations would have been sufficient. [/blue]
Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb
View Quote
[blue] Do not capitalize a word unless it is a proper name or begins a sentence. [/blue]
redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth !
View Quote
[blue] This was a sentence fragment. All thoughts should be expressed as complete sentences.[/blue]
So here is a hole
View Quote
[blue]Perhaps you mean "whole" in this sentence. [/blue]
new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away ! [moon]
View Quote
All in good fun. Relax, have a beer, turn on the tube, whatever. CJ
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:38:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:45:16 AM EDT
Just ignore the attention whore and it will go away.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 10:09:44 AM EDT by BigT]
View Quote
[blue] A sentence is never begun with a preposition. "and" is a preposition. [/blue]
Since when is [blue]and[/blue] a preposition? I thought it was a conjunction. Edited to add: I just noticed you violated your own rule.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:55:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:17:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BigT:
View Quote
[blue] A sentence is never begun with a preposition. "and" is a preposition. [/blue]
Since when is [blue]and[/blue] a preposition? I thought it was a conjunction. Edited to add: I just noticed you violated your own rule.
View Quote
[url]http://www.uottawa.ca/academic/arts/writcent/hypergrammar/conjunct.html[/url] You are correct. I think I see a gold star in your future. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:50:59 AM EDT
(Ralph Wiggum) "Me fail English? That's unpossible!" (Ralph Wiggum) Me and Ralph are about eye to eye in the English department. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:37:38 AM EDT
I don't have a problem with a typo or a simple spelling mistake here and there. However, it is a problem when the spelling and punctuation is so bad that I have to read a post several times in order to understand what a person is trying to say. Juggernaut: You neglected to highlight in red the word "hole" in the next to last sentence. Sentences may begin with prepositions but not with the conjuction 'and' which is used to link.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:45:46 AM EDT
Jug, that was the funniest godamn thing I've seen all week!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:45:58 AM EDT
I feel a Top 10 whining list coming on..... Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:06:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: This just for the perfect people out there! You know who you are ! The one's who are perfect spellers and or never need a spell checker! Who like going on peoples posts and change things so they can climb on your back and tell you how stupid you are because your spelling does not meet the perfect grade. And then there are the people who like to go on your posts and tell you how stupid you are to be mad that some one lies to you and took your money knowing damn well it would not be the way they said from the first. I guess honor and truth means nothing to you . What was one of the sayings ? O yea (Don't sweat the small stuff ) Well I thought you would miss me. Not being able to kick my Dumb redneck a** around. Not being able to walk on my ideas of honor and truth ! So here is a hole new post for you to do it. Kick and walk away !
View Quote
You may also like to try a more formal approach. I have attempted to translate your post: A dispatch directed to all that are without error: To all whom do not need the services of a spell check. For those who gain pleasure from pointing out the gross errors in other member's posts then mocking them for their lack of skill. To those who claim a man is an imbecile for illustrating how a company swindled an individual. It is obvious that concepts such as honor and truth are merely words to be mock with cliches. I see my absence is not grieved. You were denied the forum to abuse my rural sensibilities and mock my sense of honor and truth. In this spirit I present to you; a new forum for your condemnation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:14:13 PM EDT
So once again, rather than admit and try to learn from your mistakes, you cry because others pick on you. What is this world coming to? Does anyone have a link to what set off this particular whining thread?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:17:30 PM EDT
Your link [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188844[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:55:33 PM EDT
QCMGR Thanks that sounds good with I could wright like that !
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:03:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: QCMGR Thanks that sounds good with I could wright like that !
View Quote
I always like to think at the end of the day it is not how you write but how well you can shoot. Take it all in stride, we are all friends here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 2:31:00 PM EDT by GreyGhost]
u need too quitt wholdin thiss innsides n git it offf yur chest.wholdin itt insid iss eatin u upp!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:35:07 PM EDT
Frankly, a few typos or bad grammar don't bother me too much here. As long as I'm able to understand the basic ideas the author is trying to provide, I'm satisfied. I would agree with the person who posted this same sentiment earlier in the thread. I do notice them readily, though, because I used to be a proofreader. I'm sure I make a few here and there (we all know you can't proof your own work). What really bothers me is at work, where prospective machinists must pass a spelling test in order to be employed, but management does not have to spell anything correctly, in spite of the availability of spell checking in Word. The ridicule we visit upon them is well-deserved.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:41:08 PM EDT
OK, now that I have a frame of reference.... The original post in the provided link is almost incomprehensible. Typos and misspellings are one thing, being incapable of basic written communication is another. Your original post falls into the latter. You can be Einstein inside, but if you're beetlejuice (from the Howard Stern Show) on the outside it doesn't matter. Also, since this is really just a continuation of your crying, if I wade through your horrible grammar correctly, it took 3 days (from what you say your time of order was) for you to get it instead of 2? You're right, those goddamn crooks! I guess I'll order my shitty AK and Makarov parts from someone else from now on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:08:55 PM EDT
Ouch. P'zoned by the ARFCOM crowd. Never underestimate the value of a proper education.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:09:32 PM EDT
[peep]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 4:29:48 PM EDT by TigerStripe]
Originally Posted By QCMGR: You may also like to try a more formal approach. To those who claim a man is an imbecile for illustrating how a company swindled an individual. It is obvious that concepts such as honor and truth are merely words to be [s][red]mock[/s][/red] mocked with cliches.
View Quote
I would almost relinquish my education, formal training, and experience for the prowess in the use of firearms which some here possess. TS
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:35:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
Originally Posted By QCMGR: You may also like to try a more formal approach. To those who claim a man is an imbecile for illustrating how a company swindled an individual. It is obvious that concepts such as honor and truth are merely words to be [s][red]mock[/s][/red] mocked with cliches.
