Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 12:42:40 PM EDT
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12606[/img]

Someone photoshop this and f$%* her up nicely!!!

Anyway, this will be my Anti-PETA Thread!!!

I will say one thing to start it off:

Ingrid Newkirk would kill a human in order to save a rat or a squirrel.

I think she needs to be locked up and gang raped for 20 years three times daily, then tortured slowly, and then shot with ten (10) fully automatic .22LR gatling guns!

Damn, I hate her.... I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really REALLY HATE HER!!!! HULK NOW SMASH!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Child Abuse Case

PETA's McCruel Child Abuse   Debbie Schlussel

KEEP A CLOSE EYE on your kids and grandkids, this summer. PETA's out to get
them.

If you take your kids to McDonald's -- or even if they're just playing in
the schoolyard -- PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) wants
to traumatize them against meat, by giving them "Unhappy Meals."

In what is arguably its most outrageous campaign to date, PETA, the
so-called "animal rights group," will soon pass out a box of the most
sordid, disgusting "toys" imaginable to your youngsters. And they'll do so
behind your back.

In a sickening parody of the perennial McDonald's kids promotion, PETA
announced that it will go to schoolyards and McDonald's restaurant
playgrounds to hand kids a package containing a stuffed "Son of Ron"
doll --- a bloody Ronald McDonald wielding a bloody butcher's knife. The
"Unhappy Meal" box, which will be handed out to children while they are
playing in July and August, features a picture of a bloody, severed cow's
head and allegations that McDonald's is responsible for cruelty to animals
used for its food. Beneath the phrase "McCruelty to go" are descriptions of
chickens and pigs crammed in small spaces.

One leaflet features Ronald McDonald wielding a bloody knife over a chicken
he is about to kill, along with the phrase, "Son of Ron: America's #1 Serial
Killer." Another contains a picture of slaughtered pigs hanging upside-down,
with the slogan "Animals deserve a break today. McDonald's Cruelty to Go." A
more graphic photo features yet another bloody, severed cow's head--skinned,
hanging on a hook, and dripping with blood--asking, "Do you want fries with
that?"

PETA's press materials say the goal of this disgusting campaign is to get
kids to see "that Ronald McDonald isn't a clown, he's a murderer." And PETA
wants kids to "lose their lunch . . . about . . .McDonald's 'Happy Meals.'"
And, of course, the ultimate goal is to traumatize your child into becoming
a vegetarian.

No, you are not capable of teaching your five-year-old your values on the
ethics of cuisine. While you are ordering "fries with that," and little
Bobby and Susie are just behind you on the playground slide, they are about
to have their minds molested by the PETA thought police. The animal rights
stranger lurking behind the see-saw knows better than you what your child
should eat.

And while your children might once have thought Mr. McDonald, clowns, and
animals were cute and Big Macs were tasty, after PETA gets hold of your
kids -- regardless of your consent -- they will cry upon sight of any of
these items. The images of the bloody Mr. McDonald and the animals will be
forever ingrained in their minds.

The sad thing is that McDonald's is well known for doing a lot for kids and
communities, to little fanfare. Where is PETA, when it comes to helping
communities? And what if, G-d forbid, your child must go to the hospital for
a medical procedure? Will PETA help you with alternative accommodations,
when your traumatized child doesn't want you to stay at McDonald's bloody
mascot's Ronald McDonald House?

And you thought we were kidding!
PETA's risky arrogance in this latest campaign illustrates its desperation.
Its past campaigns have failed, and it must escalate its tactics to the
absurd and outrageous to try to get your attention. In 1996, PETA protested
McDonald's Happy Meals that featured a plastic toy from the Disney pig
movie, "Babe." No-one cared. The Babe Happy Meals were a hit, while PETA
mascot, "Petunia the Pig" was arrested. Yet, again, in 1999, PETA declared
as October as "Slam McDonald's" month. But nobody slammed McDonald's. They
ordered more Quarter Pounders and McNuggets than ever. And nobody paid
attention to PETA. PETA even tried to silence an opposing group, People
Eating Tasty Animals (my kind of group), in the courts, and it was
successful--preventing the group from using the same PETA acronym. Still,
no-one noticed.

Poor PETA. The group tried using sex, religion, beer, and fashion, and
still, no-one blinked. In May 1998, they paraded around the "Lettuce
Ladies," women wearing lettuce leaf bikinis, around Capitol Hill and
McDonald's locations across the country. Yet, they still couldn't get people
to shun "Micky D's" beef in favor of the veggie burgers these
alternatively-clad "ladies" were pushing.

