Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 4:53:12 PM EDT
Let's say I have a pistol in bright stainless, and I wish it were something a LITTLE more tactical, even just brushed, stainless. Can the finish be changed? Or do I just have to get used to it?

(This gun has tremendous sentimental value to me. I could never sell or trade it.)
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My Ar10A4 came with a very bright stainless barrel.Not very tactical.a few minutes with a brillo pad gave it a very nice,non shiney brushed look.If that's not what you want try these people,they do very nice work.....

[url]www.bearcoat.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this just gives you an excuse to buy a new toy in the finish you want [:D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just get the pistol bead blasted and you will have a very matte finish then.  That would be the easiest way I think.  You can always get the pistol refinished with any number of high tech finishes from NP3 to Birdsong's Black T finish if you want to.  How much do you want to spend and what color do you want it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sent my stainless 1911 slide to a shop in arizona $25 and I will have it back in 2 weeks or less. any color you could want.

give this guy a look see.   macsshootiniron.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top