View Quote
I would almost relinquish my education, formal training, and experience for the prowess in the use of firearms which some here possess. TS
View Quote
I hear you brother! I feel that way when I go to Camp Perry and watch the Presidents 100!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:47:20 PM EDT
I would love to see them guys shoot! When I was 13 my father left us with nothing but a 12 gage wing master pump and my mothers 22 Remington bolt gun. It was old but a true shooter. Well, the money ran out and the electric was turned of but we had a gas stove so she could still cook. I use to go hunting about twice a week to get what I could to feed Mom and my little sister who was 8. This stayed like this till my 10th year of school and I dropped out to go into the Army so I could help out my Mom and sis. When I went into AIT in Benning the first time out I shot a 94 and they told me I didn't have to shoot any more which made me mad cause I liked shooting the M16. And incase some of you was wondering I did get a GED when I turned 34. Its not much but I didn't give up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:08:45 PM EDT
if you rite too good, the feds will think you're serious and sic their dogs on you
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:21:13 AM EDT
I cant help my poor grammer and spelling I went to school in California. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:45:41 AM EDT
I thought I was bad till I heard them Vally Girles talk ! Trying to figure out what they are saying will drive you nutts ! Heck I probly couldent get layed in Ca.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:02:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:31:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brasspile:
Originally Posted By Black-Lions: I thought I was bad till I heard them Vally Girles talk ! Trying to figure out what they are saying will drive you nutts ! Heck I probly couldent get layed in Ca.
View Quote
I tried to ignore this for 10 hours... BTT.. I thought it was bad [red]until[/red] I heard [red]those[/red] [red]Valley[/red] [red]Girls[/red] talk! Trying to figure out what they are saying will drive you [red]nuts[/red]! Heck[red]?[/red], I [red]probably[/red] [red]couldn't[/red] get [red]laid[/red] in [red]CA[/red].
View Quote
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:41:23 AM EDT
Aint it funny how some people can't take it ! OOOOPS there aint such a word as aint ! O yea I'm in the south thats proper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:05:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:05:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 8:06:34 AM EDT by snail50]
I guess I'm one of those "perfectionists," and although I'll spend a lot of time getting an email or fax just so, or "suggest" to a co-worker that he re-write some piece of correspondence that looks unprofessional or downright illiterate, I'm not going to waste my time criticizing or correcting someone's post on an internet forum. If you are comfortable with posting a badly-written message on a public forum, then it's your deal, but don't cry/whine/snivel like a li'l bitch when people gripe that it's difficult or annoying to read your post. If you want to read some really aggravating posts, go to one of the import car enthusiasts forums. There you'll find things written in "thug-speak," aka "dumbshit poser-ass doomed to-remain-the-shallow-end-of-the-gene-pool lingo." Example for your reading pleasure: "Yo, what up dogg? Yo, I waz rollin wit my ho's (9 of 'em, all supermodel-class beyotches) dis weekend in da Civic, jus' chillin' yaknowhatmsayin, an i pulled up to dis stoplite, yo, and sittin' next to me wuz dis phat ride, yo, like a lexus, yo, on like dubs, yo, an' i looked over an'dis chump sucka was scopin' mah beyotches, and I can't be havin' dat, yo, so i gives him da "WTF" sign and he gives me da "u want sum?" sign,so i gives him da "don't make me get whutz in my trunk" sign and he gives me da "you best get to steppin, yo, else i get out dis car and phuck youz up" sign, and I wuz abouts to get outta my ride (and I be 6' 8" and 350 lbs, and I gots 6 black belts in Mah-Jongg, yo), but then da light turnz green and we both got on it and da tirez wuz spinnin and da smoke wuz rollin and da ho's wuz screamin and and punk-ass in da lexus wuz right at my door but then all four of my turbos (one for each cylinder, yo) spooled up and then I hit the NOSSSSS and that punk-ass sucka just disappeared...musta put 70 car lengths on him in less than a block, yo. I guess it wuz overkill, but suckas gotta be respectin' me, yo, and I bet that next time dat sucka be seein' the old Honda "H" he gonna be cringin' wit fear and shizzle. yo. "Lo, my contempt for punk-asses knows no bounds," sayeth the Snail.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:40:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By meltdown:
Originally Posted By 455SD: Keebler cookies aren't [i]really[/i] made by those little elves.
View Quote
WHAT ??!! Can you prove this ?!
View Quote
Yea I know this is the only post that botherd me through this hole thing ! So I called and they said it's true ! So there !
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:53:27 PM EDT
I'm sorry I had to break the news. You probably don't even want to talk about Lucky Charms and the Trix rabbit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 8:18:31 PM EDT by TigerStripe]
Originally Posted By Black-Lions:
Originally Posted By meltdown:
Originally Posted By 455SD: Keebler cookies aren't [i]really[/i] made by those little elves.
View Quote
WHAT ??!! Can you prove this ?!
View Quote
[red]Yeah[/red], I know this is the only post that [red]bothered[/red] me through this[red] whole[/red] thing ! So I called and they said it's true ! So there !
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:05:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 455SD: I'm sorry I had to break the news. You probably don't even want to talk about Lucky Charms and the Trix rabbit.
View Quote
Dont go there ! I have been looking for Lucky for years and I feel for the Rabbit ! Who says tricks are just for kids. I've been trying to sneak a box out the store with out them seeing me but they keep taking them back ! All the guy says is you'll pay some day !
Top Top