Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 7:14:34 PM EDT
Last Sat. night after I left for Yellowstone for the weekend, a couple of my former students decided to give me a nice present before the summer.  They tossed a couple of 3-5pound rocks through two of my house windows.  

You can't imagine how much glass there is when that happens.  We came home Mon. night to find a real mess.  One rock actually hit my 8yr olds bed.  I am so pissed I had to wait this long to post about it.  The total damage repair cost is about 1800.00.  We had to have all the upholstery and carpets cleaned because of the glass dust that was everywhere.  My sons were crying and didn't want to go to bed.  My wife and I were very upset and even a little scared.  

I've had students toilet paper my house and some other pain in the but things, but this was the first truly angry, dangerously destructive, act.  I know who did it, I haven't pissed off that many students this year, but I can't prove it, yet.  Many of my students want to do a little recon by force on their own against these turds, but I told them it wouldn't help.  Even they know who did it.  Today the police seemed to get closer to proving who did it.  I even saw one of them in the halls today, but he looked the other way when I stared at him.  It is all I can do to not grab him and throttle the living ....well you get the picture.  I don't mind the pizzas at 11:00pm or the toilet paper, but mess with the safety of my boys, and there's a problem!

I'm still a little scared they might come back again.  These kids are transplants from the cities. My homeland defense shotgun is very close at all times now.  My CCW is never forgotten.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Claymore the yard........
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know who did it, but I can't prove it, yet.  
View Quote

Only the law requires proof.  Lock and Load...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
put a sign in front.  

[b]VANDALS CAUGHT ON THE PREMISES WILL BE SHOT DEAD.[/B]

make the little fucks confess. pressure the shit out of them but be subtle.  send the bill for everything to the little motherfuckers' parents.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
[i]"That's why teachers make the Big Bucks![/i]"

Sorry bud.  At least the family wasn't home, and nobody got hurt - this time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe these "students" are actually members of the eco-terrorist group Earth Liberation Front and don't like that some poor innocent tree had to die for you to have a house. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[i]"That's why teachers make the Big Bucks![/i]"

Sorry bud.  At least the family wasn't home, and nobody got hurt - this time.
View Quote

Yup, that is what my wife and I thought. My son could have been killed.   They could have gotten in and trashed the place too.  No storms, not too many bugs.  Could have been much worse.  My wife was also glad I wasn't home.  She is afraid I would be in prison right now.  The officer said that if I had been home, at least I would have gotten the car.  I told him "at least!".  In my mind, I'm defending the safety of my family...period!  

I did get a raise for next year....and got my advancement on the scale for my work towards my master's.  Guess I know what I can spend it on now.  State Farm was pretty decent.  They sent a check today for all but the deductable of 500.  They even paid me for the hours that my wife and I spent cleaning up Monday night and even to put stuff back tomarrow.  I love moving funiture....not.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe these "students" are actually members of the eco-terrorist group Earth Liberation Front and don't like that some poor innocent tree had to die for you to have a house. [:D]
View Quote

Guess they missed the 14 frickin full grown trees! And, the lilacs that ring the back yard.  And, the rassberry bushes in back....Come to my house around Nov.  I'll serve anyone a beer who helps me rake!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Fire with fire.

Terrorize the little shitheads.
Kids today act the way they do because they believe they enjoy impunity  from adult retaliation. And to be honest, they sort of do. Everyone is too afraid of getting "sued", and not willing to lie on the stand about what happened.

Catch them alone and tell tem you have something planned for them, and it doesn’t involve school, or the law.
Scare the piss out of them, and deny it if they cry to your higher ups.
Show the little assholes you are crazier than they are, and they will line up real quick.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of the movie "Throw Momma from the Train".  Chris cross.  Chris Cross.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Liberal solution:

We should start a national "Assault Rock" registry, all rocks that are unsuitable for sporting purposes have to have their ballistic data and unique serial number registered with the federal government.

But seriously there isnt anything you can do, the cops arent gonna help ya and if someone gets shot on your property your screwed (I dunno 'bout Wyoming but thats how it is here).

I dont like to be the naysayer but as much as we would all like to blow away the little fuckers there really isnt a practical solution. accountability in the modern age and all.

Hell you shouldve been around here on prom night. Some ahole shot out the windows in my truck with a BB gun. They did it to 6 other cars along my street too. Nothing anyone can do though except complain and that isnt gonna solve anything.

If your serious though the claymores do sound like a good idea...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]
You need a dog I prefer Amstaffs or American Bull terriers from a rep. breeder.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Claymore the yard........
View Quote
Naw, man; that creates too much of a risk of injuring bystanders. Toepoppers...

