Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2003 10:05:29 AM EDT
I'm sick of these damn H2 vehicles! I know GM is making a ton of $$$ off of them, and I congratulate them for that, but it would've been nice if they didn't mess with a good thing- the original Hummer. The H2 looks like a Tonka truck and I hear the gas mileage is terrible. It tries to take the rugged military look of the original, and blend it with a new more modern,fashionable look. The result in my opinion is hideous! Just my $.02..... What do you think?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:07:37 AM EDT
i love it, im getting one in 2 months when my7 lease is up
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:08:31 AM EDT
I think it's nothing but a Tahoe with an over sized body, built for people looking to compensate for their shortcomings.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:11:43 AM EDT
Well, the fact that it's at the absolute bottom of every reliability survey I've seen certainly doesn't help, especially in light of the pricetag...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:11:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 10:13:41 AM EDT by rhatland]
I MUST agree with buffalo soldier. They are a fake looking hummer/humvee. It disappoints me to no end seeing them all over the place. One day I hope to buy a surplus hummvee. Two days ago I read where this country is looking to alleviate many of the national guard units throughout the country. If they do this, it will hopefully flood the market with military surplus hummvees. Again, this is just my .03 worth. Thats inflation on the old .02.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:18:24 AM EDT
I think they look like a Grand Cherokee on steroids. I don't like the H2 at all. I want a Hummer...H1, the original.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:18:24 AM EDT
Oh come on now.....they are more than capable of handling what they were designed for. Cobble stone paths, speed bumps in the country club driveway and the most demanding mall parking lots anywhere. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:20:46 AM EDT
Thank God we live in a country where we can buy it or not. I'd buy one, but I love my 5 too much TXL
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:20:47 AM EDT
i like it alot, its good for ppl. who want a hummer but can't afford the H1
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:39:36 AM EDT
I think the interior is cheap and flimsy. For 50+K I expect alot more than a Taho with plastic surgury. As far as gas milage, really, anyone that complains about that is just being silly. What, did you think it was a Honda Insight?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:42:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rhatland: I MUST agree with buffalo soldier. They are a fake looking hummer/humvee. It disappoints me to no end seeing them all over the place. One day I hope to buy a surplus hummvee. Two days ago I read where this country is looking to alleviate many of the national guard units throughout the country. If they do this, it will hopefully flood the market with military surplus hummvees. Again, this is just my .03 worth. Thats inflation on the old .02.
View Quote
How much would a surpluss Humvee cost?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:51:03 AM EDT
The surplus Hummers were going for 10-20k each. But dont expect to ever see them again. They went the way of the water powered cars if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:51:26 AM EDT
Why do they have a push button 4-wheel drive? whats up with the fact they only come with fully loaded or for 3000 less not so loaded. how about a stripped down model for us hard core 4-wheelers. who the heck needs heated leather seats.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:52:34 AM EDT
For some reason, the word margarine comes to mind.z
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:09:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By speedwayrn: As far as gas milage, really, anyone that complains about that is just being silly. What, did you think it was a Honda Insight?
View Quote
LOL, good point
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:14:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: Oh come on now.....they are more than capable of handling what they were designed for. Cobble stone paths, speed bumps in the country club driveway and the most demanding mall parking lots anywhere. [rolleyes]
View Quote
[ROFL]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:21:11 AM EDT
Oh man not this again... you friggen 4x4 loonies. IF there never was an H1, would you think the H2 is pussy? Also, I've noticed that everybody who complains about the H2 being a pussy vehicle CAN'T AFFORD the H1 anyway so quit your bitchin! The H2 is less than half the price of the H1 and it actually is better for street driving. It's faster than the H1 with a higher top speed and is more comfortable. And I think it looks better, but of course that is quite subjective as some people like driving around in a military vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:32:06 AM EDT
here is the final word on this subject... they are gay. and if you are a man and you drive one.... you are gay. -Nuke
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:47:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NUCULAR: here is the final word on this subject... they are gay. and if you are a man and you drive one.... you are gay. -Nuke
View Quote
[LOL] why you be dissin' ma bling-bling Suburban!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:01:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rn45: I think it's nothing but a Tahoe with an over sized body, built for people looking to compensate for their shortcomings.
View Quote
Hmm, that's what some anti's probably think about us and our "black rifles" as well. Why can't we just get a bolt gun? No longer can people buy things without fitting into a group or being stereotyped. If it's a fast fancy car or a big truck, we're trying to compensate for something.... "no, no, no, I didn't buy it because I wanted it and liked it, I bought it because I'm hung like a mouse, duh."
