Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 8:16:10 AM EDT
Haven't mentioned it previously on site, but I have been unemplyed for the past 6+ months.  Having been unceremoniously dumped by the security outfit I'd been with the past 6 years, I decided to try and 1) get back to what I had done for the 20 years previously, and 2) to get the hell out of metro Atlanta, which has become a real pit of pollution, high prices and nasty people over the past 10 years or so.

It's taken from last October to now, but I finally am going back to work---doing counseling at a Georgia state prison facility in the beautiful mountainous countryside of Northwest Georgia[:D]

Don't know if I'm more excited about the job or the location.  It'll be great to start working with people again, but equally terrific to be able to take my 6 year old out into the mountains, and show him the joys of clean air and green woods. [:D].

Since the work location is right near both the Alabama and Tennessee stae lines, we might even live out of the state.

One added plus, the prison HAS A FIRING RANGE, outdoors and at least 100 yards.  Hoping I can get to use it during off hours.

Man, this is one happy day [:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding!
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So.......when are you hosting a shoot???
hmmmmmmm? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the new job!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmmmm? [;)]
View Quote

Wellll; it's going to take us a couple of months to get moved out there, and probably a couple of months more to figure out how and where to have it----so how about Octoberish? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations!! We will miss you at our shoots, though.[:(] Yes I remember seeing you at a shoot, heck I can probably dig up a picture or two.[:)] Let us know if you need any help.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was going to be hell moving away from the beautiful mountains of Tennessee to the flatlands of IL, but getting a job at Armalite (especially with employee discounts) seems to have made things better!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats. Nothing feels better than liking what you do for a living.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmmmm? [;)]
View Quote

Wellll; it's going to take us a couple of months to get moved out there, and probably a couple of months more to figure out how and where to have it----so how about Octoberish? [:D]
View Quote

Just in time for fall break.  Wonnderful! [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top