Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 9:10:21 AM EDT
Short story:  At the Remington hospitality tent, a couple of their sales people (drunk)disrespected the wife and me.  
I am mad as hell and wanting to write a letter to somebody way up the food chain at Remington.
What is the best way to get a name of their VP of marketing?
*Edit 5/28* Whole story and letter to Remington posted on page 2.

***EDIT 6/5****
Got a call and a package from Remington today. Details on page two!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Google?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.remington.com/aboutus/companyinfo.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#3]
fuck that shit. that's just plain wrong.
here is some info.

[url]http://www.remington.com/aboutus/companyinfo.htm[/url]

[b]Airwolf beat me to it. Old age......[/b]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Give em heck and let us know what happens!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Got the name and address for their Manager of Consumer Affairs.....TO BE CONTINUTED......You betcha'......
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Go get 'em!!

I don't know what all happened to you and your wife, but the drunk sales reps part is plenty.

If you're representing your employer, you don't get drunk and/or act like an ass.

Good luck, kyreb, and keep us posted.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell them my favorite saying "I'll bring the whuppin', You bring the arse!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
"disrespect" is not a verb. as such it is impossible for them to have "disrespected" you. although they may have treated you disrespectfully.

also not words:

irregardless
aint
ustacould
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"disrespect" is not a verb. as such it is impossible for them to have "disrespected" you. although they may have treated you disrespectfully.

also not words:

irregardless
aint
ustacould
View Quote

FYI-- I was born in Texas, where aint IS a word and disrespecting somebody leads to the ass-whuppin'. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

also not words:

irregardless
aint
ustacould
View Quote

Thank you for being the Grammar Nazi.  I was temped to jump on that all day.

Nothing worse than a drunken salesman, especially in his own hospitality tent.  They ought to be on their best behavior in there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Irregardless is too a word!

[url]www.merriam-webster.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, as long as we are heading down this path...

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
Date: circa 1912
nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

also not words:

irregardless
aint
ustacould
View Quote

FYI-- I was born in Texas, where aint IS a word and disrespecting somebody leads to the ass-whuppin'. [:)]
View Quote

1st to respect something, verb, To disrespect, to show a lack of respect for.  therefor, in the military disrespect of a superior.  It is not having no respect, but to act in a disrespectful manner.  So, disrespecting can be a verb.  

Second, Aint is in the dictionary as a colloquialism.  therefor, it is a word.  Commonly accepted to mean is not or are not.  

Third, it is usetacould.  You left out the E.  another colloquialism.  

Fourth.  Damn it if they can use Ebonics, then I can sure as hell use redneck now like I usetacould.  It aint fair them disrespectin me like that and claimin I ain goodnuff.

Now, back to the original subject.  What was said/done to you that was disrespectful?  I agree that the reps should not have been drunk, and that as company representatives, should behave respectfully towards customers/potential customers.  But if you give us some details we may join in to complain to the comppany on your behalf.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Perhaps a longer version of the story would be in order....

Just to acertain if you are making a mountaion out of a molehill...or if you have a legit beef.

OH ...

BTW...

If I EVER EVER refered to my wife as "the wife" I would certainly catch hell from her.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 So, disrespecting can be a verb.  
View Quote

Respectfully, bullshit.
Any strung together combination of letters can be a word, but to use it in the manner of a verb in this case is wrong, and another example of the bastardization of our language.
If I'm wrong, my bad. (Another phrase I hate).
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 So, disrespecting can be a verb.  
View Quote

Respectfully, bullshit.
Any strung together combination of letters can be a word, but to use it in the manner of a verb in this case is wrong, and another example of the bastardization of our language.
If I'm wrong, my bad. (Another phrase I hate).
View Quote

What a bunch of dorks, arguing over verbs [:)]

As to the bastardization of "our" language...."Our" language has been bastardized for the last 2000 years into what it is today.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What a bunch of dorks, arguing over verbs [:)]

As to the bastardization of "our" language...."Our" language has been bastardized for the last 2000 years into what it is today.
View Quote

Well sumbitch! In my daddy's bidness, that's how weeuns talk.

