Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 2:12:56 PM EDT
10. Four seasons. 9. The DRY heat. 8. Wildlife diversity. 7. The Diamondbacks! 6. vaporizing prairie dogs. 5. vaporizing coyotes. 4. The White Mountains. 3. The worlds BEST gun accessory companys. 2. The number of like minded firearms owners. 1. IT'S NOT CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!! Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:31:07 PM EDT
can you drive big lifted trucks there? can i put a shotgun in my aformentioned truck and ccw a pistol?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:35:25 PM EDT
You forgot the ASU Sun Devils and the ASU coeds.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:57:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 3:04:56 PM EDT by KBaker]
I couldn't care less about the Diamondbacks (though I was happy that they beat NY for the Series) And I once saw written on a bathroom stall wall at Arizona State:
Why are there so many gays at ASU?
View Quote
To which I was forced to respond (with a permanent marker:)
Because the Sun Devils need a football team?
View Quote
I'm a UofA grad, obviously.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:01:43 PM EDT
1. What is it like 105 today? 2. Public transit sucks. 3. Public schools suck. 4. Governed by a dike bitch. 5. Crappy drivers. ASU is nice though...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:01:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: I couldn't care less about the Diamondbacks (though I was happy that they beat NY for the Series) And I once saw written on a bathroom stall wall at Arizona State:
Why are there so many gays at ASU?]To which I was forced to respond (with a permanent marker:)[Because the Sun Devils need a football team?] I'm a UofA grad, obviously.
View Quote
Not a very timely comment considering the state of UA's football team. [;)] You guys really need to dump Mackovic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:05:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fearlessrogue: 1. What is it like 105 today? ASU is nice though...
View Quote
Did you all have a cold front come through?[:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:06:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TXSunDvl:
Originally Posted By KBaker: I couldn't care less about the Diamondbacks (though I was happy that they beat NY for the Series) And I once saw written on a bathroom stall wall at Arizona State:
Why are there so many gays at ASU?]To which I was forced to respond (with a permanent marker:)[Because the Sun Devils need a football team?] I'm a UofA grad, obviously.
View Quote
Not a very timely comment considering the state of UA's football team. [;)] You guys really need to dump Mackovic.
View Quote
Good point. But this was waaaaay back when we'd kicked ASU's butt for 10 consecutive years. All things change.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:22:31 PM EDT
Here's what I miss most since I left: 1. Grand Canyon 2. Christopher Creek (camping on the Mogollon rim) 3. An asian eatery called "Bamboo Club" 4. ASU girls sunbathing at lunch. 5. Riding my motorcycle to Tortilla Flatts for breakfast on Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:46:29 PM EDT
Arizona SUCKS !!!! DO NOT visit here !!! DO NOT move here !!! The scorpion army will hunt you down if you cross our borders !!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:56:41 PM EDT
Whats not to like? Low cost of living, nice weather, awesome gun laws, lack of liberals, and low taxes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:59:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By OffRoad: can you drive big lifted trucks there? can i put a shotgun in my aformentioned truck and ccw a pistol?
View Quote
YES YES AND....YES! As the Scorpions song goes: Arizona Rocks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:07:38 PM EDT
The extreme heat and disgusting smog keeps the ravester very very far away. You're happy, I am happy. I dont even like your airport in Phoenix. The climate's better in Flagstaff, but it has a run-down dumpy feeling I haven't seen anywhere else but Dawson City in Canada.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:11:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fearlessrogue: 1. What is it like 105 today? 2. Public transit sucks. 3. Public schools suck. 4. Governed by a dike bitch. 5. Crappy drivers. ASU is nice though...
View Quote
1. No, it's 110. I am able to stand it, so Im not complaining too much. 2. I do not use public transportation. 3. [red]ALL[/red] public schools suck. 4. Dyke bitches are fun to complain about. 5. Yeah, people drive like shit around here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:15:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sniper1az: Arizona SUCKS !!!! DO NOT visit here !!! DO NOT move here !!! The scorpion army will hunt you down if you cross our borders !!!!
View Quote
DITTO [LOLabove] 1. Half the population leaves for half the year.[flag] 2. correction; AZ has only 2 seasons. Spring and Summer 3. It's a "dry heat"[shock] 4. we have, open carry, conceal carry and she be packin.[50] 4. lots of close shooting compititions.[beer] 5. Dillon Precission is here.[headbang] 6. J&G is here.[headbang] 7. lots of unoccupied land to shoot,hunt,camp and prospect on.[soapbox] 8. and finally, I am here! [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:30:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By OffRoad: can you drive big lifted trucks there? can i put a shotgun in my aformentioned truck and ccw a pistol?