Then, they tried to push the idea that eating meat causes male impotence.
Billboards featured a bikini-clad vegetarian woman dangling suggestive
sausages from her hand, saying, "I threw a party --- but the cattlemen
couldn't come." But men still ate beef. And Last year, they ran largely
ignored ads and billboards claiming "Jesus was a Vegetarian," and pushed
beer instead of milk, in a failed "Got Beer?" campaign. Earlier this year,
they protested leather pants at the Gap. But the Gap sold out of the item.

Most sane people are against animal cruelty. But that's not the same as
animal rights. The fact is, we're a carnivorous society. And while
vegetarianism may be a bigger fad, today, than it once was, we will always
eat meat. And we will always wear leather. And we will always prefer
experimentation on animals to that on ourselves and our children. That will
never change. And we will always resent PETA's efforts to not only interfere
with these facts of life, but also to make animal rights and lives supreme
to those of our own.

So, now, PETA's taking no prisoners. They're going after our kids. They want
to mold young minds early in the developmental stage of life. It may result
in lifetime fear of animals and clowns for your kids. But who at PETA cares
about ruining your child's psyche when the "supreme" goal of life without
meat might be achieved?

PETA's demented campaign is just another form of child abuse.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
PETA euthanized more than 1,000 animals last year
By MATTHEW BARAKAT
© 2000, Associated Press
RICHMOND -- It may seem surprising that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals -- a group that often comes to the defense of rats -- euthanized more than 1,300 cats and dogs last year.

But PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says it was the only humane thing to do.

Last year, the Norfolk-based animal-rights group took in 2,103 companion animals. It was able to find homes for 386, and put down 1,325. (Transfers and reclamations by owners accounted for most of the rest of the animals PETA took in.)

``It is a totally rotten business, but sometimes the only kind option for some animals is to put them to sleep forever,'' Newkirk said. ``I don't think a dog living in a cage walking in circles for the rest of its life in a dog prison is a swell thing.''

While several dozen shelters in Virginia have adopted a no-kill philosophy, PETA has not.

``It sounds lovely if you're naive,'' Newkirk said. ``We could become a no-kill shelter immediately. It means we wouldn't do as much work.''

Newkirk said PETA goes into bad neighborhoods and rescues animals that are unadoptable.

``Nobody wants most of the animals that we touch,'' she said.

But Terry Wagoner, president of the Animal Adoption and Rescue Foundation (AARF) in Richmond, said a no-kill philosophy is not as unattainable as detractors claim. AARF found homes for 1,062 cats and dogs last year. It euthanized none.

She acknowledged that some animals -- feral dogs, for example -- can be dangerous and are essentially unadoptable. But many other animals are written off prematurely, she said.

AARF has been able to adopt more animals than any other no-kill shelter in the state through an aggressive foster-care program, Wagoner said.

``It takes three things: money, adoptions and foster care,'' Wagoner said. ``It's not going to work without those three.''

Advocates on either side of the no-kill debate agree on the need for aggressive programs to get animals spayed and neutered.

AARF will not allow an animal that hasn't been fixed to be adopted, Wagoner said, and AARF will spay or neuter an animal as young as 12 weeks old.

Newkirk said there's a simple solution to the nation's pet overpopulation.

``We need to make it expensive to license an unsterilized dog or cat. ... We need to make it expensive to breed dogs and cats,'' she said. ``The program would pay for itself.''

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.fegan.net/petaimages/crown.gif[/img]

If a PeTA activist handed or tried to hand one to your child how would you respond?

[img]http://www.fegan.net/images/peta_and_greenpeace_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.consumerfreedom.com/images/ads/peta_and_greenpeace_2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
PeTA says this: What is animal rights? Animal rights means that animals deserve certain kinds of consideration--consideration of what is in their own best interests regardless of whether they are cute, useful to humans, or an endangered species, and regardless of whether any human cares about them at all (just as a retarded human has rights even if he or she is not cute or useful or even if everyone dislikes him or her). It means recognizing that animals are not ours to use--for food, clothing, entertainment, or to experiment on.

Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA national director and co-founder, put the matter bluntly by noting "6 million people die in concentration camps, but 6 billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses." That Newkirk is comfortable comparing the raising of chickens for food to the Holocaust illustrates the depravity of the animal rights extremists. Groups like PeTA take this misanthropy and run with it by working to ban all medical research involving animals.

It's a big thumbs up for singer Melissa Etheridge, who has withdrawn her public support of PETA. After hearing from AIDS research advocates, Ms.Etheridge told a reporter, "My father died of cancer and I've lost too many friends to AIDS, so I do believe in animals losing their lives to eradicate cancer and AIDS from our lives."
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quotes

---“PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich. "I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow,”

---"Our nonviolent tactics are not as effective. We ask nicely for years and get nothing. Someone makes a threat, and it works."
       - Ingrid Newkirk, President and Co-Founder of PETA

---PeTA co-founder Ingrid Newkirk once said even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, "we'd be against it."

