Posted: 5/23/2003 12:49:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
How about some history on this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
MOJO!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! I haven't heard of that in soooooo long. Memories flowing back now...Too bad this new generation of Marines (and Navy guys too) won't be able to sample this fine (UGH) drink in it's proper setting. Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]MOJO![/B]

Damn...THAT brings back some memories.

-Grande Island

-Baguio

-"Cubi O'Club!" (Taxi talk...)

-Driving down that hill from the club to the airfield totally wasted with the CO in the back drunk too!

-"Benictican"  (More taxi radio chatter...)

-ALL the clubs along Magsaysay [;D]

-The gator and the duckies

-San Magoos

-Curfew

-Shackin' up

-[b]Don't BUTTERFLY![/B]

-Don't VEX your hooker.  (See butterfly above.)  If you "vex" her...she takes lots of your money in the Olangapo Court.

-Shit River

-Typhoon Pat

and...[b]LBFMs![/b] [sex]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
[booze]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
holy shit Locke you just brought back a shitload of good memories from Subic !!

i remember making mojo with the boys: we'd go to Servmart and grab a new 30 gal garbage can, all the booze u can buy, Hawaiian punch, pineapple chunks in a can, cherries, mixed fruit in a can, pour it all in, taste as you go along---and when it tasted good----->well, that was mojo!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
holy shit Locke you just brought back a shitload of good memories from Subic !!

i remember making mojo with the boys: we'd go to Servmart and grab a new 30 gal garbage can, all the booze u can buy, Hawaiian punch, pineapple chunks in a can, cherries, mixed fruit in a can, pour it all in, taste as you go along---and when it tasted good----->well, that was mojo!
View Quote

Are there any BAD memories from Subic?  Well...maybe just a couple.

I remember working all day, running a couple of miles in the early evening out by CTF 73 and the carrier pier then back.  Cooling down and hitting the town.

Way back when...and this will date me for sure,  E-6 and below had to wear dress liberty uniform AND we had Cinderella liberty.  For us that meant whites.  The problem with was the girls KNEW who had the $$$ because CPOs and officers could wear civvies and stay out all night.  What a f'ing racket that was for them!  There was no sidewalk (later there were boardwalks) in Olangapo then and our whites got a permanent light brown cuff from the dust and mud.  Years later, the locals put in real sidewalks and we all got to shack up all night but the streets had to be clear NLT 2345.
I HATED pulling shore patrol there.  The worst I ever had was as the jailor.  Lucky me...I had the pleasure of meeting and greeting every single blown away, doped out, strung out, whacked out, pissed off, drunken swab and jarhead picked up by the hardhats.  Trust me...that job SUCKED.  I remember one dude that screamed all night long over the whore who had dumped his doper, drunken psychotic ass.

BTW...kpel's gif says it ALL!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
That's LBFMPBR's.  (powered by rice)
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
WOP
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Estafa - Criminal failure to pay debts, debt being defined as anything they might decide you owe them based on something stupid you said or didn't read in the dark.

Verbal defamation of Character - Calling a slut a slut is illegal.  Just because it's true doesn't mean you can't get charged, rapidly leading to Estafa too.

Shirts must be buttoned, no bare chests.

San Miguels, Kongs, Michael Taylors, New Jolo's,

T-shirts - Gotta find it and post it here, brought back a Bert and Ernie Sniper Team with an M-16 for my boys.  Drove the wife's liberal schoolteacher Aunt absolutely nuts.

Standing Shore Patrol regularly had a few benefits.  You got to meet the bar owners and Mama Sans and the off duty nights you didn't get hassled if you were cool.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Mojo,

Tastes great you can drink it all night as long as you never have to stand up.  Then it hits you with the full effect.  84-90 Many, many weeks in Subic.  I read all of the collection of memoirs they are all painfully familiar.  The most fun had to be throwing coins into Shit River and watching the divers, and trike races through the barrio berretta.  The hundreds of clubs visited, and my very first time in Subic a trip to Marilyn's in Subic city.  Smiles for all the lads... Rebel
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the memory jogger.  We hung out at a dive called "Charlie's" and then went drifting from there.  Some of those bands were excellent!  I remember being in some upstairs bar drinking MOJO with the guys listening to a band play Smoke On The Water better than Deep Purple!

Lady's Drinks and Lover's Drinks...NSU!

The race riots in the early 70's.  

Butterfly knives.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell yeah, gonna re-live the Sin-ville (Kinville) days on da rock.

Used to work at the range on Camp Hansen, Oki.

Spent many a night on my lips thanks to that stuff.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WOP
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking too. Havent had wop in a long time. Have to mix some up next weekend for a pool party
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#17]
maybe the local bands in Subic were really good, or maybe i was just really drunk, but DAMN they played good, rowdy rock and roll in those clubs. i even commented to one of the guys that the bands sound better than the original! im sure alcohol had a part in it.  

any of you guys remember the first club in Magsaysay that had a mechanical bull? i can't think of the name right off hand.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to hang out at "100% rock and roll" on the right side of the street a couple of blocks from shit river.  Great band.  I don't even try to describe what Olangapo was like to my friends.  You can't understand if you weren't there.  I was there once in the early 80's (iran iraq war) when two carrier battle groups, one battleship group (Missouri) and two marine amphibious groups arrived in port the same day after three months ar sea.  It was the wildest night I HAVE EVER SEEN!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Some of the bands were really really good.  You remember the Marines that found the youngest ugliest girls to take home?  What were they thinking?

I used to go back on Reserve ATs to the MSC hq and one of our senior civilians had a bar in the barrio.

Kinda funny you're at a gathering of some kind and somebody mentions Subic and some other guys eyes will glaze over and he gets a funny look and then his wife asks him why he's smiling that way.  WHOOPS
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top