Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/20/2003 4:06:37 PM EDT
[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334001[/img]

U.S. soldiers run in a street, as they raid a reputed gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334000[/img]

U.S. soldiers jump over a crash barrier, as they raid a reputed gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334016[/img]

An Iraqi man raises his handcuffed hands still holding prayer beads after being arrested as U.S. troops raid a reputed gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334002[/img]

An Iraqi woman is led away handcuffed after a U.S. troops raid a reputed gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334046[/img]

A U.S. soldier leads away an Iraqi man in handcuffs after troops raided a reputed gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334097[/img]

U.S. soldiers walk with a group of detained Iraqi women as U.S. troops raid a suspected gun market in the center of Baghdad, Monday, May 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331240[/img]

An Iraqi boy looks at a revolver in a gun market in Baghdad, May 11, 2003. In a city bursting with AK-47s, submachine guns and Browning 9mms, U.S. forces are struggling to restore security, one gun at a time. Terrified residents say the weapons are their only protection against robbers, looters and arsonists who have run wild since Saddam Hussein was overthrown. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331239[/img]

An Iraqi man assembles a pistol in a street gun market in Baghdad, May 10, 2003. In a city bursting with AK-47s, submachine guns and Browning 9mms, U.S. forces are struggling to restore security, one gun at a time. Terrified residents say the weapons are their only protection against robbers, looters and arsonists who have run wild since Saddam Hussein was overthrown. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331241[/img]

Iraqis look at a AK-47 rifles in a street gun market in Baghdad, May 10, 2003. Massive arms caches abandoned by Iraqi forces and cleaned out by scavengers have put automatic weapons in the hands of anyone who covets one, endangering any return to peace and stability in Iraq. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331245[/img]

An Iraqi man shows a machine-gun as another one looks around at the situation in a gun market in Baghdad, May 9, 2003. Massive arms caches abandoned by Iraqi forces and cleaned out by scavengers have put automatic weapons in the hands of anyone who covets one, endangering any return to peace and stability in Iraq. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

Hey, I a time of unrest and looting where the military and police number too few in a city of 15 million, the population has the right to arm itself in order to protect themselves until order is restored...

Doggonit.out.

P.S.: Don't tell me that all those Iraqis in the pics are terrorists, they prob. just want to be left alone and stay alive, and if it weren't for the looters and criminals roaming the streets, they prob. wouldn't even want those guns.

Dat's right yo, get out the 9 milly and show 'em who's boss to seize and confiscate them Webley revolvers that the Brits brought to Iraq a million years ago... Nice Webleys by the way...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Slightly different circumstances compared to if it happened here, don't you think?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Slightly.... they would need to get a search warrant or two and they would ask nicely first, them bum-rush you. But in the end, it would be almost the same. Ok, so it will be police and not military, but who knows? Could be NG... if people resist.

Doggonit.out.

BTW: I actually don't believe that all arms will ever be confiscated in the US, I am just showing what could happen if.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
 How does a US troop 'arrest' a foreign citizen/national? Simply doesn't compute.
 Is this 'meals on wheels' by wannabe cop, now?
Does ANYBODY in DC and/or the Pentagon have a clue as to what the point of this silly exercise is? Is it mutant ninja turtles vs metamorph? Ghost
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you finding my post dumb or are you finding the operation dumb? I don't understand you completely, Ghost.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Slightly different circumstances compared to if it happened here, don't you think?[rolleyes]
View Quote
Right now maybe, latter on, no that is how it will be done.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
No fucking way is that even CLOSE to what we're dealing with here.  No way, no how.  Can't even imagine it getting anything like that.

Unless your tinfoil's on a little too tight...  [:P]

Nice pics, though...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]

No fucking way is that even CLOSE to what we're dealing with here.  No way, no how.  Can't even imagine it getting anything like that.
View Quote

Oh and why .
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
WTFE
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Our young are ignorant enough, they'll help the cops do it with joy in their hearts...

After all, guns in the hands of terrorists are dangerous.

[b]U.S. forces are struggling to restore security, one gun at a time. Terrified residents say the weapons are their only protection against robbers, looters and arsonists who have run wild.[/b]

My only protection too. Unlike the Iraqis, I will not live to see the day a uniformed man, (or anyone else), disarms me........

