Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Getting drilled in the hand by a 95 mile an hour fastball.  To this day I still hate Jeff Fassero
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting five ribs broke in a car accident.
Got broadsided by an F-250 while driving a Honda Accord. Totaled the car, almost totasled me.
And the day after prom too...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
At age 6 had my fingers caught between a tractor and a jack-knifed tariler. Ouch!!!

At 14 I fell off a roof and fractured my back, still feel that one to this day. [:(]

at 23, while in the navy I had a 500lb piece of Stainless Steel fall and roll onto my right
foot. Damm did I yell like a beeoch. [>Q]

At 26 I had the tip of my finger at the base of the finger nail ripped off, and sewed back on, it hurt for closed to a month and a half. [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Reading this thread. I'm wincing.

J.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Went face first thru a windshield after dislocating my hip on the heavy gauge steel dashboard. (Old pickup, no seat belts)
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had an really bad ingrown toe nail...actually growing out the top of my big toe. It was all swollen and [red]tasty[/red]...stubbed that sucker and it literally "exploded". Driving a needle-sharp nail from the inside out the top of your toe realllly freakin' hurts!
View Quote

The most pain I've endured was a kidney stone.  The second most painful experience was reading that [b]greenmountainpatriot[/b] freaking [b][i]tasted[/b][/i] his nasty, infected toe!  [puke]
View Quote

That's funny. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Got my Willy stuck in my zipper.

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Urethral reconstruction surgery with 17 stitches – to repair damage done from being catheterized numerous times during surgery as a child. (The worst pain in my life ever)

Compound Fracture of the femur-
During the surgery to repair my leg, the anesthesiologist made a mistake  and only paralyzed me, but did not put me completely under, felt most of the procedure and was unable to tell anyone. Apparently the same company had done the same thing to another patient. They  disappeared before we could begin any legal action.

Broken :
               Nose
               Fingers
               Right and left radius

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Getting a phone call from your brother:

"Dude, get over here to Mom & Dad's house, I think Dad just died !"

Made a 15 minute trip into a 5 minute trip, only to find paramedics trying to revive my Dad...

Dead at 64 of a heart attack 10/01/01...

Physical injury only pales in comparison to losing a parent.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
having morphine were off after massive foot surgery like screaming in agony wake the dead level of pain. They were taking me off the drip and switching to pills.

Nurse rushed in gave a shot of morphine and was out cold for the rest of the night and half of the next day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Most painfull first.

1. Age 26. Ditto on the L5 herniated disk. The most painful 6 months of my life! Ended the day I woke up after surgery.

2. Age 8. Helping my dad move a pile of fence post without gloves on I was stung on the tip of my right index finger by a Black Widow or Scorpion. We never saw it so we weren't sure which it was. Excruciating pain that burned solid for 3 days then quit in an instant.

3. Age 20. Getting a piece of hot metal in my eye while grinding a weld on sheet metal. Yes I was wearing a face guard. Weird thing is I didn't know it was there until it started to rust and the doc had to use a dremel type burr tool to grind it out of my eye.

4. 2 weeks ago. This is really dumb. Catching my 10 year olds fast ball ptiches wearing sandals. I miss a really fast hard one and it hits my big toe dead head on. The nail is completely black and coming off.

5. Age 16. Running around the front of a school bus in shorts I slipped and skidded on my shin. This caused a deep strawberry the size of a 3" x 5" area. It didn't hurt so much when it happened but the healing process was very painfull burning and itching under the scab for days.

6. Age 6. falling from the second story of a motel and landing on the walk way. I don't remember it but it must have hurt like hell. Spilt my chin open.

many many more. makes me hurt just thinking about it.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll 3rd that herniated disc.  I've got one right now and am awaiting surgery.  I was getting duragesic patches, or fentanyl or something like that and they helped a lot.  Then I went from the pain management center to the surgeon, and the guy won't prescribe me any more.  He's afraid I'll get addicted.  My supply ran out 3 or 4 days ago, and I don't think I've slept for more than an hour or so since.  I've had a lot of injuries mentioned here also, crushed and shattered my pinkie finger, it pretty much exploded.  Definitely gross, definitely painful.  Have had innumerable stitches, a separated shoulder, ingrown toenails on both big toes, sprains, fractures, etc.  Those all almost feel good compared to what my back feels like right now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Burst fracture, 19th vertebrae...50% compression...20% intrusion into my spinal canal.

