Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 6:23:20 AM EDT
Will US citizens benefit from any of the arms siezed in Iraqi arms caches?

Seems to me there's lots of spare AKs and ammo Uncle Sam has confiscated from the deposed Saddam Hussein.

I doubt we'll see the AKs because they're probably full auto, but is there a way to convert them to semi-auto cheaply, or would that require machining the receiver or other expensive processes?

And what about all the ammo that we've confiscated?  Surplus Iraqi ammo should soon be flooding our streets.

Or is there some sort of law that says Uncle Sam can't sell the weapons and ammo on the surplus market?

The way I see it, if we had to fund this war with our tax dollars the least the government can do is sell us some cheap ammo and rifles!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
the pretty AKs are being destroyed...

Saw a clip on fox news .. :

A school was overflowing with weapons.. our guys tried to carry them all away.. it was simply to much .. they ended up piling them on the street and setting them on fire. :(

edited to add:

On your surplus law question...

I "think" we can thank clinton for that ..

all together now...
Thank you mr clinton ... u freaking a-hole.!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Once a machinegun, allways a machinegun. That's the ATF's position. The parts might make it here after sold to some company. Most likely, they will just store them to re-arm the Iraqui army after we rebuild it. Ammo also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Will we see some surplus U.S. ammunition? Some surplus .223 would be nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top