Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 11:45:22 AM EDT
Well guys, here's my first and last dinner pic.  Had to celebrate the last of the venison.

Grilled backstrap, smashed taters, crowder peas, mixed vegies, fresh radishes from my garden, and a fine glass of Rabbit Ridge merlot.

Colt Gold Cup .45ACP, handmade knife by a friend.  No napkin needed, I'm single and have a sleeve.  No stupid tape measure.

Whadda you think?

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12238[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No napkin needed, I'm single and have a sleeve.  No stupid tape measure.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

hmmmm, could this be why you are still single?!?

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

hmmmm, could this be why you are still single?!?

ByteTheBullet (-:
View Quote

I would guess it's because he eats off of pink plates.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would guess it's because he eats off of pink plates.

-Nuke
View Quote

Nope, the plates were purchased by the ex-wife.

It is about all she left me.

Being a guy, I don't care what color they are.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!

But why the last dinner pic?

(edited because my question was answered in the above post)
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Please tell us that you did not pay good money for a pink plate! It was a hand-me-down that your Mom wanted to get rid of, right?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
They always forget the stapler.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The pink highlights reflecting off the gun look pretty.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Please tell us that you did not pay good money for a pink plate! It was a hand-me-down that your Mom wanted to get rid of, right?
View Quote

Please read post above.

What's with you guys.  You sound like a bunch of interior decorators!

Look at the food. It's what matters.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great !! but lose the lima beans **ACK**[:X*]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, that GC looks like MY pimp gun! Gotta love the tactical bright stainless[:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
 No stupid tape measure.

Whadda you think?
View Quote

I think your entry is disqualified..Try again! [;D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 No stupid tape measure.

Whadda you think?
View Quote

I think your entry is disqualified..Try again! [;D]
View Quote

No problem.  As my (former) friend TomJefferson points out, looking at my picture, it obvious that I eat every day.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Man dont rag on the "china." That is some valuable stuff if it is origional.  Fiesta Ware.  We have the complete set (made back in the .50s) and we came to find out it is quite valuable.  The Cobalt Blue stuff is especially valuable cause they used cobalt in the pigments -- sets off the gieger counters.  Do not rag on the pink plate.

Thats a fine looking 1911 btw
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Man dont rag on the "china." That is some valuable stuff if it is origional.  Fiesta Ware.  We have the complete set (made back in the .50s) and we came to find out it is quite valuable.  The Cobalt Blue stuff is especially valuable cause they used cobalt in the pigments -- sets off the gieger counters.  Do not rag on the pink plate.

Thats a fine looking 1911 btw
View Quote

This is what I love about this site.  Who wouldda thought that someone on a gun board would recognize Fiesta Ware?

And thanks.  The Gold Cup shoots just like you would expect.  One ragged hole if I do my part.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Everythings cool except the pink plate.  Fiesta Ware?  Is there a Barbie face on the back?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Everythings cool except the pink plate.  Fiesta Ware?  Is there a Barbie face on the back?
View Quote

I give up.

Next time, I'm going to eat the stuff directly from the pots.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The plate looks ceramic...possibly Frankoma, but I don't think they ever used such a eyeburning pink glaze (though they did do a Terra Cotta Rose that is bright pink..don't have a ref book handy) & the pattern doesn't look familiar.  McCoy possibly?  It's disgusting how much I've learned by osmosis about ceramic dinnerware just by my P&M being collectors.

BTW, the knife handle *looks* to be celluloid, probably the same vintage as the plate if not older.  The neat plate & knife make up for the lack of tape measure or stapler.....[;D]

egad, I'm not the only goof who payed more attention to the damn plate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Wine out of the glass? Were you expecting company?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Next time, I'm going to eat the stuff directly from the pots.
View Quote

Thats how John Wayne would have done it!
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

BTW, the knife handle *looks* to be celluloid, probably the same vintage as the plate if not older.  The neat plate & knife make up for the lack of tape measure or stapler.....
View Quote

Finally!  A man with some class.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Now thats a meal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Belfry_Express is correct....the pretty pink plate is Fiesta Ware, while surfing a collector site they had this exact style plate in the Fiesta Ware section.  
If I ever get set up to host pix (& I actually cook something...) I'll be sure to have the vittles on some of my Woodland Moss colored Frankoma plates, along with my 50's style anodized aluminum drinking cups & celluloid handled knives & forks....[BD][:E][%|]

And I won't forget the tape measure or stapler....[;D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Those are some tasty lookin radishes!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

For those of us who have not followed all of these dinner pics--what in the hell is the stapler for? The tape measure, yeah, but stapler?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

For those of us who have not followed all of these dinner pics--what in the hell is the stapler for? The tape measure, yeah, but stapler?
View Quote

It is a simple matter of drawing the line in the sand.

