Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/21/2003 3:18:47 PM EDT
If you have a juvenile conviction for the following charges you must turn in you firearms ID card and your weapons and if you are an LEO you will be subject to loss of your job and pension. Governor (adolph) MCGREEVEY HAS SIGNED A RETROACTIVE GUN LAW. [url]http://www.evannappen.com/lawupdate1gunbook/[/url] UPDATE:MAY 7, 2003 WARNING! MCGREEVEY HAS SIGNED A RETROACTIVE GUN LAW On May 6, 2003, Governor McGreevey signed a retroactive gun control law that threatens certain law-abiding adults who lawfully hold New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards with prosecution for a Crime of the 4th Degree (up to 18 months in State Prison and a $15,000 fine) if they fail to surrender the card within five days of the enactment of the law. (go to [url]http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/S0500/160_R1.HTM[/url] The law does this by creating a whole new class of prohibiting/disqualifying juvenile offenses. In addition to forbiding law-abiding adults who have these prior juvenile convictions form obtaining a new gun permit, any law-abiding citizen who currently has a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and has a prior juvenile record for any of these newly included offenses must surrender their Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:58-3f) to the Superintendent of State Police within five days of this law being enacted. Failure to do so subjects one to prosecution under N.J.S. 2C:39-10a for a Crime of the 4th Degree, which provides for punishment of to up to 18 months in State Prison and a $15,000 fine. There are no grandfathering provisions for any citizen. There are no exemptions for law enforcement or military. The only apparent cure for a person suddenly subjected to this new law is to obtain an expungement. The list of new juvenile prohibiting/disqualifying offenses includes the following: 1. Unlawful possession of a weapon 2. Unlawful use of a weapon 3. Unlawful possession of an explosive device 4. Unlawful use of an explosive device 5. Unlawful possession of a destructive device 6. Unlawful use of a destructive device 7. Murder 8. Manslaughter 9. Aggravated manslaughter 10. Vehicular homicide 11. Aggravated assault (certain subsections) 12. Disarming a law enforcement officer (certain subsections) 13. Kidnapping 14. Sexual assault (certain subsections) 15. Aggravated sexual assault (certain subsections) 16. Robbery 17. Carjacking 18. Aggravated arson (certain subsections) 19. Burglary 20. Extortion (certain subsections) 21. Booby traps in manufacturing or distribution facilities (certain subsections) 22. Strict liability for drug induced deaths 23. Terrorism 24. Producing or possessing chemical weapons, biological agents or nuclear or radiological devices So, for example, if any law-abiding adult has a prior juvenile delinquency record for stealing another kids lunch money (robbery); firing a potato/spud gun (destructive device); shooting out a window with a BB gun (unlawful firearm possession); possessing firecrackers (explosive device) or any of the other stupid prohibited things kids often do, that law-abiding adult is now disqualified from and must surrender their lawfully issued New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card under penalty of serious adult criminal prosecution. The newly enacted law was passed as Bill S160 and was sponsored by Senator Bagger, Assemblyman Guear, Assemblywoman Greenstein and Co-Sponsored by: Senators Cafiero, Palaia, Matheussen, Allen, Assemblymen Eagler, Dancer, Fisher, Gusciora, Assemblywoman Heck, Assemblymen S.Kean, Munoz, Sarlo and R.Smith. The law will be codified under N.J.S. 2C:58-3c(7.) Governor McGreevey signed this law as an early Mothers Day gift for New Jersey moms, as announced in his press release. If any New Jersey moms have a disqualifying juvenile record and fail to turn in their New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card, Governor McGreeveys Mothers Day gift will be up to 18 months in State Prison and a $15,000 fine. Happy Mothers Day! [url] http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/governor/njnewsline/view_article.pl?id=1165[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:22:31 PM EDT
Arent juvenile records expunged when you turn 18? Therefore there is no record of you being convicted of any of the stupid things kids do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:26:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CerebralAssassin: Arent juvenile records expunged when you turn 18? Therefore there is no record of you being convicted of any of the stupid things kids do.
View Quote
No theyare sealed and with this nazi order that the governor just signed it looks like the records are going to be able to be accessed by the state police.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:38:50 PM EDT
Can you say "[i]ex post facto[/i]"?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:44:12 PM EDT
something has to be wrong here, there has got to be a flaw with that some how some where.....hmmm. Well it's not like they can come and take the guns from people who refuse to turn them in I mean it;s not like.....oh thats right you have to have a card that says you got one....registration desn't lead to confiscation my ass! Thats one thing no liberal will ever be able to spout off again because this will end up proving it. Man, I'm sorry the people of N.J. I couldn't imagine haveing such a messed up state government(not that wisconsins government is all that great), and a govenor that would sign such a bill. Tis a sad sad day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:49:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: Can you say "[i]ex post facto[/i]"?
View Quote
I tried, but almost bit my tongue off. Can you say "Zehn zahme Ziegen zogen zehn Zentner Zucker?"
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:13:56 PM EDT
That doesnt sound bad at all... Notice, All those convictions listed are of people that are opposite of 'law abiding gun-owners'. Anyone here affected by that?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:31:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Andreuha: That doesnt sound bad at all... Notice, All those convictions listed are of people that are opposite of 'law abiding gun-owners'. Anyone here affected by that?
View Quote
I would tend to agree with you but, [b]5. Unlawful possession of a destructive device 6. Unlawful use of a destructive device[/b] [red]that can be a big fire cracker here in jersy,M-80[/red] [b]16. Robbery[/b] [red]My friend has a bust for stealing a car tape deck from when he was 14 that is going to come under this one.[/red] I know a lot of people who fucked up when we were kids that this is going to effect and they are good people now and obey the laws ,they were just being kids for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:56:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98:
Originally Posted By KBaker: Can you say "[i]ex post facto[/i]"?
View Quote
I tried, but almost bit my tongue off. Can you say "Zehn zahme Ziegen zogen zehn Zentner Zucker?"
View Quote
Yes...... but not 3 times quickly in a row....[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:00:48 PM EDT
KBaker you mean Article IV, Section VII, #3 of the New Jersey Constitution ? It did not apply to the AWB, why now? Also, you get an A+ for legal analysis. Mike
Top Top