Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 9:21:28 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking abt getting a .308 precision rifle, something like the SR-25.  Is the Knights SR-25 really worth the price difference over an Armalite?  I know, a bolt gun will be more accurate than a semi-auto, so please don't start that discussion.

I'd like to hear from the folks that have shot both.

Thanks,
ISMO
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the "AR15" section; check out the AR10/AR180 forum for a recent related topic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/sr25var10/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun Test Reports did a comparison with those 2 and a DSA FAL.  They rated the FAL best due to low price.  The AR10 was also a "buy" because it was more accurate but a couple hundred more.  The SR25 was the most accurate but not worth the extra 1/2" over the AR10 for nearly twice the price.

If you search enough it's posted some place on the net but I forget where.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Read the AR10 forum. It seems that custom AR10's are now capable of winning shoots against bolts.  A factory armalite is probably not as accurate as a factory SR25. A  custom   AR10 has the potential to be as accurate as anything out there, and still cost less than the SR25. The DPMS is another option as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on my experience only, my SR-25 RAS Match (with Obermeyer Military Match bbl) has outshot all AR-10s at my range, including the AR-10(T).  My Stoner routinely gets .5 MOA (when more experienced users shoot it--I'm still a rifle newbie).  Plus, the fit and finish of the SR-25 is far superior to that of the AR-10 (again, this is MHO only).  Here's a pic:

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/109185/NVPUNKOEUO-DNDLRRRXEOBCXVFZKCKQ-Knight's SR-25 RAS Match 1.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top