Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:38:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 7:35:28 AM EDT by TheRicker]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:41:16 AM EDT
should this even be a discussion? whats wrong with it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:52:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 6:59:34 AM EDT by Scottman]
Women should be at home managing the home and taking care of the children. Men should be working and defending and running the country. Edited to add yeah, bring back the literacy test too! Yeah, I'm serious. Scott
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:54:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 6:56:03 AM EDT by liberty86]
The founders were right, women shouldn't vote. Nor, should those who can't spell "privalege". [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:57:43 AM EDT
I have been under the impression women could be as skilful in most endeavors as are men. And, I thought their intellect should at least be equal in any sufficient distribution. I really believed and believe all those things. BUT, the country has gone to hell since they had the vote. Look at all that has been trotted into office since then. I think it is best summed up by a conversation I overheard on a New York City subway in 1960 when I was in my first year of High School. The young female thing was talking about Kennedy and said (in response to some question about ability or policy), "Oh, I don't know about that, but when he speaks he just does something to me inside." This was with a really gushing, oooh-ooooh voice. The beginning of the end of America began with the inauguration of Kennedy and what he put into positions and started. So, though I believe women have the brainpower, there is some other element in there, and one cant argue with the result. Look at Feinswine and Boxedup, as well as others in office. Don't you think they were run by the parties to get the woman vote? What do you think Hitlery is banking on?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:58:49 AM EDT
OK call me a wimp...I think conservative, constitutionalist women should be allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:05:23 AM EDT
People who pay taxes, not suck up welfare, should be the only ones to vote. Remember when male property owners could only vote? Why is it that welfare freeloaders vote to increase taxes...hmmm...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:17:07 AM EDT
Depends on what time of the month that the election falls.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:29:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheRicker: Spurred on by another topic and a conversation I had over the weekend - I thought I should ask the question here. What are your thoughts on women voting?
View Quote
You know on one of the episodes of the man show, Jimmy and Adam got 8 of 10 women in NYC that they talked to, to sign a petition to end womens suffrage. Makes ya think.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:31:23 AM EDT
There some pretty smart women around, what I like to see them bring back, is that in order vote, you had to own property.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:50:32 AM EDT
Only stupid people should be denied the right to vote. Stupid male voters do just as much harm as stupid female voters. There are plenty of conservative women out there. They don't all vote for the best looking candidate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:04:38 AM EDT
a begrudging yes [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:07:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Max_Power: Only stupid people should be denied the right to vote. Stupid male voters do just as much harm as stupid female voters. There are plenty of conservative women out there. They don't all vote for the best looking candidate.
View Quote
Tell that to Bill Clinton....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:11:28 AM EDT
Do we need to own land and pay a poll tax too? dumb question IMO
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:11:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord: ...what I like to see them bring back, is that in order vote, you had to own property.
View Quote
Yep. Only property-owners should be allowed to vote. Not bums. Not transients. Not illegal aliens. Not renters. Not Section 8/Public housing scabs. [b]PROPERTY OWNERS![/B] [stick]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:12:00 AM EDT
As a property and business owner who suppports the RKBA, *my* vote would not be allowed, but some crackhead welfare scum male's vote WOULD be? Based solely, in your eyes, on the fact that he has a penis? Yes, the fact that you cannot even spell the word "privilege" does indeed show a certain level of education and native intelligence.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:17:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: As a property and business owner who suppports the RKBA, *my* vote would not be allowed, but some crackhead welfare scum male's vote WOULD be? Based solely, in your eyes, on the fact that he has a penis?
View Quote
Well there ya' go. Penis envy rears it's ugly head. [peep] [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:18:42 AM EDT
[size=6][red]YOU GO GIRL!!![/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:22:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
Originally Posted By warlord: ...what I like to see them bring back, is that in order vote, you had to own property.
View Quote
Yep. Only property-owners should be allowed to vote. Not bums. Not transients. Not illegal aliens. Not renters. Not Section 8/Public housing scabs. [b]PROPERTY OWNERS![/B] [stick]
View Quote
I own property, A G21 and an L42A1 Enfield, they say I can vote.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:29:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:31:07 AM EDT
Yes, but the voting age should be raised to 21.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:31:39 AM EDT
Macallen: Penis envy? Not even. As a female, I have the improved plumbing set and certainly wouldn't want the old style exposed pipes. I don't envy men, nor do I want to be one. I do love my male family and friends very much though. But I refuse to be denied my right to vote by *anyone* who thinks they are better than me because of gender. And I *am* armed to the teeth. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:34:32 AM EDT
TheRicker: By even *asking* this question, you indicate a certain fence sitting mentality concerning the issue. It's nothing new here, the topic has been brought up many times before. The answer remains the same. Want to steal my right to vote? Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:36:52 AM EDT
Molon Labia?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:37:16 AM EDT
If females did not have the right to vote, there would have only been ONE DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT in the 20th Century! I rest my case, Your honor! Eric The(MenLikedFDR,WhoCanExplaniThat?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:41:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: TheRicker: By even *asking* this question, you indicate a certain fence sitting mentality concerning the issue. It's nothing new here, the topic has been brought up many times before. The answer remains the same. Want to steal my right to vote? Molon Labe.
View Quote
HEAR HEAR Ma'am
Yes, but the voting age should be raised to 21.