If you're stupid, or ignorant enough to pick up American arms, there's a few folks around who will help clean the gene pool..
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

Um, it's a [u]war zone[/u]?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

View Quote
Maybe it is just practice?? Or someday they will declare war on guns like they have on drugs, and we then will be in a war zone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

View Quote
Maybe it is just practice?? Or someday they will declare war on guns like they have on drugs, and we then will be in a war zone.
View Quote

Think they'll start with cruise missiles?  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#13]
[sarcasm]Those friggin Nazi-US GIs.  Hopefully the Iraqi people will rise up against them and stop this oppression with their arms and defend their right to own them.[/sarcasm]

You people make me physically ill.

Go join DU, maybe they'll like your B.S.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone seen an Iraqi as big as that guy on the right in the last pic?

He must have been bringing extra oil to the UN handout center.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those friggin Nazi-US GIs.  Hopefully the Iraqi people will rise up against them and stop this oppression with their arms and defend their right to own them.

You people make me physically ill.

Go join DU, maybe they'll like your B.S.
View Quote
What makes me ill is the fact that if anyone anywhere needs a firearm for protection it is these people, you dolt.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not just let them use all those WMD's salted around the country?

Got Sarin? (tm)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
NATO's doing the same thing in Bosnia.

Disarming the populace while reinforcing their own troops.

Don't give me this "it's a war zone" crap! The wars over!

Now the US and Britian are trying to restore order. With no order, let the Iraqis get 9MMs.

Instead of arresting gun selling Iraqis ARREST THE REMAINING LAW BREAKERS AND DISRUPTORS!

CRC
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What makes me ill is the fact that if anyone anywhere needs a firearm for protection it is these people, you dolt.
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  I'll take it to heart and lose sleep over it...about as much as I do about the United States Military coming to take my guns.

Next GI that gets sniped, I hope you're on here praising the Iraqi that did it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those friggin Nazi-US GIs.  Hopefully the Iraqi people will rise up against them and stop this oppression with their arms and defend their right to own them.
View Quote

Thats what I would do!!

Some of you are forgetting that the right to bear arms is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT!! American or not. Every man has the right to defend themselves and their families.

Like I said in another thread, some of you are a bunch of hypocrites!! You have changed the rules once again to fit your warped minds. Now you think that only Americans have the right to bear arms? FOOLS!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, so outline the plan that allows GI's to quiz iraq's with guns as to what their real intentions are without getting killed.

Oh, wait, that doesnt matter.  What was I thinking.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Our young are ignorant enough, they'll help the cops do it with joy in their hearts...

After all, guns in the hands of [s]terrorists[/s] [red]civilians[/red] are dangerous.
View Quote

[:)]

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

View Quote

We have a "hot" war right here, between the citizens, the police, and criminals/terrorists. We have a cold war, (could go hot soon), between the citizens and govt/police.

Other than geography, what's the difference?? Innocent American citizens are being killed daily by either criminals, terrorists, or police/federal agents.

We are at war too, and it could go "hot" for you, any time at all....
You got the hardware, and the mindset???
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#23]
This is all part of the United Nations agenda to rid the world of small arms. If small arms are gone, only the militaries would have them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OK, so outline the plan that allows GI's to quiz iraq's with guns as to what their real intentions are without getting killed.

View Quote
What convoluted logic, here is some more of the same, "the next cop that gets shot I hope you can sleep at night" Turn in all guns. [:X*]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK, so outline the plan that allows GI's to quiz [s]iraq's[/s] Americans with guns as to what their real intentions are without getting killed.

View Quote

Here's my "Gene pool" example.....thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing.  I'll take it to heart and lose sleep over it...about as much as I do about the United States Military coming to take my guns.

View Quote

Alright Lumpy!  The United States needs to ban guns in Iraq.  I'm sure any Iraqis that have plans of "sniping" US forces will line right up and turn them in.  Sorta the way gangbangers in the States lined up to turn in their firearms in Kalifornistan, New York City, Washington DC etc..

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Fine don't worry, fact is you will probably be dead before it happens, cause it is down the road a piece, but it will happen, to think otherwise is foolish. Forgive me if I spoke with passion, I am passionate about this subject.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Loosen the tinfoil hats....

Order is trying to be restored in this situation . . .

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Alright Lumpy!  The United States needs to ban guns in Iraq.  I'm sure any Iraqis that have plans of "sniping" US forces will line right up and turn them in.  Sorta the way gangbangers in the States lined up to turn in their firearms in Kalifornistan, New York City, Washington DC etc..