Dinner pics should consist of:
1. Meal
2. Firearm
3. Knife

That's it.

The addition of the ruler and/or stapler, or anything else, is crossing the line.  We must put our collective foot down.  It has to end somewhere.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It is a simple matter of drawing the line in the sand.

1. Meal
2. Firearm
3. Knife

That's it.

The addition of the ruler and/or stapler, or anything else, is crossing the line.  We must put our collective foot down.  It has to end somewhere.  

View Quote

Even though I was being a smart-ass, who started the whole tape measure/stapler bit anyways?  I agree, left unchecked this trend could snowball into yard tools, cordless drills & other power tools, Zuni fetish dolls, etc.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Venison. [puke]

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Point being--I can see how this dinner pic thing evolved or devolved into a dick measuring contest--requiring tapes. But the stapler doesn't make any sense to me. What? Staple your nutsack to the edge of the table would prove you more manly than all the rest?

Curious minds would like to know.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey, that GC looks like MY pimp gun! Gotta love the tactical bright stainless[:D]
View Quote
Everyone should have at least one flash gun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Tape measure!!! We don't need no Stinkin' tape Measure!

Fidel
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
These guys got it all wrong. Staplers are for BREAKFAST pics. Dinner pics don't require it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Not a big veggie person here but it looks very nice.  I wouldn't rag on your plates either.. Hubby has some odd aztec lookin crap we don't use.  But hey..if you ever wanna borrow it I've got a nice turtle one my daughter uses. [:)]  Very sturdy surprisingly...hehe.

Better to have a plate I say than to see such a nice meal on a paper one.  

Might I suggest perhaps the firearm pointing almost directly across the table is why women are afraid to eat with you?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Might I suggest perhaps the firearm pointing almost directly across the table is why women are afraid to eat with you?
View Quote

Thanks, HeldHostage.  The only valuable piece of advice I've gotten so far. I'll point my gun elsewhere.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
These guys got it all wrong. Staplers are for BREAKFAST pics. Dinner pics don't require it.
View Quote

Not to be a sea lawyer but "breakfast" & "dinner" might need to be qualified.  I never eat typical "breakfast" food for breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, cold cereal, oatmeal etc I usually eat later in the day while watching primetime TV/late night after being out all evening.  First food in the morning usually entails reheated leftovers from the night before...steak, burgers etc.
So, if I cook up a Denver omelette & hashbrowns to eat in the early evening, do I include a stapler or tape measure in my pic? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not to be a sea lawyer but "breakfast" & "dinner" might need to be qualified.  I never eat typical "breakfast" food for breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, cold cereal, oatmeal etc I usually eat later in the day while watching primetime TV/late night after being out all evening.  First food in the morning usually entails reheated leftovers from the night before...steak, burgers etc.
So, if I cook up a Denver omelette & hashbrowns to eat in the early evening, do I include a stapler or tape measure in my pic? [:D]
View Quote

Easy.

1. Meal
2. Firearm
3. Knife

That's it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No, I believe that unless you slept all day, and the eggs/sausage meal you're eating in the early evening is the first meal after waking up, then it is still dinner, thus no stapler required. Might need to get ETH in on this one....[8D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well guys, here's my first and last dinner pic.  Had to celebrate the last of the venison.

Grilled backstrap, smashed taters, crowder peas, mixed vegies, fresh radishes from my garden, and a fine glass of Rabbit Ridge merlot.
Colt Gold Cup .45ACP, handmade knife by a friend.  No napkin needed, I'm single and have a sleeve.  No stupid tape measure. Whadda you think?
View Quote

I think you don't have a tape measure!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top