Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 7:37:34 PM EDT
Another turd on ebay....
Trying to say I didn't ship my item to them.
WTF. Left me NEG feedback.   I QUIT!!!!!!!
This buyer's EBAY name is EASTERNHOBBY, low feedback numbers, all'tho mine are not much higher. Avoid this BUYER/SELLER.

What I was selling was a diskette with some INFORMATION on it. I shipped it regular mail. Not a single email saying it was not received or asking where it was or anything. This sucks.

Should I leave negative feed back?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
ALWAYS ship your items via UPS, FEDEX or if you must ship via USPS use the Delivery Confirmation option so you have proof that the item was received by the individual.

Don't feel bad, there are lots of dirt bags on ebay, i have lots of trouble from dead beat bidders.

One other piece of advice, NEVER ship an item until you have full payment, lots of people will promise the checks in the mail and will request that you ship the item without payment. DON'T DO IT!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, slam him w/a negative AND add a response to the negative he gave you. Mention in both that he failed to contact you to voice a complaint and/or seek a remedy. This will identify him as a flake, as well as signaling that the negative he gave you is frivolous.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahem...admittedly, David_Hineline's suggestion does have a certain charm to it...and it is, after all, just a disk...

Feel free to disregard my previous recommendation, above.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
i just sent books a month ago ($62) and the person is saying they didn't get them and wants their money back.  i didn't get insurance (dumb mistake) or tracking#.  i have also had a lot of people recently asking me to send stuff before i get payment.  yeah right.  

i'm send the money back..it hurts to do it since i neither have the books or money anymore.
i'm going to fill out some form at the PO about lost packages too.  

and no, i don't take paypal.  damn ebay morons.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I still think we should form the [blue]AR15.com EBAY RETRIBUTION LEAGUE[/blue].

We can post the mailing address of the people who ripped us off and pay a personal visit to the dirtbags!

For example, I am not going to travel cross country to settle a $50 debt, but if someone on the board is local to the scam artist, they can pay him a visit and have someone else on the board pay THEIR rip-off jockey a visit in return.

[devil]
Nick Viejo
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm having a problem on eBay right now with this idiot that won a bid and now says the price is too high and he doesn't want it! I told him fine, pay me the listing fee and you're off the hook. He says why should I? This weekend I'll have to do the deadbeat bidder thing......I'll get negative feedback for sure!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why not just take the high road re-butt the negative feedback by saying Sorry you did not receive the disk I mailed to you. Second copy on it's way please contact me when you receive it so I know this is resolved.
View Quote

Better yet, since it's a mere /diskette/, all the info that could possibly fit on it (1.44 MB worth of data) could be safely sent per e-mail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#9]
but my check really is in the mail!!!!!!!!!

won an auction from a guy once and he sent me everything and it was fine so he had some other things i wanted as well so outside of ebay we dealed on that also

well, needless to say i sent the sorry MFer my money and never got shit back, wouldnt return my emails, nothing.  it only takes one asshole to make you wary of everybody.

i do believe his email address is [email protected], cocksucker
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
One time I thought this MFer on ebay stiffed me in an off the books transaction, well no shit, it arrived a mere 6 months later. The box had the shit mangled out of it but the contents were fine. Damn USPS.

Is there a mail carrier out there that doesn't suck monkey cock?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had nothing but good things as a buyer on ebay (7 items woo hoo!, big spender, watch out!).  I picked up an ISDN router and asked the guy for the total with shipping and insurance.  No reply, but the router showed up two days later.  The shipping amount was on the label, I quickly paid him and left positive feedback.

Just remember the quote from Andrew "Dice" Clay in the Ford Fairlane movie, "So many assholes..."
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have bought and sold $1000 dollar items on EBay in the past with no problems. But lately it seems like there are more and more problems with scams, both buyers and sellers.

ALWAYS - Ship in a manner which you can confirm delivery, don't worry about the cost, charge it to the buyer.

ALWAYS - Get payment up front, do not ship before hand. And don't ship until you are sure all checks have cleared.

