Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2003 7:56:54 AM EDT
So as many of you know my girlfriend of 4 years recentlly screwed me over hardcore. So last night Im sleeping and about 1:40 AM my cell phone rings, its her number on the caller ID. (the number from the house I used to live in with her.) I figured it might be an emercency or somthing so I answered. It's her boyfriend, he's clearly drunk. He starts talking mad schmack to me about how he's gonna beat my ass and kick the sh#t out of me and what not. He wants me to drive over there and fight him at my ex-grilfriend's house. I told him (keep in mind I DO NOT know this guy.) "Yeah, Im going to drive over there in the middle of the night and fight you on her property, right." So apparently the reason he is so mad is because I told my ex (who for some reason I still care about even though I shouldnt!) that I thought he was a peice of shit. And the little skank told him I said that! He is this "Macho" Italian hothead that drives a $300 car and lives in the ghetto, (while she is a little rich girl that lives in a giant house that her daddy bought her.) so he procedes to keep telling me that he is going to "beat the F#ck out of me and what not" (I dont know why I continued the conversation, I was half asleep.) So I just kept saying "Sure you are, whatever, toughguy" So he says one more time "Im gonna beat the F*ck out of you!" and hangs up on me. Ok, thats. that... I try to go back to sleep, he calls back and says the same stuff... yada yada... "Im gonna come find you and kick the sh*t out of you!" he hangs up again. (these conversations were about 5 minutes each, so there was more to them than that but that is the jist of it. What would you have done?? So clearly Im going to cut all contact with her. Its hard to understand how someone you spent so much time with, who you trusted completly could be so scandalous.. Anyway so now Ive got this guy gunning for me. It is a fairly small town, so I will run into him eventually. Im not scared of him, Im fairly confident that I could beat him in a fight, but what would that accomplish? It certainly wouldnt get me my ex back, and I would probibly end up in jail. But the fact is that this guy is GOING to start a fight next time I see him, from what I can make of his character through our limited dialogue, he is the kind of guy that would bring a knofe to a fist fight. What should I do?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:58:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:59:15 AM EDT
Got a CCW? File a police report for telephone harassment so your ass is covered. You'll have documentation of the threats.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:03:34 AM EDT
yep
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:05:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eswanson: Got a CCW?
View Quote
Working on that, SB-24 just passed in Colorado, you used to have to be 25 to get a CCW in COLO, Im 23, but it was just lowered to 21, so I will have one soon.
File a police report for telephone harassment so your ass is covered. You'll have documentation of the threats.
View Quote
Should I?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:11:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MAHABALI: Should I?
View Quote
[size=6]YES![/size=6] If the SHTF you have a record of him harassing you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:15:20 AM EDT
BTDTCAB- Ok since you know he's gunning for you you do a couple things. First report the incident to the police for no other reason than it's on a report that this person has threatened to do you great bodily harm. That way whatever happens in the feature it is you defending yourself. Really I don't know what the carry laws are in your state but if you truly feel your safety or life is in danger than carry. I was in a similar situation and eventhough my safety was in danger i followed the law here and did not carry, I caught 2 bullets in the leg and there was no way to prove that the guy had anything to do with it, though I know he did, there was no hard proof. It could have been worse. Whatever you decide to do always watch your ass till ya know for sure what is up with this guy. Ya never know he might have a screw or two loose.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:16:33 AM EDT
Should I?
View Quote
Look at it this way, if a fight is likely in the future, would you rather have it a he-said/she-said deal with nothing but eye-witnesses of various bias to support what happened... ...or would you rather have official documentation that he threatened you in the past and you were a good citizen and did your best to let the police handle it? Document it every time this guy even looks at you crossways if you think a conflict (legal or physical) is coming down the road.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:18:57 AM EDT
1. Keep records of every contact. Write it down or record it if possible. 2. Report the threatening call to your local LEOs. Do it NOW. 3. Get a concealed-carry permit ASAP. 4. Stay alert and keep yourself safe.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:20:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 8:21:51 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:20:48 AM EDT
Play by the rules. Get LE involved. This is not a childhood playground argument. You are now an adult and can be arrested for a simple man to man fistfight. Or worse, you could be stabbed or shot by the whacko... Call LE, file a complaint. Maybe get a restraining order filed against him and the EX GF. If they get within 500ft of you they can be arrested. Don't play games. Be serious, and play by the rules. All else fails, and you are assaulted "INSIDE your own residence" put a fucking bullet in his head...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:23:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art: All else fails, and you are assaulted "INSIDE your own residence" put a fucking bullet in his head...
