Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:16:56 PM EDT
No, I'm not talking about guns, I'm talking about toilets.

If I were to try to bring in a pre-ban high capacity toilet from Canada, would I get stopped at the border? What would the penalty be?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you just planning on bringing in the bowl or the whole thing? Why not just to ebay or crapper.com and get your Made in the USA pre-ban?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No shit - I heard there was a real market for preban shitters.  My stepdad's plumbing shop had a good selection of high-cap toilet tanks.

If you want to smuggle something worth real money without the legal consequences of smuggling coke, how about smuggling refrigerant in from Mexico?

When I worked at the chem lab, I used stuff that cost 400 bucks/3 liters, and we only got it at that price because we used a lot of it an we were an old customer.  The manufacture of that stuff was banned as a ozone layer removing chemical.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get caught, tell them you don't plan on installing it.  Tell them you collect toilets and this is a rare model only made in Alberta.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi cap toilets aren't illegal, they just aren't code anymore.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi cap krappers? - you gotta be shittin me....
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The new power flushers work even better though.  My house came with the standard post ban and they suck.  Already replaced one and will probably replace the other.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]
A plumbing shop owner I was talking to the other day confessed that our northern buddies is his secret place to refresh his supply of toilet brushes!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you get caught, tell them you don't plan on installing it.  Tell them you collect toilets and this is a rare model only made in Alberta.
View Quote

Al Bundy mode:   "It's a Ferguson,  just like my daddy had!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top