---"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses."
      -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA, The Washington Post, November 13, 1983.

---"Humans have grown like a cancer. We're the biggest blight on the face of the earth." (Reader's Digest, June, 1990)

---"I wish we all would get up and go into the labs and take the animals out or burn them down."
      -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997

---“We’re reduced sometimes to doing stupid things to make serious points. Society doesn’t have the attention span it used to and we just have to put the animal’s plight in front of the public, come hell or high water,” Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA, tells ABC NEWS.

---"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."
      -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA

---"When it comes to feelings, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy."

---"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children."
      -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA, New York Times, January 14, 1989.

---"To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off."
      -- Bill Maher, PeTA celebrity spokesman

---"If the death of one rat cured all diseases, it wouldn't make any difference to me."
     -- Chris De Rose, Director, Last Chance for Animals

---"Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation."
   -- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

---"The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats ... If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek it with their own kind,"
   -- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
1 The animal rights movement goes too far. It's one thing to call for the humane treatment and harvest of animals. But to say that animals and humans are equal, to say that we have no right seeking cures for disease through animal research, is crossing the line from sane to the insane. People come first in every circumstance.  

2 The animal rights movement threatens mankind.  I am all for the ethical/humane slaughter of animals for food (Animal Welfare).  We need to put humanity first! Let's think about our fellow man and his welfare, and not some damned cow that I'm going to eat for dinner tomorrow night!

3 So you choose to be a vegetarian, or a vegan? Did you know you still cause the killing and exploitation of animals? Probably not.... Many rabbits, rats, prairie dogs, and birds are killed just to bring you your non meat products .  

4 Contrary to PeTA's belief Charles Darwin advocated animal research.
In a letter to a Swedish professor of physiology in 1881, Darwin wrote (1):

"I know that physiology cannot possibly progress except by means of experiments on living animals, and I feel the deepest conviction that he who retards the progress of physiology commits a crime against mankind."

The Life and Letters of Charles Darwin (1959) Darwin, Francis, ed. New York: Basic Books, Inc., 382-383.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The Virginian-Pilot
© February 6, 2003

Every so often, I violate my own policy against giving PETA -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals -- the publicity it desperately desires and doesn't deserve.
I do this whenever the Norfolk-based animal rights group does something so astonishing, it simply can't be ignored.

This is one of those times.

But our story doesn't begin in Norfolk. It begins in Israel.

On Jan. 26, a bomb exploded on the road between Jerusalem and the West Bank settlement of Gush Etzion.

As terror attacks go, this one was minor. Most of us didn't hear about it because, with the exception of one bus passenger treated for shock, no one was injured.

Thank God.

Palestinian terrorists delivered the bomb to its destination by donkey. They strapped explosives and a remote device to the animal and detonated the bomb by cell phone as an Israeli bus passed by.

The donkey, of course, was killed.

You know where this is going, don't you?

That's right. PETA, the group that never before expressed concern about the carnage in Israel, is suddenly outraged.

All because a donkey died.

Never mind that, according to the Israeli embassy, which keeps track of such grim statistics, 729 Israelis have perished in terrorist attacks since September 2000.

It took the death of a donkey for PETA to find its voice.

Leave the animals out of it, they cry.

Determined to make Hampton Roads look like a breeding ground for wackos to the rest of the world, PETA President Ingrid Newkirk this week fired off a fax to Yasser Arafat.

She began the letter with a polite salutation: ``Your Excellency.''

I can think of lots of titles for Arafat. Excellency isn't among them.

But I digress.

``. . . We have received many calls and letters from people shocked at the bombing . . . in which a live donkey, laden with explosives, was intentionally blown up.

``All nations behave abominably in many ways when they are fighting their enemies, and animals are always caught in the crossfire. The U.S. Army abandoned thousands of loyal service dogs in Vietnam. (Odd. No mention of our dead soldiers, MIAs, POWs or even loyal South Vietnamese allies who were left behind, but again, I digress.)

``Al-Qaeda and the British government have both used animals in hideously cruel biological weaponry tests.''

Brace yourselves. It gets worse.

``We watched on television as stray cats in your own compound fled as best they could from Israeli bulldozers''

Fleeing cats! PETA confronts the horror of war.

``Animals claim no nation. They are in perpetual involuntary servitude to all humankind, and, although they pose no threat and own no weapons, human beings always win the undeclared war against them. . . .

``If you have the opportunity,'' Newkirk beseeched Arafat, ``will you please add to your burdens my request that you appeal to all those who listen to you to leave the animals out of this conflict?'' In other words, Newkirk seems to be begging the Palestinians not to stop the slaughter, but rather to find a different delivery system for their bombs.

Appalling.

Perhaps Ms. Newkirk would prefer that the Palestinians used suicide bombers instead of burros. Oh, that's right, they usually do.