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote
Forget trying to explain it to him , some will never get it, they think they are to smart to let it happen here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

View Quote

We have a "hot" war right here, between the citizens, the police, and criminals/terrorists. We have a cold war, (could go hot soon), between the citizens and govt/police.

Other than geography, what's the difference?? Innocent American citizens are being killed daily by either criminals, terrorists, or police/federal agents.

View Quote

What??????  Please explain the "hot war" I think some of us in the gene pool need help....
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and why .
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Nah, I'm just gonna bitch on the internet about how bad things are getting, talk tough about what I'll do when "the time comes", and then roll over and cry like a baby when they knock on my door...

[;)]
Seriously, I think using the word "war" to describe conditions here is hard to accept when you have the pics above to look at.  Things are difficult in some ways, but nothing like that, IMO.

Do you *really* think that this "police action"

[img]http://www.rand.org/publications/randreview/issues/rr.fall.98/vietnam.gif[/img]

is the same as this one?

[img]http://i.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/wtcrescue/police.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only someone from California would say something like that. Oh no they will never take our assault weapons. Oh no they will never make us wait 8 days to buy a handgun. Oh no they will never take our .50's.  Oh no they will never burn down our houses around us just because we dont like the Govt. that we use to work for. No way any of that could ever happen just because YOU cant imagine it. Didnt you notice that most PD's these days have a tank or two with mounted weapons on them?

No need to imagine, it its already happening to you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#33]
When Hitler disarmed the population of Germany he sent the military who picked up the kids in each neighborhood and let them ride on their trucks.  Of course the kids had been in most of the homes and knew who had guns.  The laughing, smiling kids went to the door and explained that the laughing smiling soldiers wanted the gun.  I expect something such as that would happen.  

Likely about 80% will be turned in when the law is changed and when requested.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only someone from California would say something like that. Oh no they will never take our assault weapons. Oh no they will never make us wait 8 days to buy a handgun. Oh no they will never take our .50's.  Oh no they will never burn down our houses around us just because we dont like the Govt. that we use to work for. No way any of that could ever happen just because YOU cant imagine it. Didnt you notice that most PD's these days have a tank or two with mounted weapons on them?

View Quote

Sigh.  So I guess if I was from Idaho, my ideas would be better, somehow?  

You act like this is California's problem.  It's America's problem, and the sooner you realize it, the better off we'll all be.

BTW, do you *really* imagine this is what America looks like?

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334001[/img]

Then you must also believe this is what YOU look like:

[img]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331245[/img]

It's only logical...

(edited to get the damn pictures right...)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Point and match.......

you all got hogs in CA???
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Not a chance in hell.  [bs]

Have you guys forgotten that little document called the Constitution of the United States?  I suggest you go back and READ it!  You might pay a bit of attention to it this time.

As you read it, try to remember that all military pers take an oath to the Constitution, NOT to any cheesy pol...even the president.  They and the coppers are there to keep society safe...not to bust in our doors and steal our guns!  Also, take a minute to recall just how our representative democratic guvmint(Note...LITTLE "D"!) works.  WE THE PEOPLE, not the JBTs, NOT the effin politicians, NOT the president...but US decides how we are going to live.  At the present time, and for the long-term forseable future, the PEOPLE of America have decided that regardless of what HCI and the liberal pols like Schumer and Feinstein say, we ARE the MILITIA and we CAN own firearms and in most states, carry them concealed.

Now for all of you tinfoil hat wearers peeping around [peep] waiting for those soldiers and JBTs to crash down your door and put the habeus grabbus on your gun toting ass...here is one possible albeit highly improbable scenario:  IF (And this is a HUGE if!) some far distant day in the future, the majority of our citizens does decide to end private ownership of firearms, then we would have to deal with it.  For the time being boyz, rest easy...it ain't like to happen anytime soon.  Yer safe.  [;D]

On the other hand, I know there are some of you that get off letting this shit really get to you...so I offer this in your defense; an Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB).  I hope it helps:  [url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

[url]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334001[/url]

[url]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331245[/url]
View Quote

Looks like it to me.

