Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 6:57:55 PM EDT
Used S&W Model 19, .357  
Excellent shape, blued, and very little wear, price was right.
Had a lot of experience with the K-frames and wanted something similar, and found it today.  I'm not really an auto person (haven't shot them but a few times) and this one fit the bill.
Do some PPC and maybe even handgun for deer in tthe coming years with it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a fine gun.  If you can't hit the bad guy with it, don't worry the bang will scare them off.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
that is a good gun, a classic.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know they had such a following!  Glad to hear it.  Definitely what i wanted tho and i'm glad i found it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Pictures!!!!

What did you pay for it?

How's the action?  I have one and I'm pretty sure it's been worked over because it's lite and very smooth.  It's my favorite revolver.  Now that you got me thinking about it, I have to go get it out of the safe and fondle for awhile.

For the price I paid for mine, I practically stole it.  $125.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
No pics.  I don't hav eit in hand yet cuz i have to register it and get the stupid MI purchase permit.  Maybe tomorrow.

I saw a couple that were cut down 2" barrels (on a .357??!!) over the past few months but finally found one with a 6" barrel.  happy i found it.
paid $285 for it.  ...now how the heck did you get away with $125?  Did your seller have any more of those??

Action was very smooth.  not worn, not heavy, but smooth.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It's hard to beat a Smith & Wesson revolver[^]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Pic of mine
[img]http://www.patriotarms.com/sw_19.jpg[/img]

Quoted:
...now how the heck did you get away with $125?  Did your seller have any more of those??
View Quote

I actually got mine when I lived in Michigan.  It was a private sale but I still had to get the permit and register it because of Michigan's stupid laws.

The guy had three guns for sale, I offered to buy all of them from him if he dropped the price.

For $650 I ended up with the follow:
Glock 21C with night sites and a Fobus holster
S&W Model 19-4 in .357
Colt Tropper in .357

That comes out to $350 for the Glock and $125 each for the revolvers.  I think I did pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.  Sounds like you really lucked out on those handguns.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to have one,4"bbl one of the most accurate handguns I'd ever owned, One thing I should tell you, don't feed it a steady diet of .357's the frame won't take it, I know, I shot mine loose doing that, Had endshake/slight timing problem as a result of a steady diet of my handloads, found a 'smith that knew his shit about S&W's and he even told me to cool it with the.357's it was designed to be shot with .38's for practice, and .357 for occasional use, not all the time,I took his advice, and never had another problem with it, k-frames aren't bad, they just have their limits,just like any other firearm..
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#12]
The S&W Mdl. 19 is an excellent handgun.

I have it's SS cousin, the Mdl 66 2 1/2", bobbed hammer, DAO and it's very accurate, quick handling, and LOUD (especially with the best rated one shot stopper of all defensive handgun rounds the R-P 125 gr SJHP.)

The advice to avoid prolonged firing with full-house loads is sound. K frames can not take that kind of beating, which led to the development of the L frame.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I used to have one,4"bbl one of the most accurate handguns I'd ever owned, One thing I should tell you, don't feed it a steady diet of .357's the frame won't take it, I know, I shot mine loose doing that, Had endshake/slight timing problem as a result of a steady diet of my handloads, found a 'smith that knew his shit about S&W's and he even told me to cool it with the.357's it was designed to be shot with .38's for practice, and .357 for occasional use, not all the time,I took his advice, and never had another problem with it, k-frames aren't bad, they just have their limits,just like any other firearm..
View Quote

Copy that.  I planned on shooting .38s pretty much only anyway, just wanted the 357 for occasional use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top