Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 8:59:07 AM EDT
So I'm sitting here board at work and I get a call from  friend, Someone he works with is looking to sell a RDIAS for $3000, needs the cash, for what I don't know i don't care. My friend tells me there is someone interested in it but since he knows I'm looking for one he decided to call me before any cash changed hands to see if i want it. HELL YAH I want it! But I just dropped $2700 thursday for the deposit on a .308 bolt gun I'm having built, so I'm SOL as my gun fund is expended. I can't freaking believe this. I've been looking for a RDIAS that I could afford, and as soon as I spend the money one finds me!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm sitting here board at work and I get a call from  friend, Someone he works with is looking to sell a RDIAS for $3000, needs the cash, for what I don't know i don't care. My friend tells me there is someone interested in it but since he knows I'm looking for one he decided to call me before any cash changed hands to see if i want it. HELL YAH I want it! But I just dropped $2700 thursday for the deposit on a .308 bolt gun I'm having built, so I'm SOL as my gun fund is expended. I can't freaking believe this. I've been looking for a RDIAS that I could afford, and as soon as I spend the money one finds me!!!
View Quote

Do whatever it takes, that's a deal you're never going to come across.

I was looking for a RDIAS, but gave up because I can't find one.  Even if I did, I'd expect to pay $5-6K.

So take out an advance from a CC, or sell a couple guns.  Do it now!  Or let me at it. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Do whatever it takes, that's a deal you're never going to come across.

I was looking for a RDIAS, but gave up because I can't find one.  Even if I did, I'd expect to pay $5-6K.

So take out an advance from a CC, or sell a couple guns.  Do it now!  Or let me at it. [;)]
View Quote

WHAT SELL GUNS!!!!!! your mad man! Mad I say. I hink I lost it the second I told him I didn't have the cash. It sounded like a last minute, no cash has changed hands so let me see if this guy I know wants it type thing. I'll actually see him tonight so ill find out what I can.

On edit- yah I am kicking myself in the ass for this one as we speak!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
ditto, my check book is out, let me know who to wite a check too.

a sach advance on a cc would get this.

DO IT

TXL
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ditto, my check book is out, let me know who to wite a check too.

a sach advance on a cc would get this.

DO IT

TXL
View Quote

Maxed the CC to pay for the bolt gun project. Could get a loan yah I could see that one telling the bank i need $3000 to buy a machinegun!

BTW- nice avitar
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
please excuse my ignorance but what is a RDIAS?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Registered drop in auto sear. see link below for more info it is explained rather well.
http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html
The Drop In Auto Sear (DIAS) is a device when used in a semi-automatic AR-15 with M-16 fire control parts produces full auto fire without the need of an auto sear.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
what sort of ar can this be used in? a newly made regular bushmaster?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure if the newer bushies have a sear block in them or not, NE1 else got an answer to that question.
Where are you at in the great cheesehead state?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, IM me his phone # and I'll buy it...

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Just buy a DIAS from Shotgun News. They are less than $200.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
and for those of you who don't know imbro. he is kidding of course.  The ones in shotgun news are a baatf sting.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
and for those of you who don't know imbro. he is kidding of course.  The ones in shotgun news are a baatf sting.

TXL
View Quote

i wonder why sgn allows these ads to be placed in their magazine

i sure as hell wouldn't if it was a known fed sting
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Credit card...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
so pretty much what your saying is that you are trying to go full auto illegaly.

watch your back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i wonder why sgn allows these ads to be placed in their magazine

i sure as hell wouldn't if it was a known fed sting
View Quote

The same ads have been running in SGN for over 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just buy a DIAS from Shotgun News. They are less than $200.
View Quote

I bet your fed buddies would like that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so pretty much what your saying is that you are trying to go full auto illegaly.

watch your back.
View Quote

Who me? nope!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wanted to let everyone know that yes the RDIAS is sold. I got a chance to talk to the guy that was selling it. and let him know if he had anymore NFA stuff to get rid of down the road to let me know, because if I can't take it off his hands I can put plenty of people in touch with him that would be more than willing to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top