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:04:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:36:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NUCULAR: here is the final word on this subject... they are gay. and if you are a man and you drive one.... you are gay. -Nuke
View Quote
I will second that, if you are a man and you drive one....YOU ARE GAY. Name something it can do that a Jeep CJ cant?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:39:42 PM EDT
I hate those yuppie SUVs too. the bang for the buck is about as low as it gets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:45:17 PM EDT
Yes, they're gay, you're gay, it's all gay. Oh, and your penis is small. And it should be banned. For the children and whatnot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:50:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheFNG: Name something it can do that a Jeep CJ cant?
View Quote
It can tow 6500 lbs. Can your CJ do that? Not that I really WANT to defend the H2, but you asked. Oh, and my Durango can tow 700lbs more than the H2....
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:59:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigD:
Originally Posted By TheFNG: Name something it can do that a Jeep CJ cant?
View Quote
It can tow 6500 lbs. Can your CJ do that? Not that I really WANT to defend the H2, but you asked. Oh, and my Durango can tow 700lbs more than the H2....
View Quote
Anything less than 12,000 lbs towing capacity is child's play. [:d]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:05:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stoney-Point: I think they look like a Grand Cherokee on steroids. I don't like the H2 at all. I want a Hummer...H1, the original.
View Quote
My GC can stomp an H2, but I would like to know where I can get some of these steroids... I would like my Jeep to double in size, but keep its speed and agility.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:07:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jetlag: Yes, they're gay, you're gay, it's all gay. Oh, and your penis is small. And it should be banned. For the children and whatnot.
View Quote
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:10:23 PM EDT
A Hummer is what the dealer ought to give you after you fork over the excessive dollars for an H2.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 1:19:09 PM EDT by fastang50]
Yep, it sucks.... my favorite part is the 3" of front ground clearance it has. Looks like the silly thing has two bumpers, one for the body and one for the pussy chevy truck ifs hanging under it. Is it really only rated for 6500# towing!? This joke just keeps getting worse. My F'in Cherokee is rated for 5k# and it only weighs 3k#! And I'd put money that the little cherokee can out wheel that whale of a pile of monkey shit too!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:39:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fastang50: Yep, it sucks.... my favorite part is the 3" of front ground clearance it has. Looks like the silly thing has two bumpers, one for the body and one for the pussy chevy truck ifs hanging under it. Is it really only rated for 6500# towing!? This joke just keeps getting worse. My F'in Cherokee is rated for 5k# and it only weighs 3k#! And I'd put money that the little cherokee can out wheel that whale of a pile of monkey shit too!
View Quote
[rolleyes] yikes, only 6500lbs, my '98 Crown Vic Police Interceptor(the only real American car still being made) is rated for 8000lbs. H2=POS
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:58:37 PM EDT
I also think they are junk. They are built to look like they are for off-roading when they are not. they are made for people to drive on road whie on a Cell telling a buddy how they got a bad ass 4x4. Yes its have the price of the H1. But there are vehicles out there that cost less and do better off road. I aLSO THINK AN H1 should cost about what an H2 does. If they would offer a stripped down H1 with all hose washable interior And cut the leather and nice BS that would be great. And its also time to update that beast its still 1980s tech. It could use a new Duramax engine and An Allison Tranny. that wolud cut dwn on noise and improve preformance. A win win.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:26:37 PM EDT
If I bought one I'd strip the gay ass glossy paint of of it and spray it with some flat Olive Drab. Then I'd cut a turret in the roof and mount a M2 fifty cal. Maybe put some run-flat tires on it if it didn't already have them. I would also give it a self-sealing fuel tank along with armor plated glass and doors just for the hell of it. Finally I would drop that pussy gas engine out for a nice diesel. My friends tell me I'm a little militant but I just don't see where they're coming from.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:28:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 00_buckshot: If I bought one I'd strip the gay ass glossy paint of of it and spray it with some flat Olive Drab. Then I'd cut a turret in the roof and mount a M2 fifty cal. Maybe put some run-flat tires on it if it didn't already have them. I would also give it a self-sealing fuel tank along with armor plated glass and doors just for the hell of it. Finally I would drop that pussy gas engine out for a nice diesel. My friends tell me I'm a little militant but I just don't see where they're coming from.
