Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 8:14:12 AM EDT
They have a good price on FAL Imbel receivers. Anybody ever buy one?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have ordered from them in the past. I don't remember what or when but I would have remembered if it was a bad experience. They will send you a large catalog every month from now on when you order from them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few FAL uppers from them in the past.
They have their own forum on the falfiles web site ([url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php[/url])
I would suggest reading their forum as there is good contact info posted there. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.

The uppers I bought were great to build rifles with.

The only down side to their uppers was the Century Arms markings on them. Most guys feel they bring down the value of the rifles made with them.

There were Imbel uppers beings sold without the import markings visible on the side of the receiver. I can't recall who was selling them though. A search on the falfiles might show who was selling them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a walnut stock set from them Thursday, they said it was shipped Friday. I was supposed to get a tracking #, none yet. Sent e-mail yesterday asking about it. No answer. It IS the weekend. Had a nice chat with Brian on the phone. They have a good rep., I'm not worried. Know zip about their receivers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
funny you ask, I called my favorite ffl yesterday to have him order me one so I can complete the imbel parts kit I have. I'm not so worried about the century markings, I just want a beater FAL to blast with and will be putting it together without refinishing it..
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had my FFL order a Arsenal ak47 Classic from them, took about 2 weeks to get it, no problems, I will use them a gain.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
FAC is one of the worst junk peddlers out there along with CAI, SOG, etc.

95% of their items are crap.

They are notorious for deliberatly misleading advertising and gross misrepresentation of what they are actually selling.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
i have bought a few rifles from the, all milsurps.  what i wasn't happy with i sold, i did get a nice german k98 though and a ton of ammo (no shipping charges) that i picked up in person.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ordered one of their K98s with my C&R license, shipping was prompt, rifle came as advertised.  Not everyone can afford to buy Steyr Augs dude.
View Quote

Got nothing to do with Steyr AUGs.

Federal Arms Corp. produces the receivers used on CAI guns. Pure shit.

The bulk of the firearms are CAI products. Pure shit.

The rest are Hesse Products. Pure shit.

Also got some Oly Plinkers. Pure shit.

And tons of USA mags. Pure shit.

The only reason your K98 wasn't pure shit is they didn't make it. But it was imported by CAI who bought the crappy ones. For about $50 more you could have got a much better grade imported by a more repuatable company than CAI.

Of course those importers bringing in the better guns don't sell them to FAC.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top