Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2003 2:22:59 PM EDT
We got lucky BIGTIME!

[URL]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/123188_machinegun22ww.html [/URL]

CRC
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They should take that punk back to the police station and beat the kid silly with that same gun.

He'll probably end up with a slap on the wrist and a sealed juvi record.

Then when he finally kills somebody he'll plead insanity.

This is another case for retroactive abortion.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
He didnt do anything with it....yet

We should defend his [b]God Given Right[/b] to own automatic weapons, just like the iraqi people...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We should defend his [b]God Given Right[/b] to own automatic weapons, just like the iraqi people...
View Quote
not to have it at school....something stupid like that happening is the one thing that could give the AWB renewal momentum
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
5 will get you 10, it was a plant
1 will get you 10, some asshole will claim this is a good reason to extend the AWB
This kid needs to be shot
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please tell me your kidding, or is the most obvious form of idiocy?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Please tell me your kidding, or is the most obvious form of idiocy?
View Quote

I was in high sarcasm mode after the reaming I got for wanting to disarm Iraqis.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#9]
the kids always get caught because they have to show off their cool gun.

What is a mac 10? what country makes it as I remember it looks like a real boxy uzi?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
So... Mr Deputy Dog [b]Knows[/b] it's a real Mac-10 !?

[bs]

Lets SEE it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
A real MAC 10  was mfgd. by
Military Armament Corporation.
Stephevensville TX and Powder Springs GA.

Yes they look sort of like a "boxy Uzi".
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How directly the fuck did this kid get a Mac-10??

Shit, I can't even get a goddamn handgun without signing away my fingerprints, soul, firstborn, and dna sample, and this kid's wandering around with a Mac-10?

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How directly the fuck did this kid get a Mac-10??

Shit, I can't even get a goddamn handgun without signing away my fingerprints, soul, firstborn, and dna sample, and this kid's wandering around with a Mac-10?

View Quote

Could it be the "Black Market" that supposedly does not exist?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
We cannot assume that the MAC-10 reported is a machine gun.  More likely it was a semi-auto version of the MAC, which doesn't have a collapsable stock and is classified as a pistol.  Sure makes for good headlines to call it a "machine gun", though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#15]
It wasnt me, I swear!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone checked Bullseye gun shop in Tacoma for any missing Mac-10's? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#19]
In MY UTOPIA, the public school system would have manditory classes on firearms and firearm safty.  It would also be optional for all H.S. students who passed some sort of test (written, oral, and phyisically shooting the weapon) to be CCW.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We cannot assume that the MAC-10 reported is a machine gun.  More likely it was a semi-auto version of the MAC, which doesn't have a collapsable stock and is classified as a pistol.  Sure makes for good headlines to call it a "machine gun", though.
View Quote

An even better question -- was it a registered Mac 10?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#22]
[url=http://www.king5.com/topstories/NW_052203WABgunseized.44d143c9.html]Loaded machine gun seized at school
[img]http://www.king5.com/topstories/L_IMAGE.f50d2f5beb.93.88.fa.7c.45337527.jpg[/img][/url]

This is supposed to be a photo of the actual item - is this enough for any of the resident MAC experts to identify it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[url=http://www.king5.com/topstories/NW_052203WABgunseized.44d143c9.html]Loaded machine gun seized at school
[url]http://www.king5.com/topstories/L_IMAGE.f50d2f5beb.93.88.fa.7c.45337527.jpg[/url][/url]

This is supposed to be a photo of the actual item - is this enough for any of the resident MAC experts to identify it?
View Quote

Yup, closed bolt SEMI AUTO POST BAN pistol.

Probably a 9mm so not even a true 10 which are .45.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]http://www.king5.com/topstories/L_IMAGE.f50d2f5beb.93.88.fa.7c.45337527.jpg[/url][/url]

View Quote

Yup, closed bolt SEMI AUTO POST BAN pistol.

