Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 3:28:46 PM EDT
Imagine the heart attck I gave  an otherwise good friend of mine whose only defect is his yellow dogged democrat leanings.  Please explain where the above statement is wrong, and no I am not advocating Nazism, only the fact that all the "New Deal" programs where never going to re-start the economy all  by their lonesome (and stop the dust bowl), but rearming and expanding the workforce in the capital industries did.  I need someone who knows this, but I am under the assumption that the top tax rates during WWII were and continued to be confiscatory, but the govt was spending money so fast that capital expansion did take place, even if "profits" were thin.  Of course I am open to counterarguments too.  good day and lets here it. edited to add Tojo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Duh.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
btt for the work guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top