Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/27/2003 4:47:14 PM EDT
A couple of nights ago I was returning home from work near 2am. The 2 streetlights near my house are out so its pitch black near my house and I had to park in the street because my Mother In Law was staying the night. On top of that my wife didn't leave the porchlight on. I get out of the car and stumble along waiting for my night vision to kick in. Then I hear the jingle of dog tags and I hear panting. I know I've got dogs around me but I can't tell where. One of the dogs passes between me and the streelight down the street. This big bastard is backlit so I can tell what the size is and little else. [shock] There are only two dogs this big near me and they live down the street. I back up into the driveway and they start barking and growling. Right about now I reach for my Glock 30 which I carry in a backpack. I keep backpedaling slowly while by the sound of the bark/growl they advanced slowly. I rounded a corner near the porch and stepped lively towards the front door. Anybody recommend a good gun compatible flashlight? BTW, I love dogs and I wouldn't hurt one except to save my own ass..literally. [snoopy] [pistol]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:51:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:06:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:18:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: here is mine. might i suggest a new carry piece.. [url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-g30kb.html[/url] mike
View Quote
Sorry, Love my 30...I've put enough trouble-free rounds through it that it has earned my trust.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:39:57 PM EDT
Try the Scorpion flashlight. It is the same size as a Surefire 6P. I have both and like the Scorpion better. It is rubberized and carries an extra bulb in the switch end, unlike the Surefire which has the bulb glued to the reflector. And you have to change bulb, reflector and all. Also I like the switch on the Scorpion better. The both fit in the same holsters, pouches and Kydex holsters.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:43:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:49:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: here is mine. might i suggest a new carry piece.. [url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-g30kb.html[/url] mike
View Quote
There are too many other reliable guns on the market to trust your life (Or the palms of your hands) to these DDs... Sorry, Love my 30...I've put enough trouble-free rounds through it that it has earned my trust.
View Quote
Yep thats just what i used to think. All those kb rumors be damned. Won't trust my life to another one. mike
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:38:04 PM EDT
I don't know about your G30 but mine doesn't have an accessory rail for a flash light.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:53:52 PM EDT
Mine doesn't either..However some flashlights are a bit more ergonomic than others especially when using a Harris Grip or some other possible shooting situation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:03:17 PM EDT
O.k. gotcha now, I was getting jelous that you had a light rail :) I'll echo the comment that you can't go wrong with a surefire light.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:06:56 PM EDT
Top Top