Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 7:13:15 AM EDT
Just got the call from the Officer recruiter dude. It's official: NOBODY can find them. (My test and 2 others from folks that tested later in the week...)

It's not like they had to do anything fking difficult, like teach our nation's children to read! WTF!

I have already called my congressman, and given them the phone number of the testing center. They are going to call and ask why they have a habit of losing controlled material.

Anyone have any other ideas? I want these fkers HEADS TO ROLL. I don't have time to fiddle fk around all day taking a stupid standardized test!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If you called your Congressman over this....

...it would probably be best if you chose a career other than the Armed Forces.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Why dont you take the test over again, you big baby.  If it's all standardized, your score should be close to the score on the lost test.  Sure it's a pain, but what else can you do?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
So...a government agency fucked up??

Who'd a thunk it??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, get a grip.[rolleyes]
With that kind of attitude, there is no way in hell any of my fellow USAF SNCOs would want to work for if you ever do get your commission!
Those NCOs at the test center (I assume it's the one at Maxwell AFB) process thousands of tests.  Unfortunately, some of them might get temporarily misplaced.
My advice:  be patient and retake the test if you have to...you can only improve your test score, right??? I mean you have already seen the test once!
And as far as getting your Congressman involved--bad call.  
Don't waste your silver bullet on something trivial like this.

I have already called my congressman, and given them the phone number of the testing center. They are going to call and ask why they have a habit of losing controlled material.
View Quote

Just for your info, the test itself is a controlled item, not your completed answer sheet.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that so bad? So now you take the test over again with the added advantage of knowing the questions in advance (assuming they don't give you a different test).
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Mugzilla, dont be such a bloody wanker, Im active duty AF and Ive seen it where records of all kinds have gotten lost. One person I know had their whole personal information file lost. I know another guy whose entire retirement package got lost and they suggested he stay on active duty until the problem gets solved. He said "Fuck NO" and said if the package wasnt rebuilt by the day of his retirement he wasnt going to show up anymore and hed consider any pay he got a gift. That shit was corrected in a hot minute. Take the fucking ASVAB again and stop being a baby, besides if you're going to bitch about test scores going missing, you'd sure have a shock about some things that go on in the AF. So cowboy up and be a fucking man.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]
[LOLabove]
Let me guess, you have to be a cop!!!

Mugzilla sounds like some of my cry-baby officer customers I get once in a while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[LOLabove]

Mugzilla sounds like some of my cry-baby officer customers I get once in a while.
View Quote

NO, not a cop. I am a veteran though, and have a strong desire to do another 12 years to get my 20.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...ASVAB again ...
View Quote

Nope, not the ASVAB. The AFOQT.

If this attitude would hurt an air force person's feelings, I should probably look to another branch.

Yes, I will probably test again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[LOLabove]

View Quote

NO, not a cop. I am a veteran though, and have a strong desire to do another 12 years to get my 20.
View Quote

Sorry,
My cop question was directed at DefensorFortis.

If you had twelve years in, whatever service you were in should have taught you to not cry over spilled milk.
As far as feelings being hurt--hardly likely.
We are taught to be like ducks--just let it roll off your back like water.  We don't take it personal--even if it's meant to be.  I think that is what is part of being a professional--don't you???
By the way, did you ask your recruiter about the age limit involved in OTS?
I assume you are under the max age.
[:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got the call from the Officer recruiter dude. It's official: NOBODY can find them. (My test and 2 others from folks that tested later in the week...)

It's not like they had to do anything fking difficult, like teach our nation's children to read! WTF!

Anyone have any other ideas? I want these fkers HEADS TO ROLL. I don't have time to fiddle fk around all day taking a stupid standardized test!
View Quote

You are definitely well suited for USAF.  I'd stay away the Marines though.  Wait until they lose your medical record just before deployment in a few years.  With your attitude I can just about guarantee that it will happen.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Id like to see what would happen if they lost his shot record and they make him get all of his shots over again. Ive seen it happen.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#14]
As a medic, I used to see a lot of shot records just "disappear" from asshole's medical records. Wierd how only the assholes were the ones to have their records "misplaced" and have to get all the shots again. [;)]

another good reason to make personal copies for yourself and keep them in a safe place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I have noticed how records seem to get misplaced at the most inopportune time.  I keep copies of EVERYTHING that requires my signature or could be pivotal in my career (got a filing cabinet from hell).  Got a copy of my shot record and most medical files.   During the processing of my security clearance, it went up missing and I had to do a new SF86, as you know that is many many hours of research and typing, these knuckle heads still can't find my rifle qual card.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am a veteran though, and have a strong desire to do [red]another 12 years[/red] to get my 20.
View Quote

Quoted:

If you had twelve years in,
View Quote

You know TennVol the reading comprehension on this site is going down hill fast.
That would make 8 years he was already in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Was it lost, or was it "lost"?

"damnedest thing officer candidate, we have your SECOND test, but now your physical results are missing... must've got misplaced during the Congressional Investigation...."
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a veteran though, and have a strong desire to do [red]another 12 years[/red] to get my 20.
View Quote

Quoted:

If you had twelve years in,
View Quote

You know TennVol the reading comprehension on this site is going down hill fast.
That would make 8 years he was already in.
View Quote

My bad,
I guess those extra four years (or was it three, no maybe it was five, oh shit, whatever, I only have 10 fingers to use!) I credited him would have made him less of a whiner!
In the AF, you have to be an officer to be allowed to count.  
I guess that's why I was never able to make it as an officer!
Thanks for the math lesson anyway.
I'll sleep better tonight with my new-found knowledge!
[banana]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, if you're seriously looking to join the Air Force, or any other branch of the military, get fucking used to it!  You're pissed about test scores?[:O]  Wait until you turn in a $10,000 travel voucher and they underpay your government card buy 1500 bucks.  Or wait until you submit your voucher and they lose that.  Then the way you find out is Bank of America starts calling wanting their 1500 bucks.  

