Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 1:57:44 PM EDT
Like firearms, binoculars, watches, knives, clothing, sunglasses, you get the idea...

I know I do. I don't know why, though. I'm not really enamored of military/law enforcement mindset or lifestyle.

But I think the Steiner Police binocs in black rubber is much cooler than the Steiner Navigator, for example, although they may have the same performance.

I would also get the Spyderco Police over a Sypderco Endura, although they are very similar.

Tactical guns, of course, need no introduction...the HK USP, the Glock, the Kimber SWAT 1911, the Remington 870 Police, any AR...they all get my blood going more than say a bolt-action hunting rifle, or the Smith and Wesson semi-autos. One exception for me are the Smith and Wesson revolvers...I love those things! Not very tactical, but they are functional works of art.

How about you guys?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a wannabe too!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah, I dont hunt and I doubt I ever will, so evil black rifles and other military arms is what I buy-only.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember the"old timers " being pretty impressed when I bought a Browning Hi-power as my first pistol ...when I first started out my collection consisted of things that were designed long before I was born...Winchester 94 , 1911 , winchester 1300 , M-1 carbine , S&W Model 19 , etc. ....

But as time has gone on I am definately leaning more towards tactical gear for lighter weight , ease of use etc...

There was a time when therte was no way I would want a polymer framed gun...but my opinion has changed thru experience...

t
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My washing machine is painted in camo pattern with  tritium inserts in the dials, its the most tactical washing machine ever. I can do 10 loads in the dead of night and no one wold ever know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My washing machine is painted in camo pattern with  tritium inserts in the dials, its the most tactical washing machine ever. I can do 10 loads in the dead of night and no one wold ever know.
View Quote

Smartass.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
But is yo' mamma so tactical that the only makeup she wears is Light Green and Loam?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
well hell ya, it's what we prefered while on AD, and most of the time it's tried and tested...

for the most part, tactical = quality...
ALTHOUGH.... there are those out there who exploit this, and try and off sh!t because it "looks" tactical.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I collect and assemble military type weapons.
Middle of the road stuff not cheap but for the most part not over 3k.
The $100 rifles don't do it for me ,yet anyway.
Other than my military rifle thing and being prepared I'm not into the tacticle lifestyle.
No cammando tee shirts or clothes desires for utility belts and that kinda shit.
Been a 2% biker for near 30 years but looking at me you couldn't tell,any more anyhow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
All you wannabes!

I work in retail security and need that stuff.  You are nothing but a bunch of posers.

Edit:  Good thing there wasn't a spelling test for Macy's.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I would also get the Spyderco Police over a Sypderco Endura, although they are very similar.

View Quote

Actually, I think the Endura and the Military version are similar.  The Police one has a metal handle.  Personally I perfer the Delica for carrying in my waistband.  It's the smallest of the three and more comfortable, especially when sitting down.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I love tactical things simply because when something is ment for either military or police use it,s designed tuff.  In the prpcess it looks coool too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I buy ONLY military equipment whenever possible, because I got used to it in the Army, and it works under the worst of conditions.
As far as my choice of firearms goes, I will NOT be without a combat weapon and it's associated equipment. Even the Boy Scouts teach you to be prepared.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Tactical stuff scares me
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm actually starting to sway away from being "tactical."  When I bought my camelback, there was a major cost difference between a camo one and a blue one of the same make and model.  It was enough for me to say "screw it" and go with the blue one.  One of my buddies went crazy when he saw my blue camelback.  I asked him who gives a sh!t?  I'm taking it camping and hiking, not on a suicide mission!  The same thing happened when I got my last Gerber Muli-tool.  I could've got it in matte black or stainless.  Stainless was considerably cheaper, and I told my friend I don't have a need for a blasting cap crimper.  If my friends want to give me crap for not buying the most tactical looking stuff, I'll gladly let them buy it for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I spend alot of money keeping up with the lattest technology.  Currently I am sporting a M4-gery setup with forward grip, SureFire "High Beam" Tac Light w/ pressure pad, Zigfield Premium Red Dot Lazer with 4 adjustable reticle settings,  "Sure is Quiet" Tac 2-point Silent Sling, Mag Sinch loaded with Custom Hornady V-Max Tactical .223 loads and "Silent Mass" bullets.

I also have a complete weeks set of black, grey, desert, and camo BDU's in shirts, jackets, pants, hats, and boots....even have brown underware but that's a different story[;)].  I also have matching loaded sets of Bug out Bags for the above.   I spray painted my old 1990 Chevy S-10 since the paint was flaking off anyway.  It's kind of a "urban" type pattern to blend in with the greys and browns of my local area.  [i]Very effective[/i].

I feel pretty comfortable with this set up.  Over all it has given me great camo/tactical coverage during the day, but excellent stelthy coverage at night!!  

Rember, you never know when you might get the call......................

[red][b][size=5]Totally Tactical[/size=5][/b][/red]

Sgtar15

[white] [i]The above was entirely fictional.  Please do not do anything stupid like try any of the stunts I post about.  

You are on your own.........thank you[/i][/white]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top