Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 5:55:33 PM EDT
I run pistol fun night at our club. I have a closet full of ammo for prizes. We have falling plates, small swinging animal plates, bowling pins, and a large open range.

If I give out prizes for best bowling pins or plates I will be giving the same two guys prizes all the time.

On the open range I have been setting up some large speed plates and such. Some people have also been crying about not being able to shoot speed pistol, rifle and shotgun like the cowboys do.

Here is my idea. Five plates at 5 to 10 yards, speed shoot with pistol, reload, and shoot again. Put pistol down on table, move quickly to second table, pick up shotgun or fun rifle, shoot several targets at 10 yards, time ends.

The plates can't take a rifle, so I need a different target. I at first thought about using clays held on end on boards, but that would give the shotgun guys and gals a real boost. I am thinking about bowling pins, maybe 3-5.

Your thoughts? Fun course? Better way to do it? We are running about 20 folks the first two weeks, with about 1/3 women. Of the shooters, only a few have done IPSC/IDPA, many are new pistol shooters post CCW reform.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I would lean more twoards the bowling pins for the shotgun/rifle side.  It would be a little more fair making the shotgun guys get a little bit more on target to knock the bowling pin over, of course your spreat really isn't that great at 10 yds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top