But I'm fine now.

But that pain outdid a dislocated shoulder, broken elbow, dislocated elbow, and a dislocated knee.

Never break your back.  It really does hurt.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=4]Top ten:[/size=4]

1.  Head-on dirtbike collision with another rider where I flew like superman for 25 feet once the bikes stopped each other.  Hurt all over.  

2.  Dog chewed off my left ear.  Getting it sewed back on actually felt good in comparison.

3.  ACL, MCL, medial meniscus ruptured in dirtbike race.

4.  Fractured sternum in dirtbike race.

5.  Rode my bicycle face first in to a [b]square-edged[/b] metal pole at a high rate of speed.  Bottom row of teeth went through my lower lip.  Stitches looked gruesome.

6.  Walked in to a baseball teammate while he was warming up with a metal bat.  Took two teeth out and made me slur my speech.

7.  Front tire came off my bicycle while jumping and I ended up [i]wearing[/i] the bicycle.

8.  Portuguese Man-O-War wrapped its tail around my body.  Literally stung all over.

9.  Had jalepeneo juices on my hands when I took my contact lens out and put it back in my eye.  My eyeball was on fire.

10.  Stung by centipede.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Uhhhhhh...I fixed the "TASTY" typo to reflect what it was supposed to say....NASTY. I really should re-read EVERYTHING I post before hitting that sumbit button [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been "bitten" by a tablesaw, drilled into my finger, peeled the skin off another finger like a banana while unloading some 8/4 (2" thick) red oak, and various other stupid accidents...

But the most pain I've ever had was when my back "gave out" on me.  I bent over to pick up some scrap wood on the shop floor, and when I stood up, I literally saw stars it hurt so bad.  I really thought I was going to pass out from the pain.  
Spent the next week pretty much out of commission.

I definitely feel for you folks that have chronic back pain.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Getting a phone call from your brother:

"Dude, get over here to Mom & Dad's house, I think Dad just died !"

Made a 15 minute trip into a 5 minute trip, only to find paramedics trying to revive my Dad...

Dead at 64 of a heart attack 10/01/01...

Physical injury only pales in comparison to losing a parent.
View Quote

That's the truth.

I lost my Mom about the same time you lost your Dad.

And to make matters worse, some of the responding "officials" didn't act very professional.  If it wasn't for the decency of [b]one[/b] of the cops on scene, I'd likely either be dead or in prison, 'cause I was ready to kill a few of those bastards.
Thanks Sgt. Hitchens.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
marriage!
View Quote

ding...ding....ding....we have a winner here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Toss up between kidney stones and when I put an 8mm drill bit thru my left thumb sideways. The drill basically pinned my thumb to the wood and chewed thru the nail bed from left to right.
You see thet little crescent shaped light spot on your thumb nail? I no longer have on on my left thumb.
Worst part was I had to back the drill out of the jig in order to get my thumb out.
All I remember is looking at what used to be my thumb and seeing flesh, skin, bone and blood. For about the next 5 minutes, the only word that came out of my mouth was "FUCK!"
Three hours of micro surgery and some 30 plus stiches later, the doctor was able to piece together what was left of my nail bed, and it grew a new nail. 3 times thicker than it was before, full of ridges and bumpy...but at least I got it back.

It hurt like a MO-FO for weeks after. I remember waking up one morning and I had rolled over on top of my hand during the night. I basically squashed my thumb under my chest and ripped open some of the new scar tissue. That hurt like a bitch.

