BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 1:49:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go for it myself.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one at one time.  I got it ramped/throated and a trigger job done on it.  It was SCHWEEEEET!!  It was one of the few handguns that I could shoot accurately at 25yds.  

But I traded it on another gun.  If there is one gun I could have back, that would be the one.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
FN contract handgun. Well made, high quality and reliable.

BUT these are also surplus and the cheaper ones are often very worn and need work and parts replaced.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

BUT these are also surplus and the cheaper ones are often very worn and need work and parts replaced.
View Quote

SA - Tried to IM you but your mailbox is full.  Can you get your hands on one of these?  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185234&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one of these a few months ago, and it is the most accurate 9mm I have had the pleasure to shoot.  The two drawbacks are the tiny sights, and the mag safety gives a different trigger pull with each magazine.  Magazines are available also, the mil. contract mags are far superior to the aftermarket. Ops
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I spotted one of these at the gun show today.
Looks good but I dont know anything about them.

Good gun?
POS?

Its real nice with Hogue grips and I guess 1 mag.
$275 I can get it for $250 MAYBE $250 OTD.

Advice? opinions?
View Quote

Do you mean the FM or the FN contract gun?
That's a deal for the FN.
The FM is a good gun and that is an average price.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
MY BROTHER HAS ONE. HE LOVES IT AND SHOOTS IT EXTREMELY WELL BUT THE FRONT SIGHT BROKE OFF. IT WAS STAKED. THE GUY WHO PUT THE DOVETAIL IN FOR HIM SCREWED IT UP. NOW HE NEEDS A NEW SLIDE. THE SLIDE CRACKED AS WELL UP AROUND THE FRONT SIGHT. COULD OF BEEN BECAUSE OF THE DOVETAILING. SLIDES ARE HARD TO FIND. BROWNELLS WANTED 700. THATS RIGHT OVER TWICE WHAT A NEW GUN COSTS.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

SA - Tried to IM you but your mailbox is full.  Can you get your hands on one of these?  
View Quote

Yes but inet handgun sales aren't very cost effective. With 2 day air shipping requirements from wholesaler to me then me to your FFL, even if I sold it at my cost, you could still probably find it cheaper locally.

Here's a crappy pic of mine.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQDiAisSKjpy8A6y1EHTc0*oAgxdK4hzgVd1bZ6JuAi1HKp5mcroYKHz3O!CijmtNlHM*yxDIuLFkGChwWHehopS84qpX0B8hr!KKDV3KJ8/b02.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a buddy that swears by them, though some have a nasty baked on finish (not sure what it is). Its functional, but damned ugly.

I've got an FEG HiPower, cost about $200 & looks great (you got to pick & choose, some don't look very hot). Some worry about the quality of these but mine has never failed, I love it, just make sure you check it out well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#11]
The ARGENTINE HP's look pretty good quality, I
think the same people also make FAL type rifles? for the ARGENTINE military.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spotted one of these at the gun show today.
Looks good but I dont know anything about them.

Good gun?
POS?

Its real nice with Hogue grips and I guess 1 mag.
$275 I can get it for $250 MAYBE $250 OTD.

Advice? opinions?
View Quote

Do you mean the FM or the FN contract gun?
That's a deal for the FN.
The FM is a good gun and that is an average price.
View Quote

the FM and the FN contract guns were made by the same company, they started marking them FM after the FN contract ran out and the FN inspectors left. FM = "Fabrica Militar", is short for DGFMAP, the same company that made the Sistema 1927s under Colt license. There is some talk that the later FM marked pistols are of spotty quality due to the economy tanking in Argentina, I can't verify this. I do have an FM marked hipower and it is a good shooter. A good source of info on hipowers is [url]www.fnhipower.com[/url]. Just do a search on FM and Argentine hipowers there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/20399/p/322239_6603295843662149001_t.jpg[/img]

Love mine to death.

Easier to see [url]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pe8ddc59d2f9454ee7566506a790461f4/fdd32d0e.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OK you guys talked me into it!

The dealer was in a BAD mood! I usually break (brake) his balls and get the price trimmed since I've bought 15 or so guns from him in the last 3 years. No joy this time!
I finally got him down to $260 and hauled buggy before I got my ass beat!

[IMG]www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/20394/p/322173_2155265476327975471_vl.jpg[/IMG]

It looks and feels good! The mag looks like a cheapo but the Hogues are like new so thats about $30 saved right there!

Range report later. Thanks for all the help!
View Quote

Looks PURTY!  When I had mine I put on an oversized safety and slide release.  Well worth the few dollar IMO.  Check to see if it will feed hollowpoints as well.  Mine hiccuped a couple of times until I got it ramped.

I sure do miss that thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OK you guys talked me into it!

The dealer was in a BAD mood! I usually break (brake) his balls and get the price trimmed since I've bought 15 or so guns from him in the last 3 years. No joy this time!
I finally got him down to $260 and hauled buggy before I got my ass beat!

[IMG]www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/20394/p/322173_2155265476327975471_vl.jpg[/IMG]

It looks and feels good! The mag looks like a cheapo but the Hogues are like new so thats about $30 saved right there!

Range report later. Thanks for all the help!
View Quote

You did very well, I paid $320 for mine. Note the rails machined into the front of the slide where it meets the dust cover. On some of the FM pistols (yours for example), this was done  to improve accuracy and supposedly is not present on the most current FM hipowers. According to the research I've done, this means that you got a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top