Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 7:59:30 AM EDT
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-torched-houses,0,7439444.story[/url]

[b] SUPERIOR TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- The radical environmental group Earth Liberation Front is claiming responsibility for fires that destroyed two houses near Ann Arbor in March.

The slogan "ELF, no sprawl" was spray painted on the garage door of a house next to one of those burned March 21 in the Mystic Forest subdivision. On its Web site, the group claims responsibility for the fires, which it says caused $400,000 in damage.

The group also takes responsibility for burning luxury homes being built near Philadelphia late last year. A picture of a burning home is featured on the Web site, along with instructions on how to start fires.

The group says no one has claimed responsibility for last summer's fires that destroyed two luxury homes under construction, but police said they suspect the ELF.

The FBI has said it considers the Earth Liberation Front one of the nation's most prolific domestic terrorist organizations. The group has claimed responsibility for a series of antigrowth attacks in the past six years.

A message seeking comment was sent Tuesday to an e-mail address listed on the group's Web site but its Web site says it "uses direct action in the form of economic sabotage to stop the destruction of the natural environment."

Superior Township Fire Marshal Wayne Dickinson, whose department usually fights about three accidental house fires a year, said the arsons have people on edge.

"All of the builders are on pins and needles," he said. "They are getting security dogs and hiring people to sit in their houses because of what's going on." [/b]

I would like to get hired to do security at these housing tracts.  If I were to catch one I don't know what I would do to it.

Legally, I can only do a citizens' arrest.  Let's suppose that there were no laws governing a situation like this.  So, let's here your fantasy arrest/detaining of an eco-prick-terrorist who is trying to burn down your new dream house in the woods.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]I would like to get hired to do security at these housing tracts. If I were to catch one I don't know what I would do to it.[/b]
View Quote
It's simple shoot the assholes, they are dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[b]I would like to get hired to do security at these housing tracts. If I were to catch one I don't know what I would do to it.[/b]
View Quote
View Quote

That's a gimmee, but I was thinking in a fantasy world, what kinds of appropriate torture should I come up with before I shoot them in the gut.

Bilster

PS  Remember, this is fantasy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

That's a gimmee, but I was thinking in a fantasy world, what kinds of appropriate torture should I come up with before I shoot them in the gut.

Bilster

PS  Remember, this is fantasy.
View Quote

Actually he is right. They are considered terrorists and treated accordingly. Do you really think the local jury would no be on your side as well as the local press? Food for thought.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]
ELFs time is limited.

The FBI has said it considers the Earth Liberation Front one of the nation's most prolific domestic terrorist organizations
View Quote

Once the FBI catagorized them as a Terrorist group,(which happened awhile ago) it opend the doors for them a bit. With this the FBI can pursue them without having to go through the the same loops that they would pursuing say an bank robber. Example, I believe they are not required to have a warrent to tap phones and run survalence on suspected ELF members, because of the terrorist classification.

ELF seems to have a hold here in oregon, mostly southrn near the Hippy universities(most schools south of PDX). They have repeatedly advocated violence to get there point accross even claiming that "breaking laws was one tool they promote". This was said on a local newcast in regards to the recent anti-war protests in PDX.

Here locally, we are close to having a new resort built, near a small ski resort. There is much debate over this and I fully expect those bastards are already eyeing it. We will see.

CH
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
These dickbrains sabotaged some mobile logging equipment in a state forest near my office.  They threw cans of hydraulic oil in a pond at the same time.  Talk about protecting the environment!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Few years ago some guys from Phoenix were burning down new houses built on the edge of a public recreation area.  Left ELF spraypainted around the arson sites.  Apparently they didn't like the new development spoiling their bicycle rides.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#7]
let's see....

I'm sittin in my new house that is still under construction, but the land is essentially mine.
I see someone who means to put my life in danger by burning the structure I am sitting in.

Yup...justifiable homicide.

[fantasy mode]Plus probably get a medal of honor from the JBT's for being a good citizen and stopping terrorists before they could strike. [/fantasy mode]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
My fantasy:

[i]ELF members are marching towards me across a huge open field.

I have a GE minigun directly linked to an ammunition factory.

I'm wearing sunglasses...[/i]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...Here locally, we are close to having a new resort built, near a small ski resort. There is much debate over this and I fully expect those bastards are already eyeing it. We will see.

CH
View Quote

They've already torched a multi-million dollar ski lodge above Vail a few years ago. Waited until it was almost done, then burned it.

They ARE eyeing yours. You can be sure of it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
My old company I used to work for got sued by these guys about once a month.  Also by the earth justice defense fund.  I read a lot of the legal papers floating around the office.  These guys are wackos.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Elves-shooting haiku:

Elves creep in the dark
Night scope illuminates green
three-oh-eight happens
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't they burn down a ski lodge a few years ago?

