Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 11:20:37 AM EDT
From a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Article:

[b]But Feinstein says the tougher bill will never pass, and worries that it will jeopardize the chances of her legislation gaining approval by splitting gun-control supporters in Congress. Feinstein said banning the import of large-capacity ammunition clips, which her bill would do, would fill [red]the main loophole[/red] in the 1994 law [/b]

CRC
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Aren't the importation of high capacity feeding devices already banned?  Where is that loopholed out?!

Where's the link to the complete article?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.post-gazette.com/nation/20030525assaultnat3p3.asp

CRC
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Why the hell is everything a loophole to them?

It is not like this is tax law where we asked them to add/subtract something from the bill so that what it does and what it appeasrs to do are seperate things.

Why can the bitch not learn to make well thought out laws that do what she wants them to do?

This loophole shit is just a gimmick to add crap on to a bill that would have made it not able to get through the congress to begin with.

BITCH!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody at Para Ordnance must have pissed her off.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Aren't the importation of high capacity feeding devices already banned?  Where is that loopholed out?!

Where's the link to the complete article?
View Quote

No Feinstein wants to stop the importation of the large capacity ammunition clips. I am willing to compromise. I can live without the high capacity clips as long as I can import magazines.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Somebody at Para Ordnance must have pissed her off.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Feinstein = Air waster
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering what would happen if they ban the importation of "clips". Theoretically if they did that, then you could still import mags as a big "fuck you!".

Personally, i think that would be funny as hell. That will give them a loophole to complain about ;)

Quoted:
No Feinstein wants to stop the importation of the large capacity ammunition clips. I am willing to compromise. I can live without the high capacity clips as long as I can import magazines.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top