[;)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#18]
...and yet another thread mutates from the Topic Title and original post into - what?
Another thread?  [;D]

Remington needed to be informed of the incident.
I hope they handle it appropriately, IRRegardless of whether or not the nucYAlus of the prollem was, like, ya know, um, their falt or it t'aint.  No'msayn?

[shock] Did I just write that?!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I was going to be the Grammer Nazi, I'd learn how to capitalize.
View Quote

Nothing, and I mean nothing gets by Stokes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Capitalize on what, boo? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#23]
BWAHAHAHAHA you guys are the bestest  i wasnt trolling and im sorry to have stirred the pot so. but you guys certainly know how to entertain. i hope those remington a-holes get some heat from the top.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I was going to be the Grammer Nazi, I'd learn how to capitalize.
View Quote

Nothing, and I mean nothing gets by Stokes.
View Quote

[:D] LMAO!!!

I'm telling you guys though, please don't group irregardless in with all those other bad words such as 'ain't'.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Short story:  At the Remington hospitality tent, a couple of their sales people (drunk)[red]disrespected[/red] the wife and me.  
I am mad as hell and wanting to write a letter to somebody way up the food chain at Remington.
View Quote

Good people are rarely "disrespected". Perhaps you just met an asshole?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I've never liked remington... but then again I have good reason to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is the letter describing the whole story, with the exceptions that they hit on my wife in front of me and how hard they laughed at their little joke.

May 27, 2003

Mr. Danny XXXXX
Manager Consumer Affairs
Remington Arms Co.
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025

Dear Mr. Evans,
I am a firearms enthusiast.  I am a hunter, I regularly shoot trap and I compete in IPSC 3 gun competitions. I am a Life Member in the NRA.  I am a certified range officer in both IDPA and USPSA.  I am active in numerous gun clubs as an administrator and competitor.

I have utilized Remington firearms, ammunition and clothing frequently in these endeavors and strongly recommended them to anyone seeking my advise. I was very proud to support a company that still maintains the majority of their manufacturing processes in the United States.

Unfortunately, the events of this weekend have changed that forever.

I was attending the Coca-Cola 600 stock car race with my wife and a few close friends. We were guests in the hospitality area near where Remington sponsored an event.  Although not  guests of Remington, we stopped by, outside the fence, to watch the introduction of Dale Earnhart Jr.

While there, I struck up a conversation with your marketing manager for shotgun sports.  He was very courteous and professional.  He was kind enough to entertain a few of my questions regarding the new Remington Competition Master shotgun, a firearm I had every intention of adding to my collection.  

Problems arose a bit later when my wife, knowing my appreciation for your products, approached two of your marketing representatives there about the possibility of obtaining a Remington hat for me to wear to my various shooting competitions.

She was told that they would provide the $5 hat only if we purchased a pair of specific sunglasses from one of the vendor’s outside the gate. We informed we could  “trade them”  the sunglasses for the hat.  The sunglasses they requested, in a very serious manner, turned out to be a pair of $100 Gargoyles.

Now, I do not know why these two “gentlemen” representing your company, would  decide to disrespect a customer in front of friends and family,  but it certainly was not appreciated. There is no doubt alcohol played a role.  Whether this was designed to be a bribe or just a poor joke at our expense, they managed to turn a loyal Remington customer and supporter in the opposite direction.

Perhaps someone should explain to them just how precious a good customer really is. And while you are at it, please remind them how lucky they are to have an opportunity such as “entertaining”  customers at a racetrack, or even holding a position as a marketing rep for a major firearms manufacturer.  It is certainly a
job many of us only dream of.  Giving them a little “reality check” may save you numerous other customers in the future.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#29]
heck in my book the 'hitting on the wife' is worse than the sunglass thing.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Short story:  At the Remington hospitality tent, a couple of their sales people (drunk)disrespected the wife and me.  

*Edit 5/28* Whole story and letter to Remington posted on page 2.
View Quote

My 870 Marine Magnum has a sling swivel clamp attached to the barrel and mag tube with a SS screw holding it in place.

The other day I lost that 1 screw. Rather than running to all the Home Depot’s, Lowes, and fastener specialty shops to find the correct thread pitch, length, head design, etc, I thought it easier just to have one sent from Rem.