View Quote
There are no laws against any of that...depending on what your truck looks like...but I remember how slow you drive up there, and you would surely get shot here.[nana] Anyway, we are filling up with californians and have a transexual as governor. I am going to start a new life in...damn it's all downhill from here...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:40:35 PM EDT
10. I HAVE TO DRIVE TO SEE SNOW 9. I DONT OWN A LAWN MOWER 8. NO MOSQUITOS 7. I HAVE TO DRIVE TO SEE SNOW 6. I OWN LOTS OF COOL SUN GLASSES 5. WEATHER DOESNT EFFECT MY PLANS 4. I HAVE TO DRIVE TO SEE SNOW 3. LOTS OF PLACES TO SHOOT 2. NO ONE HAS EVER HEAR OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW 1. I HAVE TO DRIVE TO SEE SNOW
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:32:00 PM EDT
I visited Arizona once. Scottsdale was nice, stayed there for a week. I thought I would see Mexico while I was at it, so I drove to Nogales, parked at the McDonalds, and walked across the border. What a shithole! Walked back to the US, drove around some, and went back to WI. Too freaking HOT! Snow is my friend! Av.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:38:20 PM EDT
It's always sunny.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:44:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: The climate's better in Flagstaff, but it has a run-down dumpy feeling I haven't seen anywhere else but Dawson City in Canada.
View Quote
Wow - that is hitting below the belt. I really like Flag. DC was a dump, I will give you that, but Flag is no where near DC for dumpiness. I had the worst food in Dawson. The only thing that made up for it was copius amounts of wine. -934
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:46:57 PM EDT
I split a 6-pack of beer with a German guy and his girlfriend on top Humphrey's Peak. I could live in Flagstaff....I don't know if I could survive in Phoenix. I need snow at least part of the year!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:49:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sniper1az: Arizona SUCKS !!!! DO NOT visit here !!! DO NOT move here !!! The scorpion army will hunt you down if you cross our borders !!!!
View Quote
I concur.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:56:08 PM EDT
CCW, private sales, NFA its not that hot!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:07:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cyrax777: CCW, private sales, NFA its not that hot!
View Quote
I'm a little leery of places that don't use asphalt shingles. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 9:09:12 PM EDT by raven]
Originally Posted By racer934:
Originally Posted By raven: The climate's better in Flagstaff, but it has a run-down dumpy feeling I haven't seen anywhere else but Dawson City in Canada.
View Quote
Wow - that is hitting below the belt. -934
View Quote
You think so? The streets and sidewalks are all decrepit, the buildings look like they are falling under their own weight, unpainted. I swear to god, the city from what I have seen looks like it has has let itself go like that is Dawson City. This was in 1996. Maybe things are different now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:37:00 PM EDT
Rumor has it that you can open carry there, but that the gun has to be UN-loaded. That sounds like craziness to me. Is it true?!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:59:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnphin: Rumor has it that you can open carry there, but that the gun has to be UN-loaded. That sounds like craziness to me. Is it true?!
View Quote
it can be loaded or unloaded.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:09:18 PM EDT
Arizona sucks. There is absolutely nothing to like here. Stay the fuck home and be thankful I made the discovery for you so you didn't have to waste time and money traveling here to find out for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:21:50 PM EDT
An old lady's car got stuck in the sand on the side of the road. She decides she will walk a short way to get some help, within 1/2 mile she was dead. Do not come here unless you are a scorpion, a rattlesnake or made of sand. ALso be aware that not even the wild animals go out in the daylight, but you can always find dumbasses hiking Squaw/Piestewa peak no matter what the temp.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:24:20 PM EDT
It sucks now, because all these assholes that brag about it moved here in the last few years. Can't you fuckin' people just go home? Even GODDAMN BLACK RIVER is crowded this year. FUCK! Now I gotta move to Idaho and help fuck up those people's state 'cause all you assholes had to move here. Once again: FUCK!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:25:29 PM EDT
How do you tell an Arizona resident from a Seasonal resident? ....................... ....................... ....................... The residents are pale and wear longsleeves and floppy hats in the summer, and do not go outside from 9 am to 9pm unless there is a source of AC within 100 feet. The seasonals residents have dark tans, wear tank tops, and have the highest rates of sunburn and skin cancer. --------------------------------- Jesus christ, when you see someone pale white and wearing long sleeve cotton shirts, big floppy hats and they tell you they have lived here for 20 years..... take a hint.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:47:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:13:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2003 10:11:43 AM EDT by TXSunDvl]
Originally Posted By Rabid_Coyote: It sucks now, because all these assholes that brag about it moved here in the last few years. Can't you fuckin' people just go home? Even GODDAMN BLACK RIVER is crowded this year. FUCK! Now I gotta move to Idaho and help fuck up those people's state 'cause all you assholes had to move here. Once again: FUCK!
View Quote
Ahh for the good old days. I lived in AZ in the late sixties through the mid seventies as an airman and a college student. Back then you could drive your car into Sabino Canyon and the Grand Canyon. Tucson was still pretty small and Apache Junction was in the boonies.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:52:40 AM EDT
You all forgot the only remaining Titan II missle silo in existance and the AMARC ceneter near tuscon. I only visited, but those were amazing
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:23:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rabid_Coyote: It sucks now, because all these assholes that brag about it moved here in the last few years. Can't you fuckin' people just go home? Even GODDAMN BLACK RIVER is crowded this year. FUCK! Now I gotta move to Idaho and help fuck up those people's state 'cause all you assholes had to move here. Once again: FUCK!
View Quote
Im sorry. Maybe I should move back to Minnesota and take my pro-right, pro-gun voting tendancies with me too?
Top Top