Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/26/2003 12:10:44 AM EDT
My daughter is curious how does one start a board like this?? she just wants to start a discussion board likethis with different chat boards... I guess what she really liked was those smiley faces and anim legends.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:30:44 AM EDT
Arfcom is a custom code, or so I gather, but sites like Full-auto are a commercial program you can buy, and a company will host it. You specify user rights and privileges, the rules, how may forums and what they are called. Thats what i gathered.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:37:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:42:21 AM EDT
Try [url]www.ezboard.com[/url]. She can set up her own message board for free. [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:46:15 AM EDT
Pick a topic that will attack users, but not flood you off and leave you with bandwidth charges. Get a good host... (I use [url=http://phpwebhosting.com/]PHPWebHosting[/url]) Then go to SourceForge to find a Board program that is free. Or if you don't want to search, try [url=http://www.phpbb.com/]phpBB[/url] which is free and widely used, so you can get help with questions as they come up. Lastly - You need the dedication and denile of self to maintain it once you have started a "Community" your users are now depending on you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:10:03 AM EDT
Pretty neat how I found this joint. I registered back in Aug. 2000. While I was searching for domains to register I would type in interesting names such as AR15.com and AK47.com. Plenty of times there was nothing there but one day a whole message board popped up and I registered because I had some stuff to sell. Is there any way one can tell what member# they are?
Top Top