Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 4:54:28 PM EDT
I have to preface this post.  My position on racism is pretty well established here.  I don't give a shit what color you are, either you are a good guy or you aren't, period, end of story.  I was schooled in an integration program.  I have been friends with people of all races, worked with people of all races.  Everyon gets the treated the same in my book and gets the benefit of the doubt.  I just don't care what color you are!  Well, got a dose of realism this morning.

So, I am driving down Lake-Cook Road in Chicago this morning, and surfing the radio.  I happen across FM V103 (102.7).  Some cool funk/jazz.  Then the song ends and the DJ comes on.

For the next 20 minutes, I listened to a stream of unadulterated racism and idiocy from both the announcer and callers.  I was screaming hot.  Screaming at the radio.  Screaming at the road.  Screaming.  Check it dudes.  Some of the comments I heard.

Woman caller:  "You know what I don't understand!  George Bush will meet with the heads of state of all these foriegn countries, but he refuses to meet with his own Black Caucus!  We need to get rid of these racists!"

(Here is what I am yelling in the car)
"You stupid bitch!  They are heads of state!  As in, NATION-STATES!  Your Black Caucus is a DOMESTIC group that thinks that are more important than others!  DUH!  Bush refuses to legitimize your group because it stands for DIVISION HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!  WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE COLOR-BLIND!  FUCK YOU!!!"

(Caller 2): "White people are ignorant about how the Republicans and Bush's White House are violating the Constitution and keeping us from exercising our rights.  If anybody speaks up about what they are doing, the disappear.  They are silenced.  Ya know, Bush has this report, that he refuses to release, you know, about 9-11."
(DJ): "Well, nobody really knows for sure what happened there".

WTF??!!!!I thought it was pretty well established!!!

(DJ): "you know you are right about people being ignorant....in Africa we call people who can speak multiple languages 'multi-lingual', people who can speak two languages 'bi-lingual', and people who can only speak one language 'Americans'."

Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!Fuck You!

(Caller 3)  Caller three is all irate, worked up, he sounds like he is frothing at the mouth and can barely form his words.  Really pumped up.
"I'll tell you who did 9-11, what people need to realize is that it was done by our very own CIA and the Israeli Mossad!!!!  BLAH BLAH BLAH".

I thought to myself "Holy Shit, it's DU but live and on the air!"

Holy crap.  If you ever want to get a feel for what the "black community" is thinking, listen to Chicago's V-103, "Hits and Dusties", on Sunday mornings at 0700.  Bring a barf bag.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I am very, very racist and I treat everyone based on their race.

I make no secrets about it.

There are good people and bad white people, but the bell curve tends to swing HEAVILY in their direction.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit.  I didn't want it to go this way.  

IBTL!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the truth.
Lock it, let it run free, I don't care.
It's the painful truth, regardless of whether it is permitted to be spoken out loud or not.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
"I'll tell you who did 9-11, what people need to realize is that it was done by our very own CIA and the Israeli Mossad!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH".
View Quote

I was listening to a radio station over the internet and they were SERIOUSLY discussing how our government used remote-controlled planes to crash into the WTC and Pentagon.

This call in show made the tin-foil-hat crew seem resonable.

There are a LOT of scary people out there.

My motto: Treat people the way you want them to treat you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
well, TheKill ... at least you exposed a resident racist in Merril_B [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in pretty much the same boat.  Being a truck driver, I pretty much live by talk radio.  I run across the "Urban Radio Network"  All I hear is that Bush wants to cut funding to minority programs.  They need to reinstate affirmative action quotas, Republicans are racist.  The rebel flag is a sign of the KKK.  All white crackers are bigots.  If it weren't for the whites being so racist, I wouldn't have to be out on the street selling drugs and P****.  the slums are the fault of the "rich" white republicans trying to keep the blacks down.

A lesson in reality.  Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the biggest bigots in the country.  The Democrats are the ones keeping the blacks down by making them dependent on welfare.  Reverse discrimination (quotas) is still discrimination (I firmly believe in the best person for the job, regardless of race, religion or sex).  If you would get off the drugs and quit selling you know what on the street and worried as much about getting an education, you would have a job.  The problems in black schools is not the lack of caring by the government, it is the lack of caring by the parents.  It does not take a village, it takes concerned parents.  If you want respect, you have to earn it.  Don't expect a handout from me.  I work for what I have, you should too.  The tax cuts "going for the rich"  is BS.  The money is a refund to those that actually work and pay taxes.  If you want some back, then you need to put some in.

