Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/19/2003 8:16:10 AM EDT
Haven't mentioned it previously on site, but I have been unemplyed for the past 6+ months. Having been unceremoniously dumped by the security outfit I'd been with the past 6 years, I decided to try and 1) get back to what I had done for the 20 years previously, and 2) to get the hell out of metro Atlanta, which has become a real pit of pollution, high prices and nasty people over the past 10 years or so. It's taken from last October to now, but I finally am going back to work---doing counseling at a Georgia state prison facility in the beautiful mountainous countryside of Northwest Georgia[:D] Don't know if I'm more excited about the job or the location. It'll be great to start working with people again, but equally terrific to be able to take my 6 year old out into the mountains, and show him the joys of clean air and green woods. [:D]. Since the work location is right near both the Alabama and Tennessee stae lines, we might even live out of the state. One added plus, the prison HAS A FIRING RANGE, outdoors and at least 100 yards. Hoping I can get to use it during off hours. Man, this is one happy day [:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:24:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:43:01 AM EDT
Outstanding! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:47:04 AM EDT
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So.......when are you hosting a shoot??? hmmmmmmm? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:57:01 AM EDT
Congrats on the new job!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:07:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Belfry_Express: COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So.......when are you hosting a shoot??? hmmmmmmm? [;)]
View Quote
Wellll; it's going to take us a couple of months to get moved out there, and probably a couple of months more to figure out how and where to have it----so how about Octoberish? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:38:02 AM EDT
Congratulations!! We will miss you at our shoots, though.[:(] Yes I remember seeing you at a shoot, heck I can probably dig up a picture or two.[:)] Let us know if you need any help. ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:20:04 PM EDT
I thought it was going to be hell moving away from the beautiful mountains of Tennessee to the flatlands of IL, but getting a job at Armalite (especially with employee discounts) seems to have made things better!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:36:55 PM EDT
Congrats. Nothing feels better than liking what you do for a living.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:49:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shamayim:
Originally Posted By Belfry_Express: COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So.......when are you hosting a shoot??? hmmmmmmm? [;)]
View Quote
Wellll; it's going to take us a couple of months to get moved out there, and probably a couple of months more to figure out how and where to have it----so how about Octoberish? [:D]
View Quote
Just in time for fall break. Wonnderful! [;D]
Top Top