Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 10:14:53 PM EDT
I went to a used book sale fundraiser put on by work here. They had hard cover books for a dollar. So I picked this book called the Intruders by Stephan Coonts. I have to say I really liked it. I was just wondering has anybody else read any of Coonts' other books. From what I gathered there are several other books in this series. Does anybody know the proper order they should be read. I am a big Tom Clancy fan so this was a pleasant change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Flight of the Intruder was excellent but after that none of Coonts' books seemed to stand out. After Minotaur I stopped reading them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not that I didn't like Minotaur it's just that it was the last one that caught my interest. His first book was based heavily on personal experience but the follow ups were pure fiction and they quickly lost their appeal. I'm not implying he's a bad author just that for me his first book was so well done that the rest failed to measure up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys ever read anything by a guy named Bob Mayer. I picked up Operation Dragon Sim, Thought it was a pretty good book too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have read most of his stuff, yeah it is kind of long-of-tooth lately. I am currently making my way through his latest "Deep Black", its getting pretty bad though.

I'll read anything by Stephen Hunter, this guy is great! I especially liked "Hot Springs". Most of his books are tied together, although they go back and forth, he starts the series off with an excellect sniper book "Point of Impact" and then very quickly his books go back in time and start working their way back to the present using the same characters or family.

I put Stephen Hunter ahead of Tom Clancy only because Hunter has more excitement and still has a great deal of detail.  The one thing I prefer about Clancy though IS the detail I just need a lot more time to read his stuff.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Like Coonts' stuff, just finnished flight of the intruder again
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top