Kidney stones? Father's day 1997. On our honeymoon in Jamaica. Worst internal pain I ever felt. Never want to do it again. EVER!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Would definately either be:

1.  Lower Right Leg snapped - both bones -  in soccer game.

2.  Recovering from knee surgery and not having pain pills - pharmacy was closed - had to wait 12 hours.

3.  Kidney stones - it hurt so bad that I puked every 20 minutes like clock work.

and almost forgot...having both big toe nails ripped off at the same time in an indoor soccer game...don't ask...I have know idea either
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#21]
A redhead,5'3",100#,size 2,LONG red hair,DEEP green eyes,shagged like a mink AND just could NOT s_ck enough d_ck! Then having her tell me "she loves me too much to stay"!!?? I've been in "TILT" mode ever since!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I got run over when I was 5 or 6.  I was playing hide and seek with my siblings and the neighbor's kids.  My father, at the time, had this pickup truck.  In my infinite wisdom as a child, I thought it would be a great hiding spot if I crawled under the truck and got up on top of the drive shaft.  That way, if anybody happened to bend over and look under the truck, they wouldn't see me (you can see where this is going).

Well, sure enough, it worked.  They checked under the truck, and didn't see me ... I would win that one for sure!  For some reason or another, my father needed to go to the store.  I heard him open the door to the truck and get in.  At this point, I was paralyzed in fear.  When he started the engine, I was bracing myself against the area in which I had crawled, and the drive shaft started to spin below me.

I slipped, and the spinning shaft whipped me against the driveway.  I remember looking towards the front of the truck thinking I had to get the fuck out of there, and fast.  Apparently I wasn't fast enough.  As I tried to crawl out from under the truck, I was met by the front left tire ... completely up and over my shoulder blades and across my back.  A few more inches, and it would have been my neck.

When the tire was no longer on top of me, I got up and ran, or at least tried to.  I must have fallen down about a dozen times trying to run back into the house.  The pain was unbearable.  It was the kind where you have tears streaming down your face, and despite the fact that you're mouth is open trying to scream, you're incapable of making a sound.

My poor mother was the x-ray technician at the hospital.  I recall her running across the parking lot when my father showed up with me.  They ended up having to send her home.  She wasn't in the frame of mind to x-ray her own child who had just been run over.  By some miracle, or stroke of luck, whatever you would call it, I didn't have a single broken bone or fracture.  No internal bleeding or organ damage to speak of.  Most I got out of it was a sprained right shoulder, bruising and scratches across the whole of my back, and had to have my arm in a sling for a few weeks.  I did get to sleep in my parent's waterbed (that's a big deal for a kid).

That's physically the most painful thing I can remember in my life. I don't know why, or how I got through that for the most part unscathed, I was an extremely small child.

As far as I'm concerned, I've been living on borrowed time for the past 23 years
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Most pain ever felt...death of my first son after 2 months in the hospital. Worst thing is he died just before my birthday so I relive the pain every year. Getting older sucks in more ways than one.
After that not much else hurts.rocko.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Gout is my most painful experience.  Untreated it is probably only second to kidney stones.  

A buddy of mine had to have his leg placed in traction after a severe auto accident.  They numbed his skin halfway down his calf then drilled all the way through the bone and out the other side, inserted a stainless rod and hooked him to the traction.  Said it hurt bad.  Glad it wasn't me.  L'man [marines]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Dis-located my right shoulder last Sept. That got my attention. [BD]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#27]
1.  Broken left leg while playing football on a Navy team in San Deigo in 1969.  I was playing Mike and the other team ran a trap.  Just as I hit the RB, someone on my team (I belive our left OLB hit my left leg just below the knee...SNAP!.  Ouchies.  To this day, I can't watch the toob when one of the players breaks a leg.  Gives me the willies.

2.  Broken tooth.  That sucker was fractured for months and I didn't know it.  It hurt...but the Navy dentists missed the hairline fore & aft break.  One day while eating lunch...the damn thing simply came apart and the outer 1/2 broke away at the gum line.  When the dentist began his emergency procedures to put a cap on it in prep for a root canal and crown...well...I can STILL remember that one.  He actually loaded me up with about 6 injections of novacaine and it still hurt like hell.  Finally he just shot one directly into the tooth! [shock].

3.  Kidney stone.  I passed one in 1976 after hours of agonizing pain while that gnarly crusty bastard made its way from my kidney out to the light of day.

