Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 1:58:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Funny you should ask...

I have a huge concrete bird bath fountain without a base..  so I'm going to carve a nice base out of a 3 foot stump that's about 2 foot in diameter.   I have a Stihl chain saw.

I guess I need to hunt down a website on doing this. It might help to pick up a few hints before I start [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, just for a short assignment in a motel in Colombia. Kind of messy though...[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a very handy tool called a carving disc, which is a length of chainsaw mounted on a disc, that you can use in your angle grinder.  It's an incredible tool and if you're into chainsaw carving, you should get one of these, too.

www.woodcraft.com sells two items of this type.  The high tech Arbortech carving tool,  and the Lancelot chainsaw discs.    I use the Lancelot for rough carving the arched top and back of archtop guitars that I make.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
i used to be pretty heavily into it..but then it became too commercialized. now i only work with hand tools and butter or salt blocks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I really don't see myself working on anything so mixed-media.

Besides, what could you carve a chainsaw into?

Maybe whittle it down into a smaller chainsaw...

I suppose one could try carving a beaver out of one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top