Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 5:32:48 AM EDT
[url]http://www.kyw1060.com/news_story_detail.cfm?newsitemid=29756[/url]

An Arabic-language magazine quotes a senior member of Al Qaida as raising the possibility that the group might poison US water supplies.
The Saudi-owned "Al-Majalla" weekly also reports in its latest edition that Al Qaida militants are in the ranks of Saddam Hussein loyalists who are attacking US-led forces in Iraq.

The reports are based on e-mail correspondence that Al-Majalla conducted with Abu Mohammed al-Ablaj, whom the magazine identified as a senior member of Al Qaida.

"It is something that would have to be viewed seriously," said a US counterterrorism official in Washington, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The London-based Al-Majalla began receiving al-Ablaj's e-mails earlier this month, and a US counterterrorism official said previously that al-Ablaj was believed to be an Al Qaida operative.

In the earlier exchange with the magazine, al-Ablaj said Al Qaida was going to carry out major attacks in Saudi Arabia. Al-Majalla published the warning on May 11th -- a day before homicide bombers detonated explosives at three housing complexes in Riyadh, killing 25 people.

In the latest exchange of e-mails, al-Ablaj was quoted by the magazine as saying that Al Qaida did not rule out "the use of Sarin gas and the poisoning of drinking water in American and Western cities." He was quoted as saying Al Qaida "will present the Americans with their capabilities."

Sarin gas, a nerve agent, was used in a 1995 attack that killed 12 people on Tokyo's subways.

Even if terrorists managed to introduce Sarin into water supplies, dilution, purification systems and natural breakdown of the agent in the environment would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to deliver a lethal dose through a metropolitan water supply system.

Al-Ablaj also was quoted by the magazine as threatening to launch "smashing strikes against Israelis abroad."

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Water used as a weapon???

BUY PREBAN WATER. $100 a quart!
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12873[/img]

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Muslims drink water too.   [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Another reason to drink beer. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Another reason to have stored away an adequate supply.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The 30 or so tankers of poison they would need would be kinda obvious I think.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Easier said than done.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]
It need not be a massive attack, just a few water supplies in rural areas.  Enough to start a panic.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Most rural area I know have thier own wells. May be able to poison a family here or there, and it would still be kinda obvious dragging a 50 gallon drum of poison through the yard,
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#9]
People in rural areas have there own wells, it's the cities where people will become hysterical and start stealing, burning and destroying everything in sight.

The predictable images of thousands of Democrats doing what comes naturally to them in those types of situations would be 100 times more effective than if they chose Podunk Junction population 999 to carry out their terrorist plot.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#10]
AWRIGHT!!!.....THAT'S IT!!!

Dear Mr. al-Ablaj,

In response to your threat, special operatives have commandeered the feline populace of every animal shelter in the free world. They are staged for transport, and will be airlifted to select drop zones within the Al-Qaida footprint. The abundance of available kitty litter in your geographical region should implicate the intended impact of such an operation. Withdraw your threat, or trade your sandals for hip boots.

Sincerely,

U. Rindashitnow
Dir. Ops
N.S.A
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Gee, funny how poisoning wells is one of the BIGGEST sins in Islam seeing as it is a religion founded in the desert. Wahabism: We can lie more than Communists any day!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]

I predicted that was their means to strike next- water is unfortunately one of the many ways we as a country are vulnerable.......

We gotta take these guys out before they have a chance to do something like this!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I predicted that was their means to strike next- water is unfortunately one of the many ways we as a country are vulnerable.......

We gotta take these guys out before they have a chance to do something like this!!!
View Quote

In fact, it would be a very hard thing to pull off.  To actually have a chance to make a lot of people sick would take a shitload of poison, which would attract too much notice.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#14]
the shit will hit the fan for any arab if they even piss us off one more time people will be fed up with this stupid jihad shit and find different solutions.

anyways I can make water.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought we already did that ourselves...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, fluoride in the water supply is good for you, the .gov says so.  Nevermind that the dentist tells you not swallow any of it when you're getting flouride treatments & it strips the protective oxidized layer off of lead pipes....
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#17]

My well head is less than 12' from where I am sitting right now. I hope they have armor plated foreheads. (not)
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No, fluoride in the water supply is good for you, the .gov says so.  Nevermind that the dentist tells you not swallow any of it when you're getting flouride treatments & it strips the protective oxidized layer off of lead pipes....
View Quote

Oh Christ, a flouride-in-the-water nutcase.  I thought they all died off in the 70s...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Oh Christ, a flouride-in-the-water nutcase.  I thought they all died off in the 70s...
View Quote

They're back, but with a twist.  These days they're liberal environmentalist types.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I say...

"Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure..."

After that's done, we can put up a White Castle and a Chevron station.

Problem solved. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Poisons are a bad way to go.  

There are other chemicals that can be obtained which might be better for their purposes.

My father was a Civil Engineer.  When we moved to California, I asked him about the state aqueduct...how safe it was that it was right out in the open.  He kind of laughed and said that it would take a few days worth of trucks to make a difference.  

Disrupting the water supply might be easier for them than poisoning.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

They're back, but with a twist.  These days they're liberal environmentalist types.
View Quote

And what of the poor bastards such as myself? I have a severe allergy to fluoride, I am not disliking it in the water supply for environmental reason, but because it makes my life a living hell,

hmmm, maybe I should sue for discrimination, give me more money to buy guns with [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

After that's done, we can put up a White Castle and a Chevron station.
View Quote

I hate White Castle.  Could you make that a Burger King?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#25]
If they were going to do it they would do it.  They wouldn't tip their hand and put us on the lookout.  It would be a sneak attack.  If they weren't going to do it they would threaten to do it to CAUSE TERROR by the threat.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Of course, all reasonable men know that Flouridization is a Communist plot to poison our precious bodily fluids.

Purity Of Essence
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]
The Revelation Chp 8 Vs 10-11
10  ¶ And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, Is. 14.12 burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11  and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#28]
The Neutral Observer might be missing something here, but don't most nerve agents decompose when contacted with water?

The Neutral Observer thinks that these are the same guys who tried to poison a water system in Italy using a cyanide salt that was insoluable in water.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Neutral Observer might be missing something here, but don't most nerve agents decompose when contacted with water?

The Neutral Observer thinks that these are the same guys who tried to poison a water system in Italy using a cyanide salt that was insoluable in water.
View Quote

It doesn't have to actually work...the way the news media blows everything out of proportion just the terrorists attempting to do something like this will send the sheeple into a stampede.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Revelation Chp 8 Vs 10-11
10  ¶ And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, Is. 14.12 burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11  and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

View Quote

So are you saying that God is working for al Quaeda and poisoning the water himself or are you saying that God will change the laws of physics to make it easier for al Quaeda to poison our water supplies?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#31]
    I work at a water purification plant for a major city in Texas.  We're the largest such facility in the state and one of the largest in the world.  Right now we're processing close 400 million gallons a day, half the plant is shut down for modernization.  The amount of toxins required to poison the system would be enormous.  They could make attempts to deny the use of the reservoirs, but that would be extremely difficult at best.  

There are ways to do actual damage and truly endanger a portion of the population, I will absolutely not go into any more detail on this.  But, any attempt to do this would appear suspicious to anyone that saw it.  The results would also be very localized.

Fluoridation of the water is done by adding hydroflurosilic acid to the water.  The real danger is adding too much.  Often the water is not fluoridated, several regulating agencies also mandate specific Ph levels, easiest way to comply is to turn off the acid.

mm
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#32]
BULLSHIT  !!!!!!

Sante Fe railroad doesn't have enough boxcars to haul the stuff to accomplish the mission !!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top