Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 9:47:34 AM EDT
I'm on the road a couple hundred miles a day a notice a lot of REALLY FAT people driving em...WTF???...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I drive one now, and I'm not fat.  

Why do fat people drive SUVs?  I see it all the time.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Because I took all the money I saved and invested it in Swiss Rolls and RC Cola. [moon]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Simple. The cost of driving an econobox like that is low. More money to stuff themselves with food.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#4]
They're relatively inexpensive and "REALLY FAT" people are usually at the lower end of the income spectrum.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because I took all the money I saved and invested it in Swiss Rolls and RC Cola. [moon]
View Quote

DAMN SON, THAT WAS FAST. I knew someone would roll that one quick.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe not, but someone deluded you into thinking that this was a sports car?
[img]http://quentinj.dynamic-dns.net/pics/tibby.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

DAMN SON, THAT WAS FAST. I knew someone would roll that one quick.
View Quote

High praise indeed, when it comes from BenDover!

ps. We need more house pics.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Because it's possible to be both fat AND stupid at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Screw you buddy, I drive an Accord or my 1966 Dodge Coronet Convertible.
"AND I'M NOT FAT, I'M BIG BONED! Now screw you guys, I'm going home. Na screw you guys, home."
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Umm... because it is?  Maybe not by someone who defines NASCAR cars as the criteria for sports cars.  

Hell, just last night that very car spanked the shit out of a Bonneville SSE Supercharged.  

It might be an underdog brand, but it's one sweet ride.  I'd take it over a 'stang or Camaro any day.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Umm... because it is?  Maybe not by someone who defines NASCAR cars as the criteria for sports cars.  

Hell, just last night that very car spanked the shit out of a Bonneville SSE Supercharged.  

It might be an underdog brand, but it's one sweet ride.  I'd take it over a 'stang or Camaro any day.  
View Quote

Since when is a FWD car with less than 200 HP in a package that weighs over 3000lbs considered a sports car?  A V6 mustang has better lbs/hp than that thing.  If you insist on FWD, how about a Nissan Spec-V for less money with a better lbs/hp?
Remember, what you spank isn't as important as WHO you spank.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Since when is a FWD car with less than 200 HP in a package that weighs over 3000lbs considered a sports car?  A V6 mustang has better lbs/hp than that thing.  If you insist on FWD, how about a Nissan Spec-V for less money with a better lbs/hp?
Remember, what you spank isn't as important as WHO you spank.
View Quote

Since Merriam Webster defined it as (see link) [url]http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=sports+car[/url]

I see no HP requirement.  

The Nissan is cheaper brand spanking new?  I would think not.  I got the Tiburon for $18.5k, with a $1k rebate.  And it's absolutely LOADED for that price.  

It would be nice if they got it lighter by 500lb or so.  But it's a completely new chassis, instead of borrowing off of one of their other model's chassis.   And for me, it's the most powerful car I've owned.  (my old Saab 900 Turbo might have been real close, when it ran well)

Also heard the 2005 Tib will have a 3.5L V6 with AWD available.  That will be nice to see.

But, you're right about the spanking!  [;)]

I love my car.  I'll have it at or above 200HP someday.   Sister has a Sonata that's three years old, looks and runs like NEW.  Her and her hubby drive from Austin to Oklahoma several times a year, so it has decent miles on it.  (and neither of them is fat)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#13]
What year was that SSE?  I show a '92 taking over 8 seconds to get to 60, that's not fast either.
I honestly looked at the Tiburon.  I WANTED it to be fast, the problem is it just isn't.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#14]
The SSE was probably a 98 or newer.  Not older than about 5 years, but probably not newer than about 2 years.  

Yeah, the Tib ain't super duper, but it holds up well.  0-60 is 7.1 sec from a stock V6.  Still hella good to ME, as it's still the fastest car I've owned.  I don't race, so speed isn't all that super duper important to me.

There is a supercharger for it that will bump it to 230HP and something like 215ft-lb.  Not sure if that's with the stock intake and exhaust, but those are replaceable, and there are several manufacturers building the parts.

The I-4 in the Tib can be taken up to around 600HP with mods so I've read.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They're relatively inexpensive and "REALLY FAT" people are usually at the lower end of the income spectrum.
View Quote

LOL ...where'd you come up with this theory genius?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top