User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 4:20:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out [url]http://www.mac10.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
lessee...get a spare fire control kit with sear, a spare pin set, a spare spring set and the gun is set untill you to swap out the tube.

if the gun hasn't been converted to accept sten mags or some cheap steel mag...think about it.

zytel cobrays are cheap, once again...but they are kinda sleazy.

go buy a speed kit fot it see how fast you can dump a case thru it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What a fun gun!

If I could own full auto, my 2 choices would be a MAC-10 and an M-60.  They're my fav. of all the full auto I've had a chance to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to send your M11 to Tactical Innovations. They can convert the grip to accept cheap, yet reliable Sten mags. The conversion costs about $200 and is well worth it since the factory zytel mags tend to wear out.

[url]www.tacticalinc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a couple of M11's and I think that all you need is some buffers and a bunch of ammo. Of course you've already purchased the suppressor right? [:)]

Mags are cheap, just go to [url]www.subguns.com[/url] and you should be able to find all that you want. At $20 a pop for mags I just decided to buy mags instead of getting the conversion done. Plus my guns are consecutive serial numbers and in a million years they might be worth something so I decided to keep them original.

A forward grip is nice, but not needed if you've got a can.

3rd burst would be nice cause these things are pretty fast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
For replacement parts, try [url]www.rpbusa.com[/url].  Download their catalog in .pdf format.  They seem to have pretty good prices.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I'd get (and I may, next year, since prices can only go up) a MAC-10 (the original design, available in .45, 9mm, and .380), instead of a M-11 (smaller, designed for .380 but later adapted for 9mm)...

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a Bowers can.

Macs are even more fun suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.socommfg.com/DSC00683.JPG[/img]

This RPD upper looks like a nice accessory
more pics here: http://www.socommfg.com/requested%20pictures.htm

http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/mgmsg.cgi?read=281190

SOCOM M11/RPD Prototype Test
Posted By: Captain Monty Mendenhall
Date: 5/21/03 11:28

We finally had a day of good wx. Jim Weaver and I took the latest prototype of SOCOM's M11/RPD to the range. Ernie seems to have the bugs worked out. In order to prevent overheating the barrel, we only used one 50-round belt and reloaded it after each test. Even with this delay, the barrel became so hot that grease ran out of the oil-soaked fore end and smoked. In 300 rounds, fired in both semi and full, there was not a single failure to feed or eject.

SOCOM has not received final approval from the BATFE yet. The Tech branch passed it, saying that it was the most innovative thing that they had seen in some time, and sent it on to the Legal branch for a final determination. If they rule on the facts, it should pass the legal test as well. There is no way to attach an operating spring to the new upper receiver (the non-registered part) so it cannot fire like a sputter-gun. The stock and operating spring are attached to the M11's registered receiver in much the same way as is the TASK Slow Fire M11's stock and operating spring. The SOCOM M11/RPD upper receiver, though longer and heavier, is no more capable of firing withouth having the registered lower receiver installed than is an M11 upper receiver. To my knowldge, the BATFE has never expressed concern about the spare M11 upper receivers that are commonly available.

Some have expressed concern that the BATFE may not approve the new SOCOM product because of the caliber change and the change in the feeding method from bottom-feed to side-feed. By precedent, neither change is a problem. Probably the best example of a precedent is is the AR15/M16, calibers from .22LR to .50BMG (single shot) and .50AE semi and full, plus at least two belt fed versions (Ceiner and ARES Shrike).

I forgot to bring the cyclic rate computer to the range but I would guess that the cyclic rate is 700-800 rpm. I could fire double-taps with great regularity. The gas port was set at "2." Next time out, we will reset it to "1" AND see if the functioning is reliable and see if the cyclic reduction is significant.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Tapco has the M11/9 factory zytel mags back in stock for $19.99.

[url]www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG3907&back=yes&dept=159&last=73[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top