View Quote
Because you feared for your life....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:44:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By California_Kid: 1. Keep records of every contact. Write it down or record it if possible. 2. Report the threatening call to your local LEOs. Do it NOW. 3. Get a concealed-carry permit ASAP. 4. Stay alert and keep yourself safe.
View Quote
#5. Get a restraining order for him AND your ex!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:58:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 8:59:53 AM EDT by KC0CXA]
Originally Posted By BenDover:
Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art: All else fails, and you are assaulted "INSIDE your own residence" put a fucking bullet in his head...
View Quote
Because you feared for your life....
View Quote
CO is also great for the make my day law. So if he steps foot into your house and you dont want him there make it final...... But yes I would go and make a police report now. My sister had a boyfriend that was doing this shit to her and he ended up in jail for it because they had enough complaints from enough people other than my sisters case. Who knows this guys history? cover your butt man. KC
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:00:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:03:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheRicker: Who makes a good telephone recorder?
View Quote
I can record 2 minutes of conversation on my cell phone, (too bad I didnt think about that last night) But I dont think Ill be answering calls from her # in the future.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:08:27 AM EDT
Next time he calls, ask him how he likes the taste of your cock. That should calm him down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:09:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:12:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 9:20:52 AM EDT by Garand1911]
i beleive radio shack makes a telephone mic that sticks on the back of the phone, (like you see in the movies) supposedly works good too. its my belief that to be LEGAL, you must INFORM the caller that you are recording the conversation. which in his drunken state he prolly wont care. if it was me, id tell him to "come on over", load up a shotgun (hidden from view), load up a video camera and record the events (operated by friend if possible). if he makes a move to get you inside the house, Mr.12ga to the rescue.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:19:42 AM EDT
I don't want to insult you here but ,WTF did you think was going to happen when you degraded this guy to the women who is fucking the shit out of him now? She told him what you said and he had to call you on it in front of her to "protect" his fragile manhood. You on the other hand greatly contributed to this jerk offs game plan by talking to him at all after the first ten seconds. You caused this and now you need to disconnect yourself from said slut and her scumbag new boyfriend, PRONTO! There is nothing to be gained by any future contact with this girl or the guy who's fucking her, right?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:22:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MAHABALI:
View Quote
I can record 2 minutes of conversation on my cell phone, (too bad I didnt think about that last night) But I dont think Ill be answering calls from her # in the future.
View Quote
I would answer the calls. At the very least, you'll have intel on his intentions at the moment. The moron is giving you prep time to plan your course of action. Don't ignore it; instead, use it to your advantage.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:24:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jrzy: I don't want to insult you here but ,WTF did you think was going to happen when you degraded this guy to the women who is fucking the shit out of him now? She told him what you said and he had to call you on it in front of her to "protect" his fragile manhood. You on the other hand greatly contributed to this jerk offs game plan by talking to him at all after the first ten seconds. You caused this and now you need to disconnect yourself from said slut and her scumbag new boyfriend, PRONTO! There is nothing to be gained by any future contact with this girl or the guy who's fucking her, right?
View Quote
I know, everything you said is right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:26:08 AM EDT
definetly make the police report, once u can pack do it, buy a small can of mace to pack also. the mace is to shoot at him when he confronts you, if the mace dont change his mind put a couple pills in him and call it a day. it always looks better to the police and to the civil courts if you try to use non lethal means before you shoot the stupid bastard. and of course it was "because you feared for your life" when the cops question you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:28:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:55:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bigscrun: Next time the little prick calls ask him if he wants pictures of his girlfrind naked. Let him know that you will sell them to him real cheap. Then invite his punk ass over and handle him.