Probably a 9mm so not even a true 10 which are .45.
View Quote

Thanks, Steyr.  Standard Operating Procedure for the media... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In MY UTOPIA, the public school system would have manditory classes on firearms and firearm safty.  It would also be optional for all H.S. students who passed some sort of test (written, oral, and phyisically shooting the weapon) to be CCW.
View Quote

Thank god we don't live in your Utopia.  A high school kid can't handle some beers and an automobile.  What's going to happen when we put guns in their hands?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank god we don't live in your Utopia.  A high school kid can't handle some beers and an automobile.  What's going to happen when we put guns in their hands?
View Quote

They'd shoot the drunk drivers?

Not too long ago schools DID teach shooting and firearms safety.

The problem ISN'T guns, it's kids. Back when we had these things called "responsible parents" who raised kids rather than trusting Sesame Street and public schools to do it for them you could have guns in schools. Of course back then if you were a piece of shit gang banging drug dealer they kicked you OUT of school.

Then in the 70-80s welfare Mom's got sick of their juvenile delinquent kids sitting around the house and making too much trouble for them to watch Oprah in peace. That resulted in various "Get them off the streets" programs. Only rather than put them in a juvenile detention facility they put them in with the mostly "good kids" in school.

Now they are all mostly Jerry Springer candidates because the "good kids" got sick of getting their ass beat every day because they weren't drug dealing piece of shit gang bangers. And who the hell can really learn anything when you are going to school with fucking Crips?

As a result you cannot trust todays kids with a fucking spork, let alone a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm surprised at all of the anti-gun responses here. Would it make any difference to you guys if the "kid" was a college student carrying a Glock on a college campus?

Not too long ago, everyone was talking about how there's no such thing as a "gun-free safe-zone" and now everyone's mad that this kid had the good sense to want to protect himself from another Columbine?

Sure, I recognize that this kid could have been on his was to [i]start[/i] a mass shooting, but, keep in mind, this [i]is[/i] "the media" that we're hearing this from. Do you think that they would give any one of us a fair story if we were caught carrying in a "safe-zone?"
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm surprised at all of the anti-gun responses here. Would it make any difference to you guys if the "kid" was a college student carrying a Glock on a college campus?

Not too long ago, everyone was talking about how there's no such thing as a "gun-free safe-zone" and now everyone's mad that this kid had the good sense to want to protect himself from another Columbine?

Sure, I recognize that this kid could have been on his was to [i]start[/i] a mass shooting, but, keep in mind, this [i]is[/i] "the media" that we're hearing this from. Do you think that they would give any one of us a fair story if we were caught carrying in a "safe-zone?"
View Quote

Yep, it would make a HELL OF A LOT OF DIFFERENCE if it was a college student, because then there would at least be a possibility that it was LEGALLY OWNED by him.
This case is a Minor, a Minor in posession of a handgun, and a Minor in posession of a handgun on school property.
Whatever his supposed reasons and justifications, regardless the exact identity of the weapon, The illegality of what he was doing is all that matters, and all the Antis will crow about.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Uh, yeah.
Schools aren't exactly nice places anymore...

So you guys think you have to be 21+ to defend yourself now?

Not every kid out there is bad, and they carry
for the same damn reason you all do...

Teenagers used to buy guns all the time, back  when freedom meant something...
Just cause there's some assholes out there, doesn't mean that there aren't responsible law abiding individuals out there too under the age of 18 or 21.
That's like saying you can't have guns because criminals do sick shite with them.

All I can say is, wow, the liberals seem to have done a better job than I thought...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#30]
... I just bought a class III Ingram MAC-10 for $1000.

... Awaiting ATF stamp, and yes, she'll remain securely locked away until play day.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
At least the King Country Sheriff was good enough to accurately call it a "semi-automatic pistol," not a "machine gun" like all of the reporters.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
At least the King Country Sheriff was good enough to accurately call it a "semi-automatic pistol," not a "machine gun" like all of the reporters.
View Quote

One of the local Sspokane stations cound not make up their mind for which term to use.  the first teaser called it a "machine gun". the next teaser called it a "semi-automatic pistol" (which is correct)  the actual report called it a "Assault pistol" and a "machine gun"  and mispronaunced it as "cobra". f#*king dumass cant get anything right.