View Quote
Why? I paid taxes LOOOOOONG before I turned 21. I can die for my country LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before I turn 21. And I was p'roally more informed about the issues than 90% of voting americans. I take my voting very seriously, I research all the candidates, all the issues. If I miss an election, I feel GUILTY because I shirked the biggest responsibility that every American has. Before you start putting arbitrary rules down, THINK about what you are doing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:00:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:04:38 AM EDT
My girlfriend's pretty busy right now, she wants to know if your willing to take a job as a nanny. She might even toss in a raise
View Quote
No thanks. I have a pretty good job. If she's too busy to be a mother, she should have thought about that before the fact. Scott
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:08:05 AM EDT
Is this a joke? Of course they should be able to vote, regardless of their political leanings. Again, is this a joke?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:19:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:21:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: She doesn't have any children actually, she was really looking for someone to play with the cat while she's at work.
View Quote
[b]That's[/b] tempting! Room and board included? [lol] Scott
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:23:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 9:44:49 AM EDT by TRW]
Jack Nicholsons character in [u]As Good as it gets[/u] on how he writes the female parts in his books....... "I think of a man....and then take away logic and reasoning" Need I say more?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:42:50 AM EDT
I think the system is just fine the way it is. Yeah crackheads can vote, so can dumbasses, morons and giggly little girls who will vote for the "cutest" candidate and I say, so what. The majority of america will always be down the center and that is who makes the decisions. Skewing the electorate in favor or your views guarantees revolution on the part of the disinfranchised. Is that what you want? with the exception of the few tin foil hat types, my guess is probably most do not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:47:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 9:50:42 AM EDT by Kar98]
It's not [i]en vogue[/i] anymore to discriminate against one part of the population, so another part, only 50% or thereabouts, is the next, safe target for the knuckle-draggers? And you guys wonder why there are radical feminists who would rather cut off your balls and feed them to flea-infested racoons rather than staying at home to rear your children.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:51:12 AM EDT
Women always vote for the canidate with the nicest hairdo.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:15:32 AM EDT
Any more knuckle draggers care to check in?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:19:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: Any more knuckle draggers care to check in?
View Quote
[b]Asking[/b] for it? [lol] Scott
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:47:25 AM EDT
No, just making a list for future reference. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:47:34 AM EDT
While the morality of nnot allowing women to vote is questionable, it is true that since they have had the vote, the country has gone into an afterburner nosedive. It is statistically proven that women, on average, value security over liberty. This being the case, it is clear that as a group, women will sell your liberty for their security. Make of that what you will.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
Nay
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:07:36 AM EDT
CassidyGT, There are a myriad of things that have changed in this country in this same time frame. What makes you so sure that women's suffrage is the cause of all of this? I personally blame the creation of the Federal Reserve. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:53:34 AM EDT
Just as a point of information, one of the theories about why Arab society is so fvcked up is that half the population (women) have no vote, nor basic human rights. I dind't vote in this pole because I thinks it's foolish , but if you want to live in a society where women have no rights, I invite you to live in Saudi Arabia for a while. The big brown eyes on those camels will start looking mighty good to you after a while. Why do you think they are so pissed off all the time? Frankly, I like my women smart, educated and shod(especially in spiked heals)[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:10:25 PM EDT
The ability to discriminate against me based solely on my gender ended long ago. I see a few of you are still wishing for the cave days when you could just club women and drag them back to your hollowed out rock. The idea that women should not be allowed to vote is ludicrous. Don't tell me that women vote for the nicest hair, voice or face, when I know a lot of men who vote based on the politicians belief that he can get marijuana legalized. You can die for your country at 18, you can vote at 18, you can drive at 16, but you still can't drink until you're 21. Why..well let's see..even at the age of 21 you're still maturing. If they're going to hand you guns and send you off to die, you should be allowed to vote. I vote for what I know and what I think is right. I vote because I have a voice and am allowed to have my say in things. I rent because I can't afford to buy a house right now. Gee, does this make me any less capable of rendering a decision?? No it does not. Men are just as foolish as women sometimes when it comes to voting. How else did Jesse Ventura get elected??? Gee..because he was a wrestler. No one gave a hoot about how he was going to do. You're all just lucky he turned out somewhat decent. If I can work, pay taxes, support your unemployed butts and raise my family, I can vote for the next schmuck who'll give you shlubs more of my money..at least this way I have a slight say in how it's going to be distributed. So, in short.. women vote. And there is way too much testosterone here! Ya don't like it, get off my planet! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:05:04 PM EDT
excellent post HH, basically my feelings exactly
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:10:02 PM EDT
Ok....women can vote...just not on anti-gun laws....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:11:53 PM EDT
[LOLabove]Just female, dizzy blonde, Barbie types shouldn't be allowed to vote.[nana]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:24:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: As a property and business owner who suppports the RKBA, *my* vote would not be allowed, but some crackhead welfare scum male's vote WOULD be? Based solely, in your eyes, on the fact that he has a penis?
View Quote
[^] She said it. I don't see how this even comes up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:43:58 PM EDT
These are the same people who can't decide whether or not to use a check or a check card in front of me at the grocery store, and we're going to let them make decicions like who runs our country? That's friggin nuts. End sufferage now!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:47:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigJ491: These are the same people who can't decide whether or not to use a check or a check card in front of me at the grocery store, and we're going to let them make decicions like who runs our country? That's friggin nuts. End sufferage now!
View Quote
Oh that one's easy..debit card, thanks. Sure, why don't we let the color blind male who has his favorite 20 year old sports jersey and still hasn't learned to properly wipe his butt, creating skid marks, make the decision for us. That seems like a much better idea!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:24:09 PM EDT
I LOVE THIS SITE! [:D]
Top Top