View Quote
Believe me, I have some [:d] Im not sharing though. She used to be a real sweetheart, I dont know what happened to her, she is a completly different person now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:01:08 AM EDT
Come on dude, she's your EX-girlfriend... [8D] [;)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:02:26 AM EDT
get a copy of your cell bill that will have the day and time that the calls where made to you,so there will be some kind of proff that someone did call you at the day and time from her phone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:07:18 AM EDT
To answer the earlier question, you do NOT have to inform the cocksucker that you are taping the conversation. Taping is fine if ONE of the two parties consents, and you do. Definitely file a report, and note each time and date if he calls you again. Update the police each time it happens. Also, it is not your fault just because you told your ex he was a pussy. That is only human. Blaming you for his bad behavior is like blaming gun owners for gun crime. B.S.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:11:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hanau: get a copy of your cell bill that will have the day and time that the calls where made to you,so there will be some kind of proff that someone did call you at the day and time from her phone.
View Quote
Ditto that!! you can even go online for some services and print out EVERY SINGLE CALL in or out, times, duration etc. It would be nice to put in the police report or make note of.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:15:16 AM EDT
i'd carry if i were you........................ this guy has got to have been told that you were a gun nut at some point, correct? and if he's still willing to fuck with you, i think you have a certifiable head case.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:16:23 AM EDT
I was in a similar situation recently. Walk away and make a police report. You can lose your RKBA for a simple fistfight. It aint worth it! Stay clean and document everything. And if you have no kids with this chic get over her and find one without the baggage. Women are whacko. Because she "used" to be a sweetheart is not a valid reason for interacting with her. Hey, my ex was great and we had some real great times. She "used" to be responsible, hard working and loving. But now she's got 2 kids and one on the way, all different fathers. Lives with a scum BF that beats her up, she has no job and no money barring my support payments, she is a walking mattress, her finances are in complete disarray, and she treats me as a piece of shit when I've done nothing but been her best friend and shoulder to lean on for the last 7 years. You know hwat? Fuck Her! I'm taking my kid from her and getting past all the BS that has fucked my head up over these years. If I have any say in what happens she will never have any say in how our daughter is raised. Disconnect yourself from this situatiuon, the BF is a scumbag obviously and has no dignity or self worth. You don't need people like that in your life. But like the others said document these incidents with a police report. You never know when Capt. Idiot will show up with bad intentions on your part and you need to put his lights out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:17:53 AM EDT
Or....next time he calls, leave the phone off the hook, go outside and shoot 31 warning shots in the air. [heavy] Then hang the phone back up. [:D] This should let him know you are armed...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:21:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN: Or....next time he calls, leave the phone off the hook, go outside and shoot 31 warning shots in the air. [heavy] Then hang the phone back up. [:D] This should let him know you are armed...
View Quote
Only if he tries to steal my jet-ski. Seriously though, thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:32:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sashmore: To answer the earlier question, you do NOT have to inform the cocksucker that you are taping the conversation. Taping is fine if ONE of the two parties consents, and you do. .
View Quote
Actually it depends on state law, thats true here in VA , could also be true where he is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:38:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ANGST:
Originally Posted By sashmore: To answer the earlier question, you do NOT have to inform the cocksucker that you are taping the conversation. Taping is fine if ONE of the two parties consents, and you do. .
View Quote
Actually it depends on state law, thats true here in VA , could also be true where he is.