I hope I don't step on any toes here, but here goes...I never condem anyone for their race.  I take each person as they are.  However, I see too much BS coming out of the black community.  When they realize that we are all in this together and cut their reverse discrimination, then organizations like the Klan will die.  As long as they keep screaming discrimination and practice reverse discrimination, discrimination will live.  When the cops get a report of a robbery and the description is a 6' black man with a blue sweatshirt, it is not discrimination to stop each 6' black man wearing a blue sweatshirt in the area.  It is good police work.  If there is one and the suspect is a 5'10" white male with short brown hair and a mustache, I expect to get stopped.  Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exposed would suggest I somehow was hiding something.

I get a great kick watching a bunch of white people tiptoe around the race issue...

"I'm not racist- my best friend is black... but today I was working by a welfare office, and I noticed..."

"I'm not racist, I treat everyone equally and I hate the Ku Klux Klan, but today, I was driving through a black neighborhood and noticed..."

"It isn't like I am racist or anything, but has anyone ever noticed how..."

It's hilarious to me.
It's like all the truisms about race that have no other outcome than "racism" are clashing with the antiracist programming everyone has been fed.

Throw in a few redneck comments, trailer park references, and a "I bet a black guy stole your girlfriend" drivel, and the cycle is complete.

But please, please.
By all means, continue.
I love this shit.
I really, really do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
uh oh! [peep]
View Quote

[img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/spezial/kdchat/brik5.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
There is good and bad in all races. One of my neighbors is black, 20 year man from the army, and a better man than I.

Problem is that you can tell what kind of person a man is by looking at him. We, as a society, decided that admitting that is evil.

Black guy with his undershorts at his waist and pants at his knees with a rag on his head? Shit head.

Mexican with a tee shirt and a button up shirt just buttoned at the top? Shit head.

White guy with three teeth, a wife beater, and nascar/marlboro hat? Shit head.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want rascism, go read the Village Voice web site.  One of their latter stories is how white America refuses to learn to speak "ebonics" but is trying to learn Spanish. Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One of their latter stories is how white America refuses to learn to speak "ebonics".
View Quote

They can't say the MTV kids aren't trying though. Yo, fo'! Vaddap, mein Herr?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

I think that is how the old saying goes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a good test of will... try listening to the Tavis Smiley show on NPR (2 pm on 91.5 FM in Chicago) and see how much Kill Whitey you can stomach.

I think they're doing pledge drives this month... I should call in and demand that *they* pay *me* for the brief amounts of time I spent listening to that nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I get a great kick watching a bunch of white people tiptoe around the race issue...

"I'm not racist- my best friend is black... but today I was working by a welfare office, and I noticed..."

"I'm not racist, I treat everyone equally and I hate the Ku Klux Klan, but today, I was driving through a black neighborhood and noticed..."

It's hilarious to me.
It's like all the truisms about race that have no other outcome than "racism" are clashing with the antiracist programming everyone has been fed.

Throw in a few redneck comments, trailer park references, and a "I bet a black guy stole your girlfriend" drivel, and the cycle is complete.

But please, please.
By all means, continue.
I love this shit.
I really, really do.
View Quote

Hmmmm, could this be the reincarnation of I love Mclandon carrots ??
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's hilarious to me.

But please, please.
By all means, continue.
I love this shit.
I really, really do.
View Quote

Hmmmm, could this be the reincarnation of I love Mclandon carrots ??
View Quote

LOL!

And a 10 millie fan to boot!

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188144[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Hahahah.  I get such a laugh at seeing the GOP try to reach out to the black community, like they did at the 2000 convention.  What a lost cause.

Dan Quayle once said an unintentionally funny thing about this situation.  Someone asked him why the Republican party had abandoned black Americans.  He said "We didn't abandon them, they abandoned us!"  And it's true, isn't it? There's absolutely nothing the Republicans can do that will change the voting patterns of black people.  90% go Democrat.  Any outreach or addressing them is regarded with extreme suspicion and cynicism.  Well, if you dont vote Republican, why should they address your interest group's needs or concerns?  What are you going to do in retaliation? NOT vote GOP?  Stop donating to Republican candidates? I guess you can mark it up to Republican racism if you want.

The attitude in those callers' remarks was always "What can we get from the government?  We need help!  You need to help us! You dont help us because you're racist!"  Democrats are willing to pander to those sentiments and it pays off beautifully for them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
(DJ): "you know you are right about people being ignorant....in Africa we call people who can speak multiple languages 'multi-lingual', people who can speak two languages 'bi-lingual', and people who can only speak one language 'Americans'."
View Quote

Hahaha.  That old chesnut.  Let's be more like the Africans then, and eat midgets to gain magical powers. [url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-689516,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]
[x] I am trying so hard to keep my mouth shut. So I'll just animate this post to death. [+]:D] [}:D] [stick] [pound]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#24]
The qualifier-

Quoted:
given similar environment, education, cultural values and upbringing, that race is a predictor of any sort of behavior.
View Quote

negates the reality of the matter.
Races have clearly identifiable and distinct cultures that are the catalyst for their behaviors. Without getting into the too-taboo genetic disparities, your above caveat relies on the races being raised in similar environments, which just isn't the case.