If properly placed, you get a burglar alarm/eradication system, all in one!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
It woould be a shame if they had regular targeted surprise locker inspections.

Even worse if some K-9 alerted on their lockers.

Of course it's unlikely that anyone like these twerps would have any contraband....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These kids are transplants from the cities.
View Quote

are they black?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#15]
It was the war protestor fuck.  Bank on it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#16]
take the actual rocks used to skool, seperatly ask each kid if they belong to them? if they say NO, say "the cops fingerprinted the rocks and say they do belong to you". then play one against the other, ....hey bob, bill told me it was your idea...  and vice versa.

why hasnt the principal called these guys in and questioned them about it ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#17]
That's one of the reasons I do special ed.  My kids kick, hit, and bite me, but I'm pretty sure they are not going after my house or are going to shoot me.  I know a lot of teachers who have had their tires slashed and cars keyed while at school, and have received death threats.

Hope they find a way to prove that the little shits did it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#18]
take the actual rocks used to skool, seperatly ask each kid if they belong to them? if they say NO, say "the cops fingerprinted the rocks and say they do belong to you". then play one against the other
View Quote
This is really not a bad idea. They're probably stupid enough to fall for it. Voice record everything said.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I can't stand people with no respect for other peopels property.  The kids that did tha tshit are lucky, can you imagine under the worst case scenario.. one of them could be on trial for murder right now... idiots

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fire with fire.

Terrorize the little shitheads.
Kids today act the way they do because they believe they enjoy impunity  from adult retaliation. And to be honest, they sort of do. Everyone is too afraid of getting "sued", and not willing to lie on the stand about what happened.

Catch them alone and tell tem you have something planned for them, and it doesn’t involve school, or the law.
Scare the piss out of them, and deny it if they cry to your higher ups.
Show the little assholes you are crazier than they are, and they will line up real quick.
View Quote

uh, this man is a teacher, a position of responsibility and professionalism, he needs to be an adult and not some psycho path throwing away his career.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#22]
That is what happens when you are a teacher like Mr. Hand.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#23]
and Spicoli chimes in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I think I know why they are so pissed at you.

You expected them to learn didn't you?  It's the new millennium,  learning isn't the new trend.  Just ask any democrat.  Just pass em,  it won't effect their future any.

All kidding aside,  I would try the "using them against each other" ploy.  Lord knows it worked when I was younger.  I also remember that if I even told a teacher no or backtalked a teacher,  I knew better than to come home.  My dad would have made sure that I never forgotten the error of my ways.  Teachers need to band together and take our schools back.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:50:03 AM EDT
[#25]
It was Kenny and Cartman wasn't it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
These kids are transplants from the cities.
View Quote

are they black?
View Quote

I was about to ask what that has to do with anything.....Then I saw your name...hmmmmm

What part of Pennsyl-tucky are you from?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#27]
It would be a shame if those same rocks ended up thru their car (if they have 'em) windshield(s), or their bedroom windows...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've had students toilet paper my house and some other pain in the but things, but this was the first truly angry, dangerously destructive, act. This sucks.
View Quote

You're lucky that was all they did. My friend's family, his dad is a long time teacher at the HS we went to, was fire-bombed...When they were at home! Thanks God the FD is only 3 blocks from their house, or they would've lost the whole thing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#29]
If friendly students have positively identified the thugs who did this, then I have a simple, yet effective, possible action:

Send the repair bill to the kids' parents.  You will likely get nothing but crap from their parents, but it puts the kids and the parents on notice that [i]you[/i] know who they are and what they did.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If friendly students have positively identified the thugs who did this, then I have a simple, yet effective, possible action:

Send the repair bill to the kids' parents.  You will likely get nothing but crap from their parents, but it puts the kids and the parents on notice that [i]you[/i] know who they are and what they did.
View Quote

Please for your livelyhoods sake act wisely.
The only real possible solution here is to unfortunately wait for the police to finish doing what they are doing for you, if anything, and then hit 'em where it really hurts, in the pocket!
Good luck, and yes I would have liked to throttle their little asses too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Many of my students want to do a little recon by force on their own against these turds, but I told them it wouldn't help.  Even they know who did it.  
View Quote

I realize you had to say that for the record.  But I sure hope they do it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#32]
go find the rednecks........................

a case of beer or a few cans of snuff in exchange for their help and them boys got an ass kicking coming

i'd have done it[:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#34]
The police are "working" on the problem right now.  They are doing what you guys have mentioned.  I'm holding my temper and letting them take care of it.

The pukes are white, not black, not that it matters one way or another, but "wanta bees"  They are self-described, "thugs".  

The school is letting the police handle the situation.  They are also suspected in vandalism to the HS the same night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top