Lisa Lange, PETA's vice president of communications, told me yesterday that Newkirk's letter was written after their offices had been bombarded with calls from PETA members who had learned of the donkey bomb.

Lange said it's PETA's philosophy that human cruelty often begins with animal cruelty.

The Washington Post this week asked Ms. Newkirk if she had ``considered asking Arafat to persuade those who listen to him to stop blowing up people as well'' as animals.

Her response should be required reading for all would-be members of PETA:

``It's not my business to inject myself into human wars,'' Newkirk told the Post.

How does one respond to such moral ambiguity?

How about a body count of human bodies?

In January 2003 -- the month in which the donkey died -- 21 Israelis and eight foreign nationals were killed by terrorists in Israel, and 127 others were injured.
Arafat gets asinine plea from PETA on intefadeh

Yet PETA weeps for the ass.

Radio talk show host Tony Macrini got it right when he remarked recently that ``PETA'' was an acronym for ``People Embarrassing the Tidewater Area.''

One can only hope that Newkirk left off her Norfolk return address on that asinine letter to Arafat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Animal rights campaign compares murdered women to meat
Last Updated Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:17:24
VANCOUVER - A new ad campaign by an animal rights group compares the murder of women on a B.C. pig farm to the treatment of animals killed for food.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) says the full-page ad is a legitimate campaign, but the families of the murdered women say it's disgusting.

The Vancouver Province was to have run the ad Wednesday, but decided to pull it.

The ad featured a series of headlines describing the B.C. murder victims, who were drugged and slaughtered, their heads sawed off and their body parts refrigerated.

It doesn't refer specifically to accused killer Robert Pickton, but the allusions to the case are clear, referring to unconfirmed reports of body parts being found on Pickton's pig farm.

PETA says the comparison is justified.

"The grotesque tragedy of these poor women is similar to what happens to chickens, pigs and other animals every day," said Bruce Friedrich of PETA.

PETA issued a news release saying, "People who are appalled by Pickton's alleged acts think nothing of sitting down to a dinner featuring the cut-up bits of a tormented animal's body."

The ad ends with the words "If this leaves a bad taste in your mouth – become a vegetarian."

Jack Cummer, the grandfather of Andrea Joesbury, one of the women Pickton is accused of killing, says he's horrified by the ad.

"That is the most disgusting thing I've heard in my whole life," he said.

The families of the victims say PETA is exploiting the tragedy to further its cause.

"It's unethical in and of itself. It angers me, but it also saddens me," said Ernie Cray, whose sister Dawn has been missing for two years.

Written by CBC News Online staff

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
are you mad? Lol I agree but then again I could kick any peta pansy ass mother f$&#@er's ass so I have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Doggonit, nicely done.

These people are dangerous whack-jobs.

On a radio show she was asked, "if you were driving and there was a human baby and a squirrel in the road what would you do?"

After MUCH prodding she finally answered. She said she would swerve to avoid the squirrel.

Hey, I just thought of a new sig line.

Veal, cows havested at the peak of flavor.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
preach it man!

i hate enviro peta wackos
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Preachin' it I am, brotha!

Anyway, how about that photoshopped picture of her to grace my desktop???
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]
PETA

People Engaging in Terroristic-Acts for Animals.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/peta.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's what they look like:

[url]http://www.mccruelty.com/unhappy.html[/url]

LOL!!!!

I want one!

I think my kids would find it hilarious!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
THESE SICK ASSHOLES!!! Pigs are friends not food

WTF????? WHAT???? WHAT???

I am not f-ing feeding an f-ing dirty pig unless I can eat it later. I bet she would deny the millions of starving people a bite of chicken or pork if they would need that to not die. She is like Hitler, I want to do what Jesus threatened to do to Walter in 'The Big Lebowski'
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She is like Hitler, I want to do what Jesus threatened to do to Walter in 'The Big Lebowski'
View Quote

[img]http://www.virtualurth.com/pages/cez/lebowski2.gif[/img]

great movie
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder how much lead she was exposed to as a child?  
PETA has been funnelling money to the Earth Liberation Front/Animal Liberation Front groups for years.  These are people who have destroyed the property of private businesses and even Government facilities.  They've also threatened to start shooting people.  WTF aren't these people on some sort of terrorist watch list?

BTW, if I catch some sick asshole giving my kids an Unhappy Meal I'm going to make him and his cause famous.  And then I'm going to make him/her eat a double quarter pounder with cheese by ramming it down their throats.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Heres my try at photochopping her.  [img]http://home.twcny.rr.com/peetmoos/kickcat.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12606[/img]

[b]CAUTION, NOT EATING MEAT WILL MAKE YOU VERY FUCKING UGLY!!!!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I'D HIT IT!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#22]
UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A CLUB OF SOME SORT !!! [lol]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top