I wish I had at my immediate disposal, but sadly is in Maryland where I am not, my Bill Bennett book that outlines the statistics of illegitimacy, crime (especially gun crime), and parental abandonment in the negro culture.
It's absolutely disgusting.
Now, you can try and circularly rationalize their inherent failures by saying the culture is a predicate for the behavior and the behavior defines the culture; I take a more simple and realistic view. That culture is a failure, and while it from time to time produces members that supercede their upbringing, pound for pound, it's worthless overall, as are the members it produces.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#25]
What do they call the Africans that still have slaves in Sudan?

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am very, very racist and I treat everyone based on their race.

I make no secrets about it.

There are good people and bad white people, but the bell curve tends to swing HEAVILY in their direction.
View Quote

That's your opinion bub...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#27]
When the cops get a report of a robbery and the description is a 6' black man with a blue sweatshirt, it is not discrimination to stop each 6' black man wearing a blue sweatshirt in the area. It is good police work. If there is one and the suspect is a 5'10" white male with short brown hair and a mustache, I expect to get stopped. Plain and simple.
View Quote

I agree, they should question those who are wearing the clothes that match that description, however, you and I both know most cops tend to stop all 6' black men...regaurdless of clothes worn.[;)]  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Next post from Merril_B:  "Why I love my Ruger carbine..."
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]
As a white man, I just get SO tired of everybody telling me what I am.  

According to liberals, since I am white, I am racist. Since I am Republican, I'm rich and cold-hearted.  Since I own guns, I am a crazed militia maniac.

I wonder if all of you who come down so hard on men like Merril_B who openly admit biases would do the same to the people on Chicago's radioland (to their face).  You see, any kind of pro-white attitudes must be stamped out immediately while it has become perfectly acceptable (and applauded) to bash white people openly.  

And if you bash white people just the right way like Chris Rock and Michael Moore do, you just might have the white morons both laughing at and resenting themselves and seeking to change.    
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And if you bash white people just the right way like Chris Rock and Michael Moore do, you just might have the white morons both laughing at and resenting themselves and seeking to change.    
View Quote

Michael Moore is an ass, period.

Chris Rock makes fun of black people too (much like Richard Pryor did) I don't care what he says as long as he mocks everyone equally.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]
ibtl
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess what really shocked me about the whole thing was the flat injustice of it.  I mean, if it was white people talking like that about blacks, there would be riots, media coverage, FBI investigations, elected representatives on TV decrying the racist attitudes, etc.  Talk about a double standard.  White people could never ever get away with what I heard yesterday morning.  

My conclusion is that they (the "activist" types who where calling in) don't want equality.  They don't want integration.  From what I heard on this program from plain everyday folks calling in, the more fair and colorblind our society has become, the more militant, irrational, and discordant they get.  They don't want to partake in a Constitutional Republic as an equal person to any other, free to make or break yourself and your life.  They want to be "privileged" and they want it all given to them because society "owes" it to them, vs. earning it like anybody else.

I also have to allow for the fact that the people I heard do not necessarily represent the whole of the black population, or even a majority.

But it was an eye opener.  No wonder idjits like "The Reverend" (yeah right) Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton continue to survive as political forces.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As a white man, I just get SO tired of everybody telling me what I am.  

According to liberals, since I am white, I am racist. Since I am Republican, I'm rich and cold-hearted.  Since I own guns, I am a crazed militia maniac.

I wonder if all of you who come down so hard on men like Merril_B who openly admit biases would do the same to the people on Chicago's radioland (to their face).  You see, any kind of pro-white attitudes must be stamped out immediately while it has become perfectly acceptable (and applauded) to bash white people openly.  

View Quote

^^ That about sums it up. Dont forget about he womens groups though... All men are evil, we are taking away their jobs... blah... blah... blah...

God forbid someday that we might say something in our defense. That would be "racist".
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I've said it before and I will say it again. If you want to be treated like an American act like an American. Not like a (insert race here) American! If you are born here, you are an American, and not a so and so American! I am not a Irish American, no more that a black man is a Afro American. That being said, I have several Black friends, but I know a lot of niggers! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! IBTL![smoke]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:37:56 AM EDT
[#35]
This applies to everyone, regardless of race.

When it comes to life, success must be earned again and again.  But an excuse is good for a lifetime.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I was really suprised (and disappointed) to hear that kind of crap.  Perhaps that says as much about me as it does them.  That's what I get for living in the sticks my whole life.  I have been ignorant to reality.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top