View Quote
I believe it is. Or it was 10yrs ago during my divorce. My lawyer told me to do it. Be sure to double check MAHABALI, it likely still is. But I'm not responsible for bad legal advice.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:42:04 AM EDT
I think MD is a 2 party consent state. Something they tried to get Linda Tripp on I belive.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:47:37 AM EDT
Being he was drunk I would have provoked him to drive over to my house, then called the police to tell them there's a drunk headed over to assault me! Then I'd just sit back & watch the circus!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:55:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:19:11 PM EDT
did you give him your address and invite him over? I would be tempted to do so. cops show up drunk guy breaks into house upstanding citizen (you) has to defend himself, do you have a throw piece?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:22:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MAHABALI:
View Quote
View Quote
Of your cell phone has a minijack for a headset, then all you need is a mini to mini plug cable. It is a three conductor plug, I believe one wire is positive for the mic, one is positive for the earpiece, and then there is a ground. Take a length of small guage two conductor wire, figure out which connector on the plug is for the speaker. Solder a mini plug on each end. Plug one end into your earphone jack and the other into your mic input on your soundcard. Bring up Windows sounds recorder. Play back your saved meesage/saved conversation and record it as a wave file. You may have to adjust the phone volume and/or the record setting on Windows sound mixer to get the recording level right. This also works live in real time. If you want to get real creative, you can make a y-cord that plugs into your phone with two mini plugs one the other end..one for the speaker and one for the mic. You need a full duplex sound card to pull it off. Plug the speaker connector into the mic input, and the mic plug into the line out on your sound card. Make sure your computer mic is hot. Enjoy! And don't ask me how I know this. I am a sound engineer, although this should work well, have yet to do this. I wish I had thought of it when my ex was telling me she wished I was dead.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:31:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: i'd carry if i were you........................ this guy has got to have been told that you were a gun nut at some point, correct? and if he's still willing to fuck with you, i think you have a certifiable head case.
View Quote
Possible. My ex and her boyfriend have been to the house a few times to pack and move her things. I ordered a dumpster and left her a message asking her to get the rest of her stuff and throw out whatever isn't mine and that she doesn't want. Her, her boyfriend, her sister, her sister's boyfriend, and her mom cleaned out the whole place. The moved my motorcycle around the garage to sweep around it. They stacked my garage stuff neatly in a corner. I have some sound equipment still there, they worked around it cleaning and vacuuming what was my studio. They left my stacked boxes of gear (night vision, parts, gun stuff, etc.) stacked where I left it for moving day. She did take the desk she said she was going to leave me, but since they have totally respected my stuff, I am not going to complain. Either they respect the gun thing, the attitude, OR I am really going to get hit with a sandbag somewhere in the near future. My point was, either the new boyfriend is nuts to mess with a gun guy like yourself, OR...he is just a moron. I vote for option two. "Yo, Adrian!" (duhhhhh)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:37:17 PM EDT
a hot head italian? that's a new one. post pics of your woman on projectvoyeur or something. and let us know when you do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:40:09 PM EDT
I would have shut the phone off and let him leave nasty messages and then played them for the cops.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:48:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mike45acp: did you give him your address and invite him over? I would be tempted to do so. cops show up drunk guy breaks into house upstanding citizen (you) has to defend himself, do you have a throw piece?
View Quote
My brother did that to a guy that called him in the middle of the night. This guys GF kept going to my brother house to get laid. At first he didn't know that she had a boyfriend but after she told him she kept coming back for more. She told her boyfriend about cheating on him and he blamed my brother. My brother told the guy that he wasn't pursuing her that she simply kept coming back for more. The guy threatened him and told him to stay away from her (kind of hard when she kept coming by). So he told the guy if he wanted to kick his ass that he would give him directions to his apartment and let him try. The guy never called back.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 12:55:15 PM EDT by QBit]
[i][b]he is the kind of guy that would bring a knofe to a fist fight[/i][/b] GIS for "knofe": [img]http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~twichma/LX200_forks.jpg[/img] [img]http://www2.arnes.si/~krsava1/lucky/luka2.jpg[/img] So he'll bring a telescope mount or a Swede? [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:02:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:02:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NoVaGator: Next time he calls, ask him how he likes the taste of your cock. That should calm him down.
View Quote
Gator, that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:08:10 PM EDT
Love. You don't know when your in it, but sure know when you're not. I just split up with my psycho GF. Been together 5 years and she goes nuts. My advice is to stay away and get the police involved so at least it's on record. Andy
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:08:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:15:32 PM EDT
"Hello, Office of Homeland Security?"[shock] ED
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top