Sometimes you may not want to deal with someone that has no feedback, negative feedback, or has sunglasses. E-mail them and ask questions, cancel their bid if you don't like how they sound. I have canceled a couple of really high bids, but I didn't like the feeling I had from these bidders.

good luck!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Lots of good advice!
In responce to WHY NOT EMAIL THE INFO: I tried listing like that, four auctions BOMBED OUT. I switched to a diskette, and they sold like hot cakes. I dunno why. Its not ILLEGAL info.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]

ALWAYS - Ship in a manner which you can confirm delivery, don't worry about the cost, charge it to the buyer.

ALWAYS - Get payment up front, do not ship before hand. And don't ship until you are sure all checks have cleared.
View Quote

These are THE cardinal rules for Ebay!  Keep these two rules and you eliminate 99% of your issues.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of info?
View Quote

From the ad:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=3605539536[/url]

"SKS Full Auto Plans! Buy It Now! $3.49 Cheap!"
"Item # 3605539536"

[img]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_cdd02be48c2fa66cbb9491cfdfc928c4/i-1.JPG[/img]

"Payment Instructions

Payment By Postal Money Order or Paypal. Paypal By credit card add $.50 to cover fees. If you do not add $.50 to cover fees your money will be returned MINUS the fees and neutral or negative feedback will be issued. SHIPPING IS $1.50 TO USA ONLY!!! Thank you for your time. Read My feedback."

Such furor over a $5 auction!  

Edited to add:  Too bad he couldn't have taken the time to email you.  This could have been fixed instantly.  BTW, I don't deal with buyers or sellers who have excessive negative feedback, either.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get the insurance too

These are THE cardinal rules for Ebay!  Keep these two rules and you eliminate 99% of your issues.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I've sold and bought my share of items on Ebay and mostly have dealt with great people.  But there are some out there that are MFers for sure.  I used to really like Paypal.  You could get the money sent to your account within minutes of the auction ending and be able to send the stuff out the same day....what a great concept!!  Well one day my account gets socked for about $125 in what they call a "chargeback".  This A-hole tells his credit card company I didn't send him anything six months after the transaction is complete and we had both already left positive feedbacks!!!  I contacted him and his excuse was his wife did it by mistake and even so I never get a penny back and of course he stops answering my emails.  He pretty much took the trust out of Ebay for me.  I still enjoy doing auctions when I have something to sell, but it's not the same.  I no longer take Paypal at all as they were absolutely no help in this matter....they never even gave me any notice that they were taking money from my account.  Now Ebay owns Paypal!!!  Buyer and sellers beware...there are bad guys out ther ready to screw you if you give them the chance.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I've had lot's of good luck, and my share of bad! It was better BEFORE all you pricks (knowledgable people) got there. Aimpoint Comp M's for $200,chrome AR bolt carrier groups for $90. I cleaned up pretty good for aw hile (as a buyer that is)!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've sold and bought my share of items on Ebay and mostly have dealt with great people.  But there are some out there that are MFers for sure.  I used to really like Paypal.  You could get the money sent to your account within minutes of the auction ending and be able to send the stuff out the same day....what a great concept!!  Well one day my account gets socked for about $125 in what they call a "chargeback".  This A-hole tells his credit card company I didn't send him anything six months after the transaction is complete and we had both already left positive feedbacks!!!  I contacted him and his excuse was his wife did it by mistake and even so I never get a penny back and of course he stops answering my emails.  He pretty much took the trust out of Ebay for me.  I still enjoy doing auctions when I have something to sell, but it's not the same.  I no longer take Paypal at all as they were absolutely no help in this matter....they never even gave me any notice that they were taking money from my account.  Now Ebay owns Paypal!!!  Buyer and sellers beware...there are bad guys out ther ready to screw you if you give them the chance.
View Quote

Did you have proof of delivery? You could have fought it if you did.

If you don't follow the rules of CYA, your gonna get burned.

Sorry you got took.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Ebay and paypal both stink.

Unfortunately, they are both useful and necessary evils.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top