View Quote
what's the point? you can get a surplus humvee for less than the POS H2 and some of them come with MG mounts already.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:37:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By buffalo-soldier: I'm sick of these damn H2 vehicles! I know GM is making a ton of $$$ off of them, and I congratulate them for that, but it would've been nice if they didn't mess with a good thing- the original Hummer. The H2 looks like a Tonka truck and I hear the gas mileage is terrible. It tries to take the rugged military look of the original, and blend it with a new more modern,fashionable look. The result in my opinion is hideous! Just my $.02..... What do you think?
View Quote
The H2 is not a replacement for the H1. It is like a Model A to a Model T. Have you seen the H3 concept photos. It is going to be a CJ fighter. Comparing it to the "original" is not appropriate. It is a different model.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:51:59 PM EDT
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rojasray/youhavesmallpenis.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:04:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By QCMGR: The H2 is not a replacement for the H1. It is like a Model A to a Model T. Have you seen the H3 concept photos. It is going to be a CJ fighter. Comparing it to the "original" is not appropriate. It is a different model.
View Quote
It would be more fair to compare it to a much cheaper and somewhat lighter Suburban, since that's what's under the high dollar skin. Anyone notice the cheesy hubcaps that are supposed to LOOK like the run flat setup used on the H1? There is no comparing an H2 to an H1 since the H1 is built for off road use almost exclusively, while the H2 wouldn't make it through 10" of mud. At least you'd be comfy while calling for a tow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:23:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gus:
Originally Posted By QCMGR: The H2 is not a replacement for the H1. It is like a Model A to a Model T. Have you seen the H3 concept photos. It is going to be a CJ fighter. Comparing it to the "original" is not appropriate. It is a different model.
View Quote
It would be more fair to compare it to a much cheaper and somewhat lighter Suburban, since that's what's under the high dollar skin. Anyone notice the cheesy hubcaps that are supposed to LOOK like the run flat setup used on the H1? There is no comparing an H2 to an H1 since the H1 is built for off road use almost exclusively, while the H2 wouldn't make it through 10" of mud. At least you'd be comfy while calling for a tow.
View Quote
I would tend to agree. My point was it is a different model in the product line as opposed to a replacement.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:43:20 PM EDT
My apology for high jacking this thread.
Originally Posted By -Absolut-: Originally Posted By kay9: I've always wanted to pee on a chick in a cage.....
View Quote
I have not seen this comment before, I would hope it has to do with caged PETA womenz. I now return you to your normal program.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:52:37 PM EDT
I think they suck,they're ugly. The same type of person that would buy a Navigator(Hey if ya wanna luxury 4x4 town car,thats cool),but has the couch commando mentallity buys one of these atrocities.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:00:55 PM EDT
Military Hummer = AR-15 H1 = Postban AR-15 H2 = Kali legal AR-15 End.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:06:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By killingmachine123: I hate those yuppie SUVs too. the bang for the buck is about as low as it gets.
View Quote
Exactly I hate them damned things.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:49:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SNorman: It's faster than the H1 with a higher top speed and is more comfortable.
View Quote
Buying a Hummer to be fast and comfortable is like buying a German Shepherd to ride in a rodeo. Why bother? JMHO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:56:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spade: Military Hummer = AR-15 H1 = Postban AR-15 H2 = Kali legal AR-15 End.
View Quote
Yep!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:10:38 PM EDT
I don't like them, but mainly because the dump the diesel. I only drive vehicles with a diesel engine, but then I'm funny like that. No I don't drive a truck at all right now, but if I was going to drive a truck/SUV it would be diesel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:17:35 PM EDT
The only thing an H2 is good for, is being a target
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:23:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: The only thing an H2 is good for, is being a target
View Quote
Hell Yeah! I'll break out the AR-50 for that, bring about 40 gallons of tannerite.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:43:26 PM EDT
You all sound like you suffer from Hummer envy. Buy an H1 and leave the poor H2 alone. Or better yet, get a hummer form your gal and spend the $90k on something more important, like more guns. If you don't have a girl go buy one for 100 nights.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:47:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigZ: You all sound like you suffer from Hummer envy.
View Quote
I dont think Im in that. Even if I was given an H2 I would only debate between destroying it or selling it. A real Hummer I might would like Id atleast try that. I have never been in a SUV or truck that I like and would want to own and drive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:58:58 PM EDT
I think they look cheap and flimsy. kind of look like a giant toy. also kind of boxy the military hummers look much cooler, plus they have all the different configurations, like the M16 of the vehicle world but I have nothing against people who want one
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:54:59 AM EDT
HMMWV = M16 Hummer H1 = AR-15 Hummer H2 = Airsoft AR-15
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top