Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
I am trying to locate a cheap rebuilt transmission for my brothers Ford Bronco it takes a C6 I think he said.
Any of you know where to find these on the net?
His Bronco will not shift past 2nd gear and was told it would probably be cheaper to replace it with a used or rebuilt one, what do you mechanical gurus think?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Call around to local junk yards...lots of 'em laying around.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Call around to local junk yards...lots of 'em laying around.
View Quote
Yep.......the C6 is a very common transmission, especially in trucks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
personally, i would buy a TCI rebuilt tranny, i recently bought a c4 for my brother in laws mustang, 750 i think

and they're rated for 450hp so you know you're good with a ford!!!!!!!!!!

j/k, ford guys dont get your panties in a wad
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It will be for his Bronco which is mainly an off road fun vehicle and maybe he sometimes drives it a few miles to and from work. He has some sort of real good off road gears in it or something and like 33" muddin tires. He is getting ready to have the whole interior done with rhino liner stuff to water proof and make it easy to clean as we plan to get it more than a little messy.
Hopefully we will be making some good photo posting material with our little fun trips pretty soon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Jasper also sells remanufactured transmissions (check their web site for prices).  They are expensive but some claim they are better than a GM rebuit transmission.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top