[img]http://www.statenews.com/editions/042100/protest.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.melbourneflorida.org/police/images/swat1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.warwickpd.org/images/swateam.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hkpro.com/swatgroup.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/images/swat3.jpg[/img]

I guess you see somrthing different!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#38]
My brother has been a US military officer for four years and he has commented about never meeting a fellow officer whos is pro RKBA--plenty of the enlisted folks are but damned few commisioned officers are.   I, being a civilian, haven't met all that many officers, but the few I have (excluding, of course, my brother) ARE anti-RKBA (like the  retired Lieutenant Colonel I was having dinner with a couple of weeks ago was AMAZED that people could buy rifles that shoot the .50BMG round).
I can only imagine how privately owned weapons are viewed in areas under control of US military officers...oh, waitaminute!  I don't have to imagine anymore....Thanks to doggonit!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My brother has been a US military officer for four years and he has commented about never meeting a fellow officer whos is pro RKBA--plenty of the enlisted folks are but damned few commisioned officers are.   I, being a civilian, haven't met all that many officers, but the few I have (excluding, of course, my brother) ARE anti-RKBA (like the  retired Lieutenant Colonel I was having dinner with a couple of weeks ago was AMAZED that people could buy rifles that shoot the .50BMG round).
I can only imagine how privately owned weapons are viewed in areas under control of US military officers...oh, waitaminute!  I don't have to imagine anymore....Thanks to doggonit!
View Quote

Pro or con...it damn well doesn't matter!  Remember what I said about the oath.  Military officers, regardless of their political bent, MUST obey the Constitution.  As long as we are protected by it and the multitude of laws based on it...we have little to fear.  Disobedience is TREASON and that my friend is punishable by life in prison in peacetime and death in wartime.

As to military officers NOT being proRKBA as you mentioned?  Well...I'm a retired military officer with 28 years service and I have lots of friends that are retired military officers.  Most are very pro-RKBA.  Only a few are clueless as you describe and they were REMFs for the most part.

I carry concealed and my safe is chock full of evil black rifles and pistols and here in VA I suspect I'm a pretty fair example of the usual military officer.

Fear not...military officers understand and most are on our side.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Loosen the tinfoil hats....

Order is trying to be restored in this situation . . .

View Quote

Now hold on a minute and THINK, my dear brother, Dr. Jeff.  And you KNOW I mean that in the most sincere and honest way possible.

If YOU were in that same situation, would YOU turn in your guns, and then wait ever so patiently for order to be restored while evil men go about their nefarious deeds?  Or would you defend your FAMILY from harm, regardless of it's source, by any means necessary?

RipMeyer is right.  (Remind me to see my doctor, this is now two times in the past 6 months that I have agreed with Rip! [;)])  The RKBA is a GOD given Right!  It would be our DUTY to defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign or DOMESTIC.

I pray twice a day for the good Lord to bring our Warriors back home safe and sound.  But if they are disarming innocent people, I pray God has mercy on them, because if they did that here they would get NO MERCY from me.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=334001[/url]

[url]http://a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=331245[/url]
View Quote

Looks like it to me.

[url]http://www.statenews.com/editions/042100/protest.JPG[/url]

[url]http://www.melbourneflorida.org/police/images/swat1.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.warwickpd.org/images/swateam.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.hkpro.com/swatgroup.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/images/swat3.jpg[/url]

I guess you see somrthing different!!
View Quote

So that must mean gun-owners look like this?

[img]http://www.foto8.com/issue01/dprisontattoos/prisontattoo05.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.foto8.com/issue01/dprisontattoos/prisontattoo10.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.streetgangs.com/gallery/dos/cholos.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/gangs/images/11.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#42]
The war's over; U.S. forces are basically performing a "policing" action.  And confiscating guns from civilians is part of the process.  If anyone thinks that that can never happen here, then they are smoking some serious herb.

Today, they're doing it to "them Iraqi diaperheads" to make it more palatable to Americans.  In time, it'll happen to us "domestic terrorists" with evil black rifles.

And to think, all this is part of "Operation Iraqi [u]Freedom[/u]".

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So that must mean gun-owners [blue]look like this?[/blue]

[url]http://www.foto8.com/issue01/dprisontattoos/prisontattoo05.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.foto8.com/issue01/dprisontattoos/prisontattoo10.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.streetgangs.com/gallery/dos/cholos.jpg[/url]

[url]http://i.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/gangs/images/11.jpg[/url]
View Quote

How can you decide who is allowed to own guns based on looks?