[rolleyes]Deal with it!  I hope your congressmen calls you back and tell you to suck it up and take the stupid test over![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a medic, I used to see a lot of shot records just "disappear" from asshole's medical records. Wierd how only the assholes were the ones to have their records "misplaced" and have to get all the shots again. [;)]

another good reason to make personal copies for yourself and keep them in a safe place.
View Quote

Lesson learned early in my career:  NEVER piss off the personnelmen/yeomen, the disbursing clerks, or the docs.  They can hurt you SO BAD!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Was unemployed for a while, well I still am.  So I decided to join the air force.  Did my ASFAB and signed the papers.  Then after telling them a hundred times I was in the army before, and having prior service written all over a few forms they told me they were not taking any one from the army.  At least they screwed you in the beginning instead of screwing you mid process.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I had to call my Congresscritters ("the silver bullet") when I had completed my contract with the AF and separating to enter a physician assistant postgraduate program.

Some twit at the base CBPO (personnel office) marked my paperwork for a regular separation, which required a six-month notice, as opposed to separation for educational reasons, which only required a three-month heads-up.  I had even included a letter specifying that I was leaving to go back to school - I guess they never read it.

The problem was that the program started on July 5th, and I discovered the paperwork f**k-up in March.

The personnel guys at my base and at the central AF personnel office in San Antonio said, "Too bad", and essentially told me to suck it up and separate in September.

Seeing that I was getting out of the AF anyway, I wrote my representative and senator.  Apparently, the armed services liaison officers attached to Congress have to reply to Congressional inquiries within 48 hours.

I received a very nice phone call two days later from an LTC in San Antonio asking me when I would like to separate.  I chose July 4th as a very appropriate date to celebrate my "independence."

Mugzilla, I understand your frustration at these twits, but calling down massed artillery fires for this situation (as FUBAR'd as it is) might not be conducive to your future career.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[LOLabove]

View Quote

He pegged you good Eric.  Our attitudes must give us away.  [baby]      [50]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey, if you're seriously looking to join the Air Force, or any other branch of the military, get fucking used to it!  You're pissed about test scores?[:O]  Wait until you turn in a $10,000 travel voucher and they underpay your government card buy 1500 bucks.  Or wait until you submit your voucher and they lose that.  Then the way you find out is Bank of America starts calling wanting their 1500 bucks.  

[rolleyes]Deal with it!  I hope your congressmen calls you back and tell you to suck it up and take the stupid test over![rolleyes]
View Quote

Yeah or wait until you get back from a TDY and you have been waiting for offical orders for two months so you can turn in a travel voucher.
I am still waiting and so is DefensorFortis.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't help but wonder, Mugzilla.

This pity party isn't exactly going the way you'd hoped, is it?

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I can sympathize but Mugz youu shot the wad.

Just in case you guys didnt know the AFOQT takes about 8 hours to do... I can understand not wanting to do it again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Coming back from the Gulf War 1 the Personnel Support Center clowns kept screwing up my flight arrangements.  I think they were doing it by committee.  So a few days before I was supposed to fly home I went to PSC Friday at 1330 and the only person available was an E-2, well it was working hours and well after lunch.  He let slip that everybody was gone to a special lunch and likely wouldn't be back till Monday.  So there isn't anybody between you and the PSC CO that can help, "No, sir" I guess you'ld have to talk to him".  Well dummy that I am, I called the CO and explained that the young fella at the desk said to call him because everybody else was at a party.  The PSC was 50 miles and about a two hour trip from where I was stationed.  So he asked me to go back and he would make sure it got taken care of.  Well I had phone messages from the E-5, E-6 E-8 and O-3 when I got back to my room.  Called the O-3 explained to her what the problem was, that I had been working to get it fixed for a week and it was still being done wrong.  She promised me that she would have my tickets in hand that day.  She got them to me and I showed her they still were sending me to where I didn't want to go and not where I had asked, had orders to and confirmed in my phone call with her and her boss both.  I don't know what happened but I had the O-3 at my door on Saturaday at 0900 with the right tickets.  I spect the E-2 will never again tell anybody to call the CO.  Hopefully the Ticket folks will learn to read the requests.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
If something like this upsets you then a career anywhere with our federal goverment may not be a good choice for you. Being an Army vet and a postal employee I can tell you this ain't jack schmidt. Calling your congresscritter may help you now but your name will be on a list forever afterwards.
I did have to go through congress and the pentagon after the gulf war (stage 1). I would advise doing everything you can to solve the problem locally first. Then when nothing can be done and your CO tells you your only hope is writing those letters and making those calls then do so. This way you have their blessing rather than their spite.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#29]
1996 I was in Germany for a year with my guard unit, all the cops (civvie type) who needed to go home kept getting orders for OCS, so I asked for some too.

The made me take the officer test at the katterbach testing center (no ACT back then) and I scored so high they kept me there to check my score and make sure I wasn't cheating. That went on for an entire day.

Then the guard told me I would have to sign up for another 4 years and get yelled at for a year and a half, one weekend per month.

I just did my time and went to law school instead. Then there was the former CO who I actually respected who tried to get me to take a direct commission....he was a lawyer too and he went off about how he was screwing the troops who wanted legal advice by refering them in return for cash payments....
I am not in the guard today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top