Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 5:09:16 PM EDT
As much as I or anyone else here would like to see the AW ban expire, I look at it as more than just being able to put a flash suppressor on my post-ban or being able to buy 30 rd mags at LEO prices. For myself, the real satisfaction of having the ban expire would be it's significance in handing the anti-gun clods a crushing defeat. The AW ban is their defining moment. Losing the AW ban would be a serious setback from which they'd never recover.  It's not about magazine capacity or collapsible stocks. It's about reputation and saving face. They know fully well that if they can't win on their number one issue, what chance do they have of gaining even lessor legislation?

Although sadly, they'd still be around as a minor irritant (like a bad case of foot fungus which never completely goes away), their mewlings would be a mockery heard only by the  brain washed "victims" and narrow minded soccer moms that stubbornly believe in the lies and misinformation.

They might rise every now and then to bark at the moon or spew some apoplectic bug-eyed anti-gun spittle, but at least we'd have the satisfaction of taking away from them what they'd cherished most. That alone is worth more than adding on any cosmetic feature.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to kill the joy but I have a sneaking suspicion the magazine restrictions will somehow get through.  While the cosmetic features may slide, the perceived threat the antis have from high-caps is emotionally to great.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to agree and say the ban never bothered me about the features that were and are lost, (a little)
To me the ban was and still is about the freedom's we lost to the bleeding heart liberals who for their own reasons see guns as evil and the people who own them just as evil.

The ban to them is about controlling "us" and telling us that we have to think like them and be prepared to die unarmed in our beds like fucking sheep!

I have talked with enough of these liberals here in New Jersey to know it's about their own fears of what they might do if they had a gun or the thoughts they have of a perfect world according to them where no one has a gun.

How can any intelligent person believe that if guns are completely outlawed that there will be no more guns, a criminal by definition is someone who does not obey the law in the first place so how can these morons think they would start now?

Anti gun laws only serve criminals, they love anti gun laws and laugh at these idiots and look at them like the prey that they are.
(rant over)
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hate to kill the joy but I have a sneaking suspicion the magazine restrictions will somehow get through.  While the cosmetic features may slide, the perceived threat the antis have from high-caps is emotionally to great.
View Quote

Funny you should say that. I had the very same thought a few days ago. The hi-cap thing seems to be the real common denominator when they go on about "devestaing firepower" and "police being ougunned". Yet, when they look to assign blame, they bring up Malvo and Muhammed's use of a Bushmaster. Their argument is contradictory to their concerns. The two dirtbags could have just as easily used a FAB-10 or bolt action
Remington with equal (perhaps more damaging) results.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
For myself, the real satisfaction of having the ban expire would be it's significance in handing the anti-gun clods a crushing defeat.
View Quote

I agree wholeheartedly (although being able to put a PG on a Saiga shotgun or an underfolder on an SAR are not insiginficant rewards in themselves!).

Next, we need to work on repealing the "Sporting Purposes" nonsense in the GCA of '68.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Next, we need to work on repealing the "Sporting Purposes" nonsense in the GCA of '68.
View Quote

We need more of you Texicans in Congress. [:)]

[url]http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.153:[/url]

H.R.153
Title: To restore the second amendment rights of all Americans.
Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 1/7/2003)

SEC. 4. REPEAL OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL DISTINCTION.

(a) Section 201 of title 11 of Public Law 90-618 is amended by striking `which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes,' and `which the owner intends to use solely for sporting
purposes.'

(b) Public Law 90-351, as amended, is amended as follows: (1) In section 902, strike `which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes, which the owner intends to use solely for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes,' `a projectile which the Secretary finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes,' `devoted to the collection,
competitive use, or other sporting use of firearms in the community, determined by the Secretary of the Treasury to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes and,' `(A) determined by the Secretary to be generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes, or determined by the Department of Defense to be a type of firearm normally classified as a war souvenir, and (B),' `and is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily  adaptable to sporting purposes,' and `provided that such handguns are generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes,'.

(2) Strike `lawful sporting purposes' and insert in lieu thereof `lawful purposes'.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at it this way, Pro-gunners are currently in a defensive position. If this one is won, not only will the gun-grabbers be porced onto the defense, but pro-gunners will have a latest victory.

What i'm trying to say, is that if we can win this one, that will mean that there's enough power to push some more pro-gun stuff through, possibly even a repeal or two with some effort.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The hi-cap magazine ban is part of the current AW ban.  When that ban expires, so does the hi-cap mag ban.   It's just that simple.

Not so much as a new ban on hi-cap mags only will be able to get passed.

After the ban sunsets,  look for initiatives to start up to try to get other gun laws repealed.  Some will pass, eventually.

For now, at least, the tide has turned in our favor, but this could change if we slack off..so don't slack off!  Keep your congresscritters on their toes!

CJ
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#8]
so....get off your butt and right some letters.  put a stamp on them and send them.  it's not too hard.  i did it.

and it doesn't hurt to give this number a call, either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
"LoginName"

I agree.

Its a reminder to the antigunners that the antigunners lost in 2000 and 2002.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps this will be the Grabber's Gettysburg?

Combined with 911, hopefully this can break the back of the antis.  Time to send off another set of letters
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Its just sad that only horrible events like 911 are what may turn these laws around in the end... Its exactly what happened in Israel (IIRC, terrorists would just open fire in public places with machineguns, due to that families weren't just allowed, but mandated to own weapons).
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Haha, this sounds just like someone over on DU (DirtySanchez). I'm starting to think that there's more of us there than there is them. We (ComplimentarySwine) should just all start meeting at DU whenever ARFCOM goes down...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1954.html#13 <-- Cold link
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think that there's more of us there than there is them.
View Quote

Has a 5th column been established?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For myself, the real satisfaction of having the ban expire would be it's significance in handing the anti-gun clods a crushing defeat.
View Quote

Amen.

The AW ban is their defining moment. Losing the AW ban would be a serious setback from which they'd never recover.
View Quote

Oh, how I wish that would prove to be true!

Although sadly, they'd still be around as a minor irritant (like a bad case of foot fungus which never completely goes away), their mewlings would be a mockery heard only by the  brain washed "victims" and narrow minded soccer moms that stubbornly believe in the lies and misinformation.
View Quote

I'm afraid that's how they got the current ban instituted in the first place...

They might rise every now and then to bark at the moon or spew some apoplectic bug-eyed anti-gun spittle, but at least we'd have the satisfaction of taking away from them what they'd cherished most. That alone is worth more than adding on any cosmetic feature.
View Quote

No doubt. I CAN'T WAIT to log on to DUh on that great day. Hell, I might even register just to send them a love letter! Sure it'll get banned, but at least two or three Liberal shits will have to read it and get indigestion before I go down laughing hysterically.

In the meantime, stock up on hi-caps! You can always sell them later if no new ban arrives!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#15]
"The AW ban... more than just flash suppressors and hi-cap mags"

Right.  Bayonet lugs also.  Musn't forget those.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top