Are you suggesting that those men do not have a right to defend themselves or their families?
If so your mind is warped. Because they have tattoos they are not allowed to own guns? Hmm, who's side are you on?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You act like this is California's problem.  It's America's problem, and the sooner you realize it, the better off we'll all be.
View Quote

Just stop it. Please.

There's nothing more tedious than the defensive Californian gunowner projecting his own state's failures onto others'.

It doesn't make the state look any better. Really, it doesn't.

So if a point was made that Calfornians succumb a bit quicker to the sunny utopian fantasies of gun-banners, and are thus less likely to see Bad Shit® on the horizon - well, just shut up and take it.

Because it's true.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you suggesting that those men do not have a right to defend themselves or their families?
If so your mind is warped. Because they have tattoos they are not allowed to own guns? Hmm, who's side are you on?
View Quote

Not theirs, that's for sure.  But you're missing the points here- Those men are gang members, many are hard core and are in prison.  And, no, I don't think they have the right to use firearms to do *anything* once they cross that line.  They can go back to using baseball bats, screwdrivers, or hob-nail boots to defend themselves with.

Those are the folks the "JBTs" are tasked with dealng with.  If it was my job, I'd want allthe gear I could get.  Do YOU want to go clean out the crack houses and keep the streets safer for the poor SOBs that have to live with these animals.  Unless you don't give a shit about anybody else but yourself, you have to accept that there are people who need protecting.

The other point you miss is that your LE as ninja-warrior pics are inflammatory.  How do you know those officers aren't cleaning up a neighborhood for the grandmothers and children that are afraid to walk down the street for fear of drive-bys or such.  

That wouldn't be convenient to think about, I guess, since it doesn't fit with your currently held beliefs about the Evil Empire that wants to take away your guns.

Besides, your first pic is of the arrest of a peace demonstrator, maybe even a PETA member, I believe.  Isn't that an OK use of LE?  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just stop it. Please.

There's nothing more tedious than the defensive Californian gunowner projecting his own state's failures onto others'.

It doesn't make the state look any better. Really, it doesn't.

So if a point was made that Calfornians succumb a bit quicker to the sunny utopian fantasies of gun-banners, and are thus less likely to see Bad Shit® on the horizon - well, just shut up and take it.

Because it's true.
View Quote

And *that's* why we're all doomed.  Because you've not figured out that California is still a part of America, and is likely to be the bellweather for your state, whereverthefuckthatis.

I haven't given up on this state, but you have.  That makes YOU the problem, not me.  And not "California".
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

The other point you miss is that your LE as ninja-warrior pics are inflammatory.  How do you know those officers aren't cleaning up a neighborhood for the grandmothers and children that are afraid to walk down the street for fear of drive-bys or such.  

View Quote

DScott, are you suggesting that it is OK to disarm the law abiding folks in those bad neighborhoods just because the gangbangers took a shine to the place?  Would it not make more sense to let the good people have a robust means of defending themselves and their families and neighbors from the gangbangers when the LEO's are not on the scene?  A great number of the citizens of Baghdad want freedom from oppression too.  If disarming the law abiding Iraqis is such a good thing, then the same should hold true for Americans.  When are you going to turn all of your guns in?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

DScott, are you suggesting that it is OK to disarm the law abiding folks in those bad neighborhoods just because the gangbangers took a shine to the place?  Would it not make more sense to let the good people have a robust means of defending themselves and their families and neighbors from the gangbangers when the LEO's are not on the scene?  A great number of the citizens of Baghdad want freedom from oppression too.  If disarming the law abiding Iraqis is such a good thing, then the same should hold true for Americans.  When are you going to turn all of your guns in?
View Quote

People should be empowered to defend themselves, but thugs and criminals should be emasculated.

The Iraqis will have their chance, soon enough.  As long as we're in charge, we have the right to maintain security anyway we see fit.  I hope we're out of their soon.

The rest of your post is just wierd logic.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#49]
What I can't understand is why they can't get their BDU's the same color! In the 1st pic one guy has on 3 color desert and a woodland helmet cover and one other guy has on woodland BDU's and a 3 color helmet cover and the other guy has on woodland with marpat...Well, at least all their boots match...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen an Iraqi as big as that guy on the right in the last pic?

He must have been bringing extra oil to the UN handout center.
View Quote

Holy crap!
So that's where all the food support stuff has been going!!!

And I think what doggonit's saying is that this is how the LEOs and ATF and FBI will come in someday...

ADDED:
Hey cool, all behold my 700th post!!![party]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top