Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/20/2003 8:53:24 AM EDT
Is it a portion of socal security? Just trying to figure out how it works... Is "FUTA" part of FICA???
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:00:52 PM EDT
Your employer pays a sum each month into Unemployment insurance. It is administered by the state, hence the difference in maximum amount of benefits by state. The Fed gov, has several times set up a fund to extend benefits beyond the 26 weeks you get when you are on UI. It is not FICA or SS It is taxable. dave
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:48:32 PM EDT
In this state, it shows-up as SCESC, South Carolina Employment Security Commission. On our company's checks, we display it, but it isn't subtracted from the employee's pay. It's just about useless if you are a skilled worker, and I've never heard of someone with more job skills than a janitor successfully collecting more than a week or so of payments from them. When my last employer went out of business, I only collected one week's worth, because I wouldn't accept the minimum wage (was actually even a little lower than minimum since you had to pay uniforms and locker fees) job they thought I was "perfect" for.z
Top Top