BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sad really that such highly educated people feel that they have to resort to violence.
View Quote

At this point, I really don't think we know anything about the level of education of those who committed this act.  Could be an Iraqi with a third grade education.  Dunno.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone notice that this is the second prestigeous private university to be attacked in as many weeks.  I note that both schools are extremely expensive and tend to cater to the wealthier members of our society.  Not sure if this is a trend but it is interesting.
View Quote

only one way to find out, which one would potentialy be next though, thats the question.
View Quote

I truly hope we don't have to find out.  I just sort of made a connection in my mind as this seems like two extreme events for the end of the school year at these universities.  Sad really that such highly educated people feel that they have to resort to violence.
View Quote

If that is an implication that students feeling the pressure of exams or that they have been treated unjustly by professors or the administration, would resort to violence, that theory does not hold water in Yale Law School.

Besides Yale being ranked the No. 1 law school in the country ( Stamford #2, and Harvard #3) with an academic profile that gives an applicant a 90% chance of admission to Harvard only a 50% chance of admission to Yale, there is a relatively close-klnit attitude amongst Yalies compounded by the fact that YLS does not grade. All exams are pass/fail.

A more likely scenario is terrorists making a statement that institutions of higher learning such as Yale Law, the alma mater of Bush and the home of the Skull & Bones,an "organization" to which many government big shots owe their allegiance, are not safe behind their Ivy League walls.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Gimme a fckn break!  Just because he joked about it doesn't mean he/I would be rejoicing over [i]possible[/i] dead Americans would it have happened.

Everyone jokes about Kommiefornia getting blown off the map by North Korea, earthquake or whatever what's the fckn difference?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
SEADWELLER;

Here's the difference (took a lawyer to tell ya, haha):

If a small tactical nuke took out half of California, it would be cold, callous, and cruel to say "all right!  that's a start!"

The difference is it wasn't a joke about silli shit; it was a cruel comment after an actual event!  Repeating, I myself tell lawyer jokes; but this is different - this was in response to an actual event.  By the way, after answering your question, you owe me $50 (gotta keep up the image of lawyer scum).

Here's a joke:

What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?  One's a bottom dwellin, scum sucker, and the other is just a fish.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SEADWELLER;

Here's the difference (took a lawyer to tell ya, haha):

If a small tactical nuke took out half of California, it would be cold, callous, and cruel to say "all right!  that's a start!"

The difference is it wasn't a joke about silli shit; it was a cruel comment after an actual event!  Repeating, I myself tell lawyer jokes; but this is different - this was in response to an actual event.  By the way, after answering your question, you owe me $50 (gotta keep up the image of lawyer scum).

Here's a joke:

What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?  One's a bottom dwellin, scum sucker, and the other is just a fish.
View Quote

Actually I already knew what the difference was but the nuking of Kommiefornia is a clear and present danger.  Earthquakes too I might add.

Fifty bucks for two minutes work?

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
If you guys are done pissing on each other, can we unhijack this thread?  And I thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, you're also getting charged for office overhead and secretary's time in typing the post.  That stuff ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, you're also getting charged for office overhead and secretary's time in typing the post.  That stuff ain't cheap.
View Quote

Hey I know all about that overbilling, I saw [b]The Firm[/b] you know!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
ArmdLbrl, maybe instead of lawyers asking why people think lawyer jokes are funny, you ought to ask why it's okay to bash an entire profession because of a few shitheads. Do you also hate all blacks because some commit crimes?
View Quote

No, but black people THINK I do because I constantly ask them why they are not at the forefront of changing black society from within, instead of calling anyone who criticizes them racists.

Kind of like what YOU are doing now as a lawyer. I don't see lawyers lining up to back tort reform nor do I see them turning in the crooks in their own profession.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Call me sensitive, but right is right and wrong is STILL wrong!

That wasn't a joke Raven; it was fuckin' insensitive as hell.  Yeah, kill all of us who worked and sweated to be attorneys; who ya gonna call when you need help?  Even if I didn't have a law degree, I would have been offended by that callous bullshit.  To target any collection of Americans, regardless of their profession, race, or religious background and make light of the potential mass casualties is pretty far off.  I love lawyer jokes, as a matter of fact, I tell them all the time - this wasn't a joke, it was a weak attempt by an immature jerk trying to win favor by attacking a group (lawyers) in front of people he thought would applaud him for. My careers also included law enforcement and emergency services - did you think it a good start when a medic dies in a rescue or a cop during a traffic stop puling over one of your drunk buddies?

Maybe your kid will grow up and be a lawyer or other servant of the people; maybe somebody will do us all a favor and remnove the problem.  Real funny, now, huh?
View Quote

Here's my response to all lawyers (and law students) who have been offended by my callous and insensitive statements:

[img]http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/Images/nopitya.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone notice that this is the second prestigeous private university to be attacked in as many weeks.  I note that both schools are extremely expensive and tend to cater to the wealthier members of our society.  Not sure if this is a trend but it is interesting.
View Quote

only one way to find out, which one would potentialy be next though, thats the question.
View Quote

I truly hope we don't have to find out.  I just sort of made a connection in my mind as this seems like two extreme events for the end of the school year at these universities.  Sad really that such highly educated people feel that they have to resort to violence.
View Quote

Damn! I'm working at John's Hopkins University all this week and next! Worse, I can't carry in Maryland.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
God forbid it would happen also at Berkley,Harvard and the like.We wouldn't want any new anti-gunners and Liberals hurt because of their mentors stupid and naive polcies. Unfortunately this is what it may take towake them up to reality.But anyway , the perp was probably a White Christian Male.[shock]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top