[i]ring ring ring[/i]

“Good Morning, Remmington Mfg., this is Deb can I help you”

“Good Morning, yes. I lost 1 sling screw to my 870 Marine Mag could you send one please?”

“Hold one please -----ok, would you like to place that on your credit card sir?”

“Hahaha, sure Deb if you wanna run through all that paperwork just  for a 15 cent screw that’ll be fine.”

“Ok sir, that will be $4.00 for the screw plus S&H. Would you like that to go Parcel for $8, Ground for $9, 2nd Day Air for $14 or, Next Day Air for $22?”

“Habada Habada Habada, da da doooooes  that include the 1 screw?”

“No sir”

“So the screw would cost me $12 minimum if I choose the cheapest mailing rate?”

“Plus the federal, state, city and local taxes that apply in your area sir”

“Oh come now Deb, can’t you just throw that 1 tiny screw in an envelope and mail it to me?”

“Uh-Uh, NO SIR!”

“Do you have a the screw in front of you or a picture of it?”

“Yes sir, I’m looking at a picture of it”

“Is it a long screw or a short screw?”

“it’s a fairly short screw sir”

“Do you have long screws?”

“Err, for the same application sir?”

“‘Just in general Deb, do you have long screws?”

“Well yes sir”

“What would you say your longest screw was?”

“Excuse me sir?”

“How long was your longest screw?”

“Sir would you like this screw?”

“Yes! Yes I would. I like nice long screws,  and short screw too. I also like the smooth rotation of screws, be it COCK and counter-COCKwi”  

[i]CLICK[/i]

“Deb? Hello Deb?”

Yep kyreb, I’d say they were disrespectful.

Now if you call S&W and tell them you lost a handcuff key, they ask for your name and address and get it right out to you. They laugh when you ask, “how much?”  They’ve sent me at least 5 keys for free.

[size=1][i]Deb?[/i][/size=1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Main Entry: 1 dis·re·spect
Pronunciation: "dis-ri-'spekt
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1614
: to have disrespect for  

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Now if you call S&W and tell them you lost a handcuff key, they ask for your name and address and get it right out to you. They laugh when you ask, “how much?”  They’ve sent me at least 5 keys for free.

[size=1][i]Deb?[/i][/size=1]
View Quote

As a matter of fact, I lost a grip screw for a .22 S&W. Called them and they shipped 2 at no cost.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
The upper handguard on my Ruger PC4 was damaged. I called Ruger to order a new one with the intention to pay for it. However, Ruger shipped out a new one for free without ever questioning what was wrong with my old one. Some of these places kill on shipping charges. Half of the online dealers lose my business on check out because they want to charge a flat $10 shipping fee on everything. All of a sudden a $10 part is $20.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[red]Ir[/red]regardless is too a word!

[url]www.merriam-webster.com[/url]
View Quote

I KNEW the little feller would beat me to it!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Perhaps a longer version of the story would be in order....

Just to acertain if you are making a [red]mountaion[/red] out of a molehill...or if you have a legit beef.

OH ...

BTW...

If I EVER EVER refered to my wife as "the wife" I would certainly catch hell from her.
View Quote

HEY!!!!!!    NO French!!!! [;D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Remington sent a package with 3 hats and a letter of apology. Contacted by phone today to see if I could/would provide names. (no) My letter is sitting on the desk of the VP of firearm sales.
They are sending me a case of 12 gauge ammo as a goodwill gesture.  In all I am impressed and happy with their response.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Remington sent a package with 3 hats and a letter of apology. Contacted by phone today to see if I could/would provide names. (no) My letter is sitting on the desk of the VP of firearm sales.
They are sending me a case of 12 gauge ammo as a goodwill gesture.  In all I am impressed and happy with their response.
View Quote

Excellent.

I'd still tell them who did it though - I wouldn't want them losing more customers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I did not have the names, but I am sure Remington is hot on their trail.  
As I told the guy on the phone today, I have had a chance to cool off some since it happened.  I do not want to see anybody get fired,  but they do need a good talking to.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent.

I'd still tell them who did it though - I wouldn't want them losing more customers.
View Quote

This speaks well for them. I would speak to them on the phone (rather than in writing) about the hitting on your wife business too, unless it was only of the playful harmless type of flirting. They ought to know about the behavior of those who represent them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top