Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:43:35 PM EDT
Why is it that it is SO EASY to gain weight but a pain in the ass to lose it?

Why is it SO EASY to spend money but so hard to earn it?

Why cant we work for the first 18 years of our lives so we can APPRECIATE school, then we will respect education?

Why cant the cops and teachers make baseball player salaries? They are the ones that earn it. (Well, Most of them at least)

Just things we were thinking about tonight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy retirement. You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for High School. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last 9 months floating... then you finish off as an orgasm! Amen.

George Carlin
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
God is testing you.
Also, we are reaping much what we have sown when it comes to political affairs.[:(]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why cant the cops and teachers make baseball player salaries? They are the ones that earn it. (Well, Most of them at least)
View Quote

Because millions of people can teach school, not everyone can play major league baseball and millions of people are willing to pay big bucks to watch them do so.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always said teachers should be the highest paid profession in the country. Not millions like ballplayers, but well paid like lawyers and doctors. That way the most capable and brighest people would be more apt to be teachers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my favorite sayings of late has been acknowledging that schools (colleges) are totally inverted from reality.  Come on, what other organization exists where the employees get the better parking places and those who are paying have to walk blocks to class!!

Not to try to hijack the thread, but I am gradually learing why education, at least, is so backwards.  In my home county school district, they recognize only teaching when it comes to counting experience.  For example, if a retired chemical engineer decides to apply his/her knowledge gained from years in the field to teaching, the Board of Education would consider that experience worth no more than a what a kid right out of college has.  Only teaching experience counts - not experience in the subject matter.  Go figure!

Does this help explain some of life's inversions?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Teacher's Union
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top