If I remember correctly the insurance company paid to rebuild the partialy completed building.  So basically they wasted natural resources since more trees were cut down to replace the lumber they burned to make a statement.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I remember correctly the insurance company paid to rebuild the partialy completed building.  So basically they wasted natural resources since more trees were cut down to replace the lumber they burned to make a statement.
View Quote

Fruit_of_the_Looms mentioned Vail, that is probably the one you are thinking of.

ELF also goes around and puts BB holes in the windshields of SUV's, and torches them in dealer lots.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have never let reality get in the way of their self-righteousness.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I bet they are those evil drow elfs from d+d. In that case they live underground and only come up at night. So you go varmit hunting. with a hbar ar-15 with night scope and drum mag. Bilster where the hell have you been? Is it long distance to call from n.j? do you want to sell your upper? I found a great h.k91 clone at rochester gun store for $500. the thing looks sweet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope they don't have those hand crossbows with the poison bolts. They will put you to sleep and an@# rape you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Fruit_of_the_Looms mentioned Vail, that is probably the one you are thinking of.

ELF also goes around and puts BB holes in the windshields of SUV's, and torches them in dealer lots.
View Quote

I forgot about [red] burning[/red] SUVs to save the [green]environment[/green].  If I had more free time it would be fun to calculate and compare the amount of pollution created by burning a SUV vs driving a SUV.

Frucking Idiots.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#18]
i used to listen to a band called Earth Crisis.  good music but the lyrics are fu_ed.  i've seen a pamphlet somewhere for one of these groups, it said they are not an organized group and to take action individually.  freaks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bet they are those evil drow elfs from d+d. In that case they live underground and only come up at night. So you go varmit hunting. with a hbar ar-15 with night scope and drum mag. Bilster where the hell have you been? Is it long distance to call from n.j? do you want to sell your upper? I found a great h.k91 clone at rochester gun store for $500. the thing looks sweet.
View Quote

It might explain some of their actions.  Since they like to burn things, maybe they should be burned as an ecological alternative to just about everything.  I think they reproduce somehow, which means they are a renewable resourse.  I bet when they are dried out and cut up into little cubes they make an excellent alternative to firewood.  Their fat can be processed into high grade motor fuel too.

Valblade, poor reception in that part of NJ, I don't know about the upper, and buy the HK clone.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#20]
You can contact these Earth Libation F***s here:

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/feedback.shtml

Tell them what you think.  I'm sure they'll spaz.

I will not link this for the same reason we don't for the DUh.  I'm not sure if they are set up like the DUh, but I'm not taking any chances with these rattalingus rectalforaminea. (The best Latin I can come up with for now)

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]
If the ELF has a front group why doesn't someone who had their stuff burned sue them ? Com'n they admitted to doing it it should be real easy to go after them in the courts . Seems to be a strategy that worked well against the wacky Aryan nations and the Kooky Klan ...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if they cooked some hot dogs during the blazes they set.
And if so, were they vegetarian franks?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#23]
We should find them and rawdog them from the side. After we shave their legs.bilster, gun show coming up soon. they will have the same over priced swat team junk. who would pay top dollar for a ar sp1 with dog bite marks on the buttstock? And how about those numbers cut on the side. they couldn't pay the extra fee to have them numbered by at least a 10 year old. hut hut hut hut. lets go down the wall. Oh my! I dropped my rifle.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
let's see....

I'm sittin in my new house that is still under construction, but the land is essentially mine.
I see someone who means to put my life in danger by burning the structure I am sitting in.

[fantasy mode]Plus probably get a medal of honor from the JBT's for being a good citizen and stopping terrorists before they could strike. [/fantasy mode]
View Quote

Actually, I heard that one of ELF's most prominent rules is to make sure no injury of occupants occurs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Man.  When I worked construction in Anchorage a few years ago, one of the inside jokes was that "see that house nestled in the (old growth) trees in that new subdivision?

"That house belongs to the head of the Alaska Chapter of the Sierra Club."
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:07:32 AM EDT
[#26]
> I hope they don't have those hand crossbows
> with the poison bolts. They will put you to
> sleep and an@# rape you.

Better than those damn Jermalaine, I tell you, loading for bigfoot doesnt stop those pointy haird midgest from tying you up and shaving you all over..

I never did entirely understand the benefit to the environment of burning things down and throwing oil in ponds.

I expect somebody just needs a machine to rage against and doesnt have a growing nurturing bone in their body.

/Phil
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
let's see....

View Quote

Actually, I heard that one of ELF's most prominent rules is to make sure no injury of occupants occurs.
View Quote

That's nice.  What if someone is asleep inside? Possibley a guard who got too bored.  How about the Firefighters that risk their lives putting the blaze out.  Who pays for this? What if these pukes burn down a house, and it sets about 1,000,000 acres ablaze in the process.  Think of the risk to life and limb if that happens.  

These twinkle toed MFing POS will spinelessly come up with any justification for their destruction.  These same F*** Faced penis rubbers would put their own rustic cabins in the middle of the woods and tell people,  "this is not a problem, I know better than you."

Find out where they live and burn their houses down.  See if they think it is justified.

Bilster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top