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
not to have it at school....something stupid like that happening is the one thing that could give the AWB renewal momentum
View Quote

Imbroglio like irony, sarcasm, coming form the other direction.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The problem ISN'T guns, it's kids. Back when we had these things called "responsible parents" who raised kids rather than trusting Sesame Street and public schools to do it for them you could have guns in schools. Of course back then if you were a piece of shit gang banging drug dealer they kicked you OUT of school.

Then in the 70-80s welfare Mom's got sick of their juvenile delinquent kids sitting around the house and making too much trouble for them to watch Oprah in peace. That resulted in various "Get them off the streets" programs. Only rather than put them in a juvenile detention facility they put them in with the mostly "good kids" in school.

Now they are all mostly Jerry Springer candidates because the "good kids" got sick of getting their ass beat every day because they weren't drug dealing piece of shit gang bangers. And who the hell can really learn anything when you are going to school with fucking Crips?

As a result you cannot trust todays kids with a fucking spork, let alone a firearm.
View Quote

Hmmmm.  How many fistfights did you get in in high school and grade school?  And how many do you get in now?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#35]
FWIW...

The picture shows an M11/9, NOT a MAC10.
Not even called a "MAC11", just an "M11/9"

The semi-auto has the safety selector on the RH side of the gun, while the full auto has it on the LH side. (safe/semi/smg)

You can buy the closed bolt/semi-auto for about $350.
They are still being made.

I have the open bolt / full auto version with a suppressor on it.
They are a blast to shoot...
Out of the box they run at about 1200rpm.
I have a Macjack rate accelerator in mine, and it screams at 1800+rpm...
32 rounds spit out in a little over a second...

The MAC10 is big, top-heavy and clunky looking, and is available in 9mm and .45...

The M11/9 is what was pictured, and is 9mm only
The M11A1 is the same size as the 9mm, but in .380.
The M12 is micro-sized and shoots .380.

There is nothing illegal about the kids gun, only that he chose to bring it to school like a dumbass...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#36]
couple slaps of the phonebook will teach him, this is a joke by the way
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have the closed bolt / full auto version with a suppressor on it.
View Quote

You have a [b]closed bolt[/b] M11 subgun? That must be the rarest machinegun in the world. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:53:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said, SteyrAUG, I totally agree with you here.  Mix decent kids in with the punk gangsta wannabes and what do you expect??
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Hmmmm.  How many fistfights did you get in in high school and grade school?  And how many do you get in now?
View Quote

Well if you are asking how many I started the answer would be 0. However a few times I was not given a choice in the matter and forced to protect myself. But once I graduated, and was no longer required to spend 8 hours a day in close proximity with a population comprised of 30% violent individuals who belonged in some kind of detention facility, I never really got into a fist fight again since I was able to more effectively avoid those kinds of people.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#40]
one guy slugged me in the face once....6th grade.  i looked at him funny and went about my day.  i spared his life. lol.

never in any real fights.  

Oh yeah, well in my UTOPIA the high schoolers would be a little bit more like me, rather than how they all act in todays world. course thats my Utopia.  those of us who have read Utopian literature ussually can tell that Utopia's quickly become distopias.  sooo what ever.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey Steyr, I really like your way of thinking on this...

Allow me to tell you a lil story that happened here in Buenos Aires a couple of months ago.

There was an introverted kid (16/17) at a high school that was object of all kind of abuse by his fellow class mates. He tried to talk to them to stop the namecalling and abuse and they increase the picking on him.
It came to a point that the kid wouldn't even want to go to school because he knew he would get molested in some way.

So one day he grabs a gun from his home and next time he's been picking on, he plants a shot on the guy that gave him a hard time during all those years and kills him.

NOW, ANYONE THAT GRABS A GUN TO DO THIS HAS SOME SERIOUS MENTAL PROBLEMS, I'M NOT SAYING THIS WAS OK TO DO.

BUT, on the other hand, it's totally understandable.

