Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 8:33:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:51:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:09:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: I've got: Jalapenos Orange Habaneros Red Habaneros Green Onions Pepperoncinis Pequin Peppers.
View Quote
Man you must have one hell of a tuff stomach.[pyro]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:40:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: Pepperoncinis
View Quote
where did you find these? i've looked all overfor them. i have bananas, hot and sweet jalepenos, hot and sweet a serrano plant and a Mr. Stripy tomato plant
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:43:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:45:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: My fiancee gets all excited planting strange flowers, plants, and vine things. We just got [b]5[/b] new trees in the backyard, and she loves shopping at Lowe's since they've got the "[i]if the plant dies in a year, we'll replace it for free[/i]" warranty which I find almost unbelievable. Wanting to share in her excitement, I started a few plants of my own. I'm not into weird flowers or fruity things, so I picked some seeds with a little more of an "edge" to them. I've now got a whole family of pots on the windowsill, most of them ready to transplant to the outside garden. I've got: Jalapenos Orange Habaneros Red Habaneros Green Onions Pepperoncinis Pequin Peppers. I never thought I'd get this happy about growing something legal to own on the windowsill. Pretty odd. Anybody else growing peppers? I can't wait for the red habaneros to start producing. Those things are truly evil.[devil]
View Quote
Make sure you space those things out put about 6 feet between each plant or they will crosspolinate and all end up tasting the same.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:50:35 PM EDT
If you guys do salads, greens grow like weeds and aside from watering you can ignore them for months. If the temperature changes more than 10 degrees in a day they will try to bolt (go to flower then seed and get bitter) so a nice piece of plastic kept handy if the temp. is supposed to drop works wonders. If you want to know what stuff is easy to grow and what stuff is a pain in the ass just IM me or email me.]]green Soybeans are easier than anything else to grow and they taste great mixed in rices or just as a side dish. A real buttery flavor and they freeze very well. I've got half of my garden seeds in and will get the rest in in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:52:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
Originally Posted By TREETOP: I've got: Jalapenos Orange Habaneros Red Habaneros Green Onions Pepperoncinis Pequin Peppers.
View Quote
Man you must have one hell of a tuff stomach.[pyro]
View Quote
And an asbestos a$$hole.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:32:01 PM EDT
Run over all that junk with a lawn mower, and then go down to the grocery or farmer's market and buy what you really need. Saves a lot of time, which can be used better at the range, cleaning, or just watching the tube.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:41:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:26:35 PM EDT
[url]www.seedman.com[/url] I am currently starting to grow [url]http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm[/url] I bought the sample starters kit.
Top Top