Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/29/2003 11:59:40 AM EDT
I am going to be getting my PAL soon( same as an FAC). What do you guys think would make a good choice for a first gun to buy. This actually wouldn't be my first gun, I already own a .22 and single shot 12 gauge. I was originally going to get a Rem 700 but centerfire ammo is so damn expensive so I am leaning towards another shotgun. I was thinking about an inexpensive 12 gauge pump. I've heard good things about the Remington 870 and the Winchester 1300. I handled an 870 at a local gun store and I really liked the weight and feel of it, felt well constructed. I want one I can use for skeet too, so I am looking at a short barreled model. I am 5"11 185lbs and I have no troubles with the recoil from my single shot 12 gauge so I am sure that I would be comfortable with the 870 since it is heavier than the single shot. I also notice that the 870 has alot of availible accessories. I also like the syntheic black stocks over the wood stocks. So, basically I am down to the 870 or the 1300. Unless you guys want to throw in some more suggestions I'd like to hear your opinions on these firearms.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:13:01 PM EDT
Save you money and move to the land of the free. Where you can use guns to defend yourself and not go to jail.
Top Top