Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 7:46:12 PM EDT
my boss knows someone over in iraq so all of us at work got a bunch of stuff together to mail out.  we made up a real nice care package.  there was too much stuff to list here but it was probably about $300 -$400 worth of stuff they could use or want.  we just got a reply yesterday....

Subject:        Thank you for the support!!!

All,
Attached is a few of our pictures of the "combat theater" here in Kuwait and
Iraq.  My platoon and I wish we could personally go to Pittsburgh and thank
each and everyone for your donations and support, it means so much to us,
believe me.  All of you have earned the grateful appreciation of every
Marine in Support Platoon forward deployed in support of Operation Iraqi
Freedom. Thank you.  Please feel free to pass this on to whomever
you like.  Thanks again Pittsburgh!!!
View Quote

[url=http://home.attbi.com/~sandp5/USMC.ppt]here[/url] are the photos he sent.  it is a powerpoint thing so you might need to download the viewer if you dont have it.  i thought it was cool as hell that they made that sign.  we also sent a marine flag which we all signed.  he said in another e-mail that they flew it and they are sending it back with a certificate.  i dont know what thats all about.  we thought they would keep it.  well...  just wanted to share.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You done good.  Be proud.  And hey, how about those Marines?  Let's give 'em a hand!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats cool.

How long did it take to get there, how did you guys ship it.

I have sent some packages in the mail and they have not arrived yet, over 30 days, others I shipped have arrived in country beating one sent before.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, Iraq sure looks like a God forsaken place, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
i dont know how it was shipped.  the lady we knew whose husband is there packed it all up for us.  she took care of the shipping.  it was mailed out about a month ago.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a dealer that sent a bunch of M16 cleaning kits to some guys whose armorer forgot to pack them.  They still have not received them, and possibly will come back home before the pkg reaches them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
we also sent a marine flag which we all signed. he said in another e-mail that they flew it and they are sending it back with a certificate. i dont know what thats all about. we thought they would keep it.
View Quote

They took your flag and I assume flew it in battle and now they're giving you back a hell of a souvenir. I'd think that would be fuckin cool.[^]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone post the pics? I don't have PowerPoint.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
hey sniper... just download the free viewer [url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d1649c22-b51f-4910-93fc-4cf2832d3342&DisplayLang=en]here[/url].
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys did good [b]durk[/b]!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

BTW, your avatar cracks me up every time I see it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hey sniper... just download the free viewer [url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d1649c22-b51f-4910-93fc-4cf2832d3342&DisplayLang=en]here[/url].
View Quote

Thanks, and good pics. Thanks for showing this to us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top