Now, on the trial the mother of the dead kid screamed and kicked because an "evil being" took his precious son from her and that the justice is a fucking joke and on and on (the shooter got recluded in a mental institution, not into a jail). That her son was a jewel that never bothered anyone, that was fucking Bambi incarnated...

So none of this would had happened if this stupid mother would had done a good job in parenting his son teaching not to be mean to people, as simple as that. The matter got outta hand? Sure. It could have been prevented by teaching responsability and proper behavior? YES.

And to top that, 2 days ago, on a Bowling for Columbine kinda special (they even quoted it) , a liberal shitty tv show instigating banning of weapons,  presented this same mother saying that anyone could get a gun in this country, that the laws have no restrictions and that anyone could carry a weapon (BS from A to Z), and the argument was that if she got a weapon at this point, she would probably go kill the kid that killed his son... Like WTF? IT'S YOU, NOT THE GUN! HELLO????

At other time, a client told me that people should't have guns because they would get strange ideas on his head, so I told him I have several and that I just have them to protect my home and have fun at the range, so he told me (after a strange look) that if he got a gun he would think about robbing some rich neighbour... THAT coming from a university graduated guy that has a job, a gf and a home.

So EVERYTHING leads to what SteyrAUG pointed out, just one basic Commandment: [b]thou shall take responsability for your own actions.[/b]
And a corollary [b] thou shall not blame inanimated objects for your actings[/b]

For those thinking that a gun to defend yourself in High School is BS, I was a susbtitute computers teacher 3 years ago for 15 days to make someone a favor and I saw the kind of fine upstanding citizens that go to some schools... and that was THREE years ago, before my country got FUBARed big time.

Fucking liberal clowns... [pissed]

NsB

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You have a [red]closed bolt[/red] M11 subgun? That must be the rarest machinegun in the world. [:)]
View Quote

You knew what I meant.[:D]

Look at my post time, I was half asleep...[:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#43]
I can somewhat relate to the scenario.

I grew up in South Florida...

Went to "Westward Elementary School" around '73-'77 in West Palm Beach.

Even back then, the schools were bad...
I was outnumbered by minorities at least 2-1.(I guess that made ME the minority)

I remember kids jumping over desks to fight each other in the middle of class...
I just stayed out of the way, but even then still got smacked around now and then...

I'm willing to bet most of these animals are either dead or in prison by now...

This is why my parents chose to move North. Had they not moved from there, I'd probably be dead or in jail myself...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
5 will get you 10, it was a plant
1 will get you 10, some asshole will claim this is a good reason to extend the AWB
This kid needs to be shot
View Quote

Your post makes absolutely no sense.  If you consider it very likely that the gun was planted on the kid, why does he need to be shot?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#45]
It is probably the METAL version of the airsoft gun.  I'll bet it is 99.999% media hype.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I had two girlfriends from that school back in my highschool days (no not at the same time!).  The neighborhood was a lot better back then.  That is about the last gun I would want for self defense.  I've shot them before but the .45 version, and they are extremely inaccurate and cumbersome IMO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I sometimes wonder if these news reporters and the cops that talk to them know what they are doing , I wonder how intentional it is or if it is just ignorance ...

I heard the arresting officer in this case say something to the effect of " when I opened his bag I expected to find a knife or boxcutter not a MACHINE GUN "

So , I wonder if they are aware how much effect their words have on John and Jane Q Public..

To most people SEMI_AUTOMATIC and MACHINE GUN mean the same thing...

so much of the gun control debate comes down to semantics , so it is frightening to me that the voting public does not have their facts straight ( or more so that those in gov't do not)

grrrrr

t
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Can't sleep , clown will eat me...
Can't sleep , clown will eat me...

BUAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

I ALWAYS WANTED A BED LIKE THAT!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#49]
as an insomniac , I find that line really funny

and who doesn't hate clowns ?

t
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a [red]closed bolt[/red] M11 subgun? That must be the rarest machinegun in the world. [:)]
View Quote

You knew what I meant.[:D]

Look at my post time, I was half asleep...[:D]
View Quote

I know, I know...I couldn't help myself [:)]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top