Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 6:26:32 AM EDT
Last three times I have stopped in the supermarket I have been behind some woman using the Bridge Card! That means it takes three times as long because they have to ring up her food and shit and she pays with the card, then they ring up her booze and cigs and she has to then try to pay in cash or with a check.

Then the bitches get into new GMs in the lot. (GM and Delphi company town).

WTF! I bust my ass to pay for my own damn food and place to live, working 60 hours a week, and these bitches get everything free and drive their baby daddies new SUVs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm

What is a bridge card??
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So you're mad that poor people get to drive somebody else's car? Should poor people not have a car, or are you saying that if you have a car then you aren't poor? You don't sound very happy to be Happyshooter.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bridge Card is an ATM and CC style card which combines the food stamps and monetary benefits of the welfare class into one easy to carry card, thus giving them self respect.

The reasons it pisses me off are, one, they hold up the line badly, and two, they get into brand new SUVs after buying food with my tax money through food stamps, and booze and cigs with my tax money through cash payments.

[url]http://www.michigan.gov/emi/0,1303,7-102-697-2316--F,00.html[/url]

What is a Bridge Card?  

Answer:  
Customers access their cash assistance accounts--Family Independence Program, State Disability Assistance, and Food Benefits (formerly Food Stamps)--using a debit card known as the Michigan "Bridge Card." Customers qualifying for expedited food stamp benefits that do not have a Bridge Card may receive one at the local office or have one mailed to their address. Over the county issued Bridge Cards are not temporary cards. Mailed Bridge Cards have the customer's name printed on them; however, the cards received from the local office do not. Customers are instructed to keep their Bridge Card and PIN in separate places.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I use my Bridge Card to purchase gas?  

Answer:  
You will be able to use your cash benefits on your Bridge Card wherever you see the QUEST mark with the dollar sign symbol.  
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top