4.  Shoulder surgery for torn rotator cuff three years ago.  That was real painful...but the OxyContin helped out a lot...so it's hard to say just how bad it was.

5.  And for my number one:  In 1966 (football season again) a Navy doc cut on my leg without anasthesia at a small clinic in San Diego.  I had this huge infection/abcess in my right leg just below the knee.  I got whacked on the leg during a game and the damn thing swelled up and got infected so badly I couldn't bend my leg.  The only outside indicator was a small red spot at the center of a large hot area of swelling.  The quack told me I had blood clots in there and he'd have to operate or one of the clots might break off, run to my heart or lungs and kill me.  When he said that, I quit protesting and we went ahead.  Because the tissue in my leg was so full of fluid, he couldn't use injections or topical spray to reduce the pain.  He told the corpsmen to hold my leg down and he began by literally stabbing my (already VERY painful) leg right at the little red spot.  Think Mt. Vesuvius!  Then he opened up the wound with forceps and pulled out junk...all the while milking the damn thing to get out all the poisons and fluids.  After he swabbed out the now very large cavity with wooden q-tips and hydrogen peroxide (bubble-bubble-bubble!) he sucked out as much junk as he could and began to fill the hole up with this wet, brown "iodoform" gauze tape he pulled from a bottle.  Damned of that doc didn't put 22 inches of that stuff in my leg.  I didn't yell...but I wanted to.  I was bathed in sweat when he was done.  DAMN THAT HURT!
I didn't sleep much for a few nights.  When I finally got vertical and took a shower a few days later...that damn thing filled up like a baseball!  Freaked my out!  Nowadays, they would send you to the nearest major hospital for that "procedure" and knock your ass out or give you a leg block.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A redhead,5'3",100#,size 2,LONG red hair,DEEP green eyes,shagged like a mink AND just could NOT s_ck enough d_ck! Then having her tell me "she loves me too much to stay"!!?? I've been in "TILT" mode ever since!!
View Quote

I hear ya, bro.
Redheads are the ultimate paradox - so much fun, and so much hell wrapped up in one package.
And there isn't a 12-step program in the world that'll break you of that addiction.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Got my Bean's over my Frank once, make your eye's water.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Kidney stones - I've passed over 20 of them.  I have 4 children and giving birth was nothing compared to the stones.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Until you've attempted self-trepanation, you don't know the meaning of "pain."

cynic
p.s. IM me for full instructions and tool requirements.
View Quote

HARDCORE...HARDCORE
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I got freight trained by a bull into a fence and it drove my tibia through my calf muscle.

The vasectomy I got..

Ropes
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Getting drilled in the hand by a 95 mile an hour fastball.  To this day I still hate Jeff Fassero
View Quote

Whoa! What team did you play for???
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Rupturing disc L5-S1 in 1995. Hurt beyond words. Even after surgery I'm still not 100%. Hell, not even 80%.

The only thing I can imagine worse than that is an amputation or a live burning.

Edited to add: Several ingrown toenails on the big toes, and the home surgery to fix them!

When I was a kid, my mom (who was a dentist) used novocaine on my toe. The needle hurt and burned like the devil himself, but it was better than digging out the succker freestyle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I crashed my mountain bike when I was riding down a ski slop. Was going 46 mph whenI hit something in the trail. Bounced off my head twice, I lost my helmet on the first bounce. Numerous lacerations, concusion, and extremely sore body parts for about a week.

I had a basal skull fracture when I was younger. I bet there was a lot of pain, but I was unconcious for a few days so who knows...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got my Bean's over my Frank once, make your eye's water.
View Quote

Did it tickle? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I've cheated death a couple of times, had broken bones (one compound fracture), and plenty of bruises and burns, but NOTHING hurt worse than these:

1) Ingrown toenail on my big toe.  Tried to play surgeon for a few days with various cutting devices and it got infected.  Someone stomped on it and it got much worse.  My podiatrist had to numb my toe up by shooting into the infected flesh. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

