Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 3:17:44 PM EDT
[url]http://kcbsimg.dayport.com/htm/cbs2player.htm?Art_ID=358[/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey my friend lives in Glendale.  Sniper alley????

- High powered rifle
- Semiautomatic pistol
- Seven other weapons
- OMG!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey TJ, you better get rid of that security hat avatar before the "man" questions you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, am I missing something?

Over 200 rounds fired and no injuries?

How do they use the term "sniper" with a straight face?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it typical sniper doctrine to open up with rapid bursts and expending over two hundred rounds ? I'm curious as to what kind of "high powered rifle" he was using. Since they didn't say I'm sure they don't know. All they know is that it was "high Powered". sounds scary.Let's air it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to whip out the tinfoil hats or anything, but the LA Times is now reporting that this was an unspecified "assault rifle" and 6 other guns.

Look at this slideshow from a local TV station:  [url]http://html.nbc4.tv/sh/slideshow/_auto/sh22998s1.html[/url]

You'll rage at one of the slides, which shows nothing else other than an NRA Life Member sticker this shooter had on his pickup.

But after you rage a little bit at that sticker, take a second look at it.  Its BRAND new.  As if it were just applied.

Again, I'm no conspiracy buff, but isn't this CONVENIENT for the gun grabbers?  200 shots? And not a single injury?  With an "Assault Rifle?"  Its almost like he was aiming NOT to hit.  What's going on here?

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to whip out the tinfoil hats or anything, but the LA Times is now reporting that this was an unspecified "assault rifle" and 6 other guns.

Look at this slideshow from a local TV station:  [url]http://html.nbc4.tv/sh/slideshow/_auto/sh22998s1.html[/url]

You'll rage at one of the slides, which shows nothing else other than an NRA Life Member sticker this shooter had on his pickup.

But after you rage a little bit at that sticker, take a second look at it.  Its BRAND new.  As if it were just applied.

Again, I'm no conspiracy buff, but isn't this CONVENIENT for the gun grabbers?  200 shots? And not a single injury?  With an "Assault Rifle?"  Its almost like he was aiming NOT to hit.  What's going on here?

View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12889[/img]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, am I missing something?

Over 200 rounds fired and no injuries?
View Quote

Sounds like an episode of The A-Team, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched the video...looks like the bulk of the shots were fired inside and impacted inside...no? Looking at all the holes in the wall I thought the cops opened up but that doesn't seem to be the case. Did I miss something?

Funny how "Sniper-style" now means expending 200+ rounds w/ no hits. Morons....
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
It is obviously the apartment managers fault. He knew that the man was "more than angry" yet did nothing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
"Oh....Tear gas! Tear gas!"

LOL

Sounds like everything turned out about as well as can be expected. He didn't manage to actually hurt anyone, LE showed up quickly and evacuated the complex, at considerable risk to their safety, and then brought the situation to end, one way or another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top