2) Worked part-time during college in the press-room of the Washington Post.  Got my fingers crushed between a two ton roll of paper and a press machine.  Two of my fingers instantly turned purple due to blood underneath.  The nurse on duty sat me down and used a small batter powered drill AND DRILLED VERTICALLY DOWN THROUGH MY FINGERNAILS!!!  Blood shoot several inches.  Fuck, did it hurt!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I've had alot of painful experiences but this was the worst:

Motorcyle accident wearing only a helmet, shorts and tennis shoes. Front tire blew out at over 90 mph and bike went over, I jumped off and did "cat-rolls" for about 150 yards. Lost alot of skin, about 25%, no broken bones amazingly. In the hospital, the nurse used a scrub-brush and iodine and scrubbed out all the dirt and rocks from my raw flesh with no pain meds. If thats not bad enough, I had to have it done everyday for 3 weeks but at least on the third day they allowed me to have meds (the morphine was great). Broke many bones, got shot in the arm, nothing compared to the raw flesh scrubs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Broke my ribs playing rugby in college.  I'm not sure which was more painful--actually breaking them, or laughing after I broke them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've had alot of painful experiences but this was the worst:

Motorcyle accident wearing only a helmet, shorts and tennis shoes. Front tire blew out at over 90 mph and bike went over, I jumped off and did "cat-rolls" for about 150 yards. Lost alot of skin, about 25%, no broken bones amazingly. In the hospital, the nurse used a scrub-brush and iodine and scrubbed out all the dirt and rocks from my raw flesh with no pain meds. If thats not bad enough, I had to have it done everyday for 3 weeks but at least on the third day they allowed me to have meds (the morphine was great). Broke many bones, got shot in the arm, nothing compared to the raw flesh scrubs.
View Quote

[b]90mph!  Holy Crap!  You're lucky to be here at all.[/b] [shock]

Damn...I remember the corpsman scraping me with one of those damn brushes too when I laid my scooter down.  I wasn't nearly as f*cked up as you though...I only had some rash on my leg and arm on one side.  My crash happened at about 30mph and that was bad enough.  Hurt a lot...but not as bad as that doc cutting on me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Kidney stones. Period.  The combination of kicked-in-the-crotch pain, vomiting and fever cannot be beat.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Broken heart. I watched my daughter lay in a hospital bed in a coma for 7 days.
View Quote

Yikes. The hell with kidney stones. YOU win.

Not that I think you'll be proud of that fact...

Did she wake up or finally rest for good?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]
While up-loading ammo at Graf, an 8-inch HE round (around 203 lbs, give or take) slipped out of my grasp, and fell from my shoulder to my right foot, landing right on the base of the round. Such perfect pain...My foot swelled up so bad, I had to wear an NBC boot the rest of the FTX.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#45]
hmmmm...

the first time i had a bikini wax...[:o]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#46]
About 10 years ago my ex-boss stressed me out so bad it triggered an acute arthritis attack.

Setting the stage: Over the last 40+ years I've had 2 serious motorcycle accidents and many broken bones due to various sports accidents (I've broken just about every bone in my body once).

During the arthritis attack every single bone/joint that I ever injured hurt as bad or worse than the day they were originally injured...ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I can't even describe the level of pain.

I will never forget that incident and I hope it never happens again. Ever.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Broken heart. I watched my daughter lay in a hospital bed in a coma for 7 days.
View Quote

i know what you mean

i watched my dad lay in a bed for a little over a week with his chest wide open and body mutilated by six major operations after a bypass operation went bad, then my mom and i disconnected the mechanical heart and let him pass away
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I think you guy's win...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#49]
When I was a kid, I was horsing around in the house and accidentally pulled a hot vaporizer off of a dresser and all across my back.  That burned!  Next worst was the time me and some friends competed in the KALE "un-boat" race on the Yakima River by Benton City.  I fried in the sun for something like 12 hours.  When I got home, I had to lie submerged in a tub of cold water or it felt like I was on fire.  I'll probably end up with skin cancer for that one!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Migraine headaches
View Quote

ABSOLUTELY!
I have broken bones, car wrecks, drug into the street under the wheels of a dump truck, hernia repair and fell the next day; all were survivable.

With the worst injury, I was afraid I would die.